Pay TV Video Encoder Market to Reach Valuation of USD 829.5 Million by 2028 - Growing market for OTT services in developing countries to Drive the Market Growth
From the period 2022 to 2028, the Global Pay TV Video Encoder Market is expected to reach in terms of revenue, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of .
Televisions with a resolution of 4K have become commonplace. However, it is difficult to fully utilise the advantages of 4K TVs due to the limited availability of 4K programming on broadcast and streaming networks. Although some 4K content is available through OTT providers such as Netflix, Hulu, and Prime, broadcasting such content requires strong internet connections, large bandwidth, and high-efficiency video coding. Streaming and broadcasting of 4K footage are limited due to a lack of adoption of high-efficiency encoders such as H.266 and AV1. The most modern video compression technique, HEVC (H.265), is more efficient than older standards such as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4. Although switching video codecs saves bandwidth, patent terms are unclear, workflow components are missing, and implementation costs are exorbitant.
Key Highlights from the Report
- On the basis of Product Type, the market is segmented into Cable, Satellite and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). In 2020, the cable segment dominated the market. On-board chargers are projected to become more popular as the number of electric passenger cars sold worldwide rises. Over the projected period, the bus segment is expected to increase at the fastest rate. In buses, an onboard charger is utilized to convert AC to DC to charge the battery. The segment's growth is likely to be aided by an increase in sales of zero-emission buses around the world.
- On the basis of Application, the market is segmented into Video on Demand (VOD), Games and Interactive Advertisements In 2020, the Interactive Advertisement dominated the market. Cable is the most common television supplier in most countries. Cable operators are under pressure from IPTV and satellite services. Direct-to-Home (DTH) is an acronym for direct-to-home television (Satellite). In the United States, DTH has grown in popularity, and it is only getting started in developing countries. IPTV is a relatively new service when compared to satellite and cable. The interactive advertising industry has changed dramatically in the previous decade, giving up new opportunities for traditional broadcasters. In the traditional media value chain, content is created for a specific channel and then broadcast to millions of viewers. The delivery of media content to any connected device is the most crucial trend in the broadcast industry. Individual clients can access rich media services, such as video streaming, from a variety of devices, regardless of their location. The rapid acceptance of various types of online material, as well as the development of devices such as tablets and smartphones that allow for high-quality viewing experiences, are driving the acceleration.
- is the fastest regional segment in terms of growth. During the forecast period, Asia Pacific will continue to be the fastest expanding market. In comparison to internet protocol television (IPTV) and satellite video encoders, the cable video encoders market will increase quickly. new technological breakthroughs, new specifications, unique concepts, maintaining cost and channel density competitiveness, and innovation on lateral characteristics such as multiplexing and advertising insertion will enhance this market.
Some of the key players in the Global Pay TV Video Encoder Market include and others.
Ease of connecting analogue cameras using video encoders to a network.
Images are collected and stored on a local storage device using an analogue camera with a CCD sensor. These saved and processed images can be delivered in real-time using a video encoder. A video encoder connects to an analogue video camera via coaxial cable and converts analogue video signals into digital video streams. Images must be transformed back to their analogue forms in order to be viewed on devices such as computers, laptops, tablets, and other similar devices. Because analogue cameras require separate video encoders, it is less expensive to maintain.
The growing market for OTT services in developing countries
Audio, video and other media are delivered over the internet via over-the-top (OTT) services. When the internet became widely available, the market for computer-based pay TV video encoders exploded. However, due to inferior technology at the time, bandwidth speed was extremely limited. Because of developments in electronics, smart TVs and other smart gadgets such as smartphones were available later. Apart from their core use, these devices were designed with internet access as an extra feature.
Over the projection period, North America is expected to have tremendous growth. North America has always been at the forefront of technological advancements, and the telecom sector is no exception. The North American market is made up of the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Cisco, Harmonic, Inc., and Honeywell Security, among others, are located in the region. North America's video encoder market is the most competitive and active in the world. Furthermore, the region is expected to grow and adopt new technology at a faster rate than the rest of the world.
The Pay TV Video Encoder Market is segmented as follows:
- Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
- Video on Demand (VOD)
- Interactive Advertisements
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
- Banking Financial Services and Insurance
- Industrial Electronics
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Browse market data Tables and Figures
Pages and in-depth TOC on "Pay TV Video Encoder Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product Type (Cable, Satellite, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)), by Application (Video on Demand (VOD), Games, Interactive Advertisements), by Enterprise Size (Small & Medium Enterprise, Large Enterprise), by Industry Verticals (Education, Banking Financial Services and Insurance, Automotive, Communications), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America) - Global Industry Assessment (2016 - 2021) & Forecast (2022 - 2028)"
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Vantage Market Research is a reputed company committed to providing high quality data and market research services. The company provides quantified B2B high quality research on more than 20,000 emerging markets. The company offers detailed reports on multiple industries including chemical materials and energy, food and beverages, healthcare, technology, etc. The company comprises over 125 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,100 market research reports to its vast database every year. The company’s clientele base spans across 70% of the Global Fortune 500 companies.