Electric Vehicle Market
Electric Vehicle Market - Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Vehicle Type Passenger Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles, Two-Wheelers, E-Scooters & Bikes, Light Commercial Vehicles
- By Propulsion Type Hybrid Vehicles, Battery Electric Vehicles, Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles
- By Power Output Less than 100 kW, 100 kW to 250 kW, More than 250 kW
- By End Use Private Use, Commercial Use, Industrial Use
- By Charging Standard Guobiao Standards (GB/T), CHArge de MOve (CHAdeMO), Combined Charging System (CCS), Tesla Supercharger, Type 1 (SAE J1772), Type 2 (IEC 62196)
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2023 - 2030|
|Historical Years:||2017 - 2021|
|Revenue 2022:||USD 193.55 Billion|
|Revenue 2030:||USD 693.70 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2023 - 2030):||17.30%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2023 - 2030)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2022):||Asia Pacific|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
AI (GPT) is here !!! Ask questions about Electric Vehicle Market
Global Electric Vehicle Market is valued at USD 193.55 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 693.70 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 17.30% over the forecast period.
Increased demand for fuel-efficient, high-performance, and low-emission vehicles, strict government pollution restrictions, falling prices for Electric Vehicle batteries, and rising gasoline prices all contribute to the expansion of the Electric Vehicle Market. There is more demand for fuel-efficient cars due to the recent increase in the price of gasoline and diesel. As a result, an increasing need for highly fuel-efficient technology fuels a spike in the market for Electric Vehicles. Additionally, governments and environmental organizations worldwide pass strict emission standards and rules to lower car emissions in response to growing environmental concerns. This is predicted to increase consumer demand for Electric Vehicles, propelling market expansion.
Electric Vehicle Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Furthermore, the leading players in the Electric Vehicle Market should benefit greatly from technological growth, proactive government initiatives, and self-driving electric car technology development. The cost of Electric Vehicle batteries has declined over the last ten years due to technological advancements and massive battery production. As Electric Vehicle batteries are one of the most expensive parts of the automobile, this has led to a decrease in the price of Electric Vehicles, causing the market to grow. However, most developing nations lack suitable EV charging infrastructure and have not yet caught up to meet the demand, impeding the expansion of the market for Electric Vehicles.
Top Market Trends
· Increased demand for fuel-efficient, high-performance, and low-emission vehicles, strict government pollution restrictions, falling prices for Electric Vehicle batteries, and rising gasoline prices all contribute to the expansion of the Electric Vehicle Market.
· In 2021, the commercial vehicle market accounted for the greatest portion of the overall market, about 57%.
· In 2021, the BEV segment will dominate the Electric Vehicle Market with the highest revenue share of 63%.
· The development of self-driving Electric Vehicle technology and other factors, including technological advancement and proactive government policies, could be very advantageous for the top players in the Electric Vehicle Market.
The Electric Vehicle Market is segmented based on Vehicle Type, Propulsion Type, Power Output, End Use, Charging Standard, and Region. Based on the Vehicle Type, the market is further segmented into Passenger Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles, Two-Wheelers, E-Scooters & Bikes, and Light Commercial Vehicles. In addition, based on the Propulsion Type, the market is divided into Hybrid Vehicles, Battery Electric Vehicles, and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles. Furthermore, based on the Power Output, the market is segmented as Less than 100 kW, 100 kW to 250 kW, and More than 250 kW. Additionally, based on the End Use, the Electric Vehicle Market is segmented as Private Use, Commercial Use, and Industrial Use. In addition, based on the Charging Standard, the market is bifurcated into Guobiao Standards (GB/T), CHArge de MOve (CHAdeMO), Combined Charging System (CCS), Tesla Supercharger, Type 1 (SAE J1772), and Type 2 (IEC 62196).
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on End Use:
The Commercial Category Dominated the Market in 2021
In 2021, the Commercial category dominated the Electric Vehicle Market. The nation's ongoing deployment of electric light-duty Commercial vehicles and electric buses is responsible for the segment's expansion. As the government pursues aggressive plans to increase the number of electric cars on the road to minimize vehicle pollution in the nation's major cities, electric buses are already gaining popularity. Due to rising fuel prices, tough immigration laws imposed by governments, an increase in independent delivery vehicles, and the addition of electric motorcars and vehicles, this market segment is expected to grow rapidly. The growing abandonment of independent delivery trucks and the growing abandonment of electric motorcars and vehicles are all factors contributing to the segment's quick growth. Furthermore, the passenger car segment is expected to expand throughout the forecast period. Due to growing government investments in EV infrastructure and tax incentives provided to consumers, the market for diesel and gasoline-powered passenger vehicles is transitioning from diesel and gasoline-powered vehicles to electric passenger vehicles.
Based on Propulsion Type:
Battery Electric Vehicles Category Dominated the Market in 2021
The segment's dominant market share can be attributed to consumers' growing preference for EVs over ICE cars and regulations on vehicle CO2 emissions. Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) have the potential to significantly reduce both the long-term cost of ownership and vehicle emissions. It is also anticipated that advances in battery technology and declining lithium-ion battery pricing would increase demand for BEVs over the forecasted timeframe. Furthermore, it is anticipated that the PHEV market will grow significantly. The purpose of plug-in hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs), which work in conjunction with low-range, high-voltage (HV) battery systems, is to improve the utilization of internal combustion engines. In PHEVs, the electric motor is more powerful, and the battery is significantly bigger. The battery may be recharged using regenerative braking, ICE, and an external power source. As a result, PHEVs provide customers with flexible and useful transportation options.
Based on Regional Analysis:
The Asia Pacific had the Largest Share in 2021
The Asia Pacific accounted for the largest Electric Vehicle Market share in 2021. Federal funding for market players from both developing and developed nations, combined with stringent rules, is fueling the growth of the Asia-Pacific Electric Vehicle Market. Subsidies and other incentives from China's Transport Ministry help low-emission bus fleets develop, which benefits the market. While their governments significantly invest in EV companies to promote EV manufacturing and sales globally, other countries like Japan, Korea, and India are also opportunistic markets. These market participants provide a variety of Electric Vehicles, such as electric buses, light commercial vehicles, and passenger automobiles. Corporations are putting a lot of effort into releasing cutting-edge, technologically superior products. The country will become the region's fastest-growing market for EVs in the next year thanks to the new car scrappage legislation, which allows existing vehicles to be scrapped for conversion to low-emission ones.
· In February 2022, the MG 4, an EV that MG Motors will soon release in India later in 2022, was on display. The EV will have a 61.1 kWh battery pack and should have a range of about 400 km.
· In January 2022, Volkswagen said its ID.5 vehicle, based on the Skoda Enayat ivy model, is under development. On a single charge, the car should travel about 300 miles.
· In April 2021, the key player named Toyota introduced the new Miraa & LS models in Japan, which come with the technology of advanced driving assessment.
· In April 2021, the key player BYD introduced four new Electric Vehicle models equipped with Blade batteries in Chongqing. The new vehicle models, Qin plus EV, E2 2021 Tang EV, and Song plus EV came with the advanced battery safety feature.
The key players in the Global Electric Vehicle Market include- BMW Group (Germany), BYD Company Ltd. (China), Daimler AG (Germany), Honda Motor Co. Ltd. (Japan), Hyundai Motor Company (South Korea), Kia Corporation (South Korea), Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (Japan), TATA Motors Limited (India), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (India), Tesla Inc. (U.S.), Volkswagen AG (Germany), Toyota Motor Company (Japan), Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (Japan), Groupe Renault (France), Beijing Automotive Industry Corp. (BAIC) (China), SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (China), Geely Automobile Holdings Limited (China), Guangzhou Xiaopeng Motors Technology Company Ltd. (China), NIO Inc. (China) and others.
Segmentation of the Global Electric Vehicle Market:
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
What is the global demand for Electric Vehicle in terms of revenue?
The global Electric Vehicle valued at USD 193.55 Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 693.70 Billion in 2030 growing at a CAGR of 17.30%.
Which are the prominent players in the market?
The prominent players in the market are BMW Group (Germany), BYD Company Ltd. (China), Daimler AG (Germany), Honda Motor Co. Ltd. (Japan), Hyundai Motor Company (South Korea), Kia Corporation (South Korea), Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (Japan), TATA Motors Limited (India), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (India), Tesla Inc. (U.S.), Volkswagen AG (Germany), Toyota Motor Company (Japan), Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (Japan), Groupe Renault (France), Beijing Automotive Industry Corp. (BAIC) (China), SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (China), Geely Automobile Holdings Limited (China), Guangzhou Xiaopeng Motors Technology Company Ltd. (China), NIO Inc. (China).
At what CAGR is the market projected to grow within the forecast period?
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 17.30% between 2023 and 2030.
What are the driving factors fueling the growth of the market.
The driving factors of the Electric Vehicle include
- Reducing prices of batteries to support demand for cost-effective EVs
Which region accounted for the largest share in the market?
Asia Pacific was the leading regional segment of the Electric Vehicle in 2022.