The global Food Extrusion Market is valued at USD 77.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 124.87 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.1% between 2023 and 2030.
The market is being driven by various factors including effective manufacturing of ready-to-eat options is the rising customer demand for convenience foods, which is spurred by busy lives. The adaptability of extrusion methods also meets changing customer desires for more sustainable and healthier food options by enabling the production of a variety of food products with different textures and nutritional profiles. Cost effectiveness continues to be a compelling factor, and extrusion processes frequently result in savings for industries.
Food Extrusion Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- In response to growing environmental consciousness, the market is also embracing sustainability programs and incorporating eco-friendly processes and products. While globalization and expanding markets provide opportunities for market expansion, technological progress is continuing to improve the effectiveness and quality of extrusion processes.
- Europe generated more than 41.5% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Breakfast Cereals segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 27.8% of the total revenue share in 2022 due to the growing consumer preference for convenient and nutritious breakfast options
- Single Screw segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 42.5% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Hot Extrusion segment accounts for largest revenue of 55.4% in 2022
The has grown significantly. Research & development expenditures in the market have increased significantly, accounting for around 10% of overall industry spending, resulting in advancements in extrusion technology and a wider range of applications. The market's footprint has grown to over 150 nations on a global scale, a stunning 20% growth in global market penetration. However, difficulties still exist, such as varying raw material costs (which have increased by 5% annually) and sustainability issues (which have prompted roughly 30% of industry players to embrace eco-friendly procedures). Companies devote about 15% of their resources to comply with strict food safety laws, which continues to be a major priority.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing demand for convenience foods: As consumers have less time to cook, convenience foods are getting more and more popular. The process of food extrusion is adaptable and can be used to create a range of convenience foods, including pasta, breakfast cereals, and snacks.
- Growing demand for healthy and nutritious foods: Foods that are healthier and more nutrient-dense are becoming more and more in demand. Foods high in fiber, protein, and other nutrients can be created by food extrusion.
- Development of new and innovative food products: Food extrusion is an area that is continually changing, and new and inventive food products are always being created. For instance, plant-based meats and cheeses that are identical to their animal-based counterparts are being made via food extrusion.
- Increased use of automation and robotics: In order to increase productivity and efficiency, the industry is using automation and robotics more and more. This is leading to Lower costs and higher-quality products.
- Growing demand for sustainable food production: The effects of food production on the environment are becoming more well known among consumers. Food extrusion is a somewhat sustainable technology that can aid in lowering energy usage and food waste.
The globel Food Extrusion market can be categorized into Product Type , Extruder , Process , Region. The Market can be categorized into Savory Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Bread , Flours & Starches , Textured Protein, Functional ingredients , Others based on Product Type . The Market can be categorized into Single Screw , Twin Screw , Contra Twin Screw based on Extruder . The Market can be categorized into Cold Extrusion , Hot Extrusion based on Process . The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific , Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product Type
Breakfast Cereals holds the largest share
The market is expected to be dominated by the the breakfast cereals segment due to rising desire for quick and wholesome breakfast options. Breakfast cereals like flakes, puffs, and granola can be produced using the flexible method of food extrusion. It is an excellent option for manufacturers because it is also a reasonably affordable technique.
Based on Extruder
Single Screw will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the Single Screw extruder segment. They stand out in particular for being cost-effective, providing a desirable option for small and medium-sized food businesses looking for affordable production solutions. Their simpler design improves operating simplicity and maintenance effectiveness. Additionally, single screw extruders are remarkably versatile, making it possible to produce a variety of foods, from pasta and pet food to snacks and breakfast cereals.
Based on Process
Hot Extrusion will account for largest market share
In terms of process, hot extrusion is anticipated to hold the greatest market share for due to wide range of uses, allowing the creation of a variety of foods such pasta, breakfast cereals, snacks, and pet food. Its high throughput capacity is also notable since it enables producers to make large amounts of food goods quickly. Hot extrusion also gives producers exact control over essential product characteristics including texture, moisture content, and nutrient composition, which increases its attractiveness.
Based on Region
Europe led the market
Europe is expected to dominate the market for due to the well-established food and beverage industry. Food extrusion has been widely adopted due to its adaptability in generating a variety of handy food products, as well as the region's growing demand for convenience foods. Additionally, the use of food extrusion has been motivated by the growing consumer appetite for healthier and more nutrient-dense food options in Europe, enabling the development of fiber-rich, protein-packed, and nutrient-enriched foods. Food extrusion has also seen increased demand as a result of Europe's strict food safety rules because it provides a dependable procedure for guaranteeing the safety and quality of food items, solidifying its position as a key participant in the market.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players, Leading companies in this sector continually invest in research and development to develop cutting-edge extrusion technologies, expand their product portfolios, and cater to evolving consumer demands for healthier, sustainable, and convenient food options. Mergers, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships are commonplace, as companies seek to enhance their global reach and operational capabilities. Moreover, sustainable and environmentally friendly practices are becoming increasingly important, with sustainability initiatives, such as recyclable packaging and reducing carbon footprints, being integrated into the strategies of many players.
The players in the global market include Bühler, Akron Tool & Die, Baker Perkins, Coperion, GEA, KAHL Group, Triott Group, Flexicon, Groupe Legris Industries, The Bonnot Company, American Extrusion International, Shandong Light M&E Co.Ltd among others.
Recent Market Developments
- 2022: The APAC Protein Innovation Center was inaugurated by Givaudan and Bühler together. It is situated in Singapore's Givaudan Woodlands. Experts from both firms support the jointly run Protein Innovation Centre. Its connections to Switzerland's extensive network of R&D innovation hubs and other important regional hubs support the development of plant-based products on a worldwide scale. This aids the business in realizing its vision of a cooperative and sustainable food future.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Product Type (Savory Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Bread , Flours & Starches , Textured Protein, Functional ingredients , Others )
- Extruder (Single Screw , Twin Screw , Contra Twin Screw )
- Process (Cold Extrusion , Hot Extrusion )
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific , Latin America, Middle East & Africa )
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Akron Tool & Die
- Baker Perkins
- KAHL Group
- Triott Group
- Groupe Legris Industries
- The Bonnot Company
- American Extrusion International
- Shandong Light M&E Co.Ltd
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options