Global Food Contact Paper Market is valued at USD 71.90 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 99.94 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 4.20% over the forecast period.
Numerous factors have contributed to the rise of the Food Contact Paper Market. The growing population and the changing lifestyles of people have led to an increased demand for processed and convenience foods. This has resulted in a need for packaging materials that can preserve the quality of food and extend its shelf life. In September 2020, FDA released a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) for FCS that would make major changes to the current regulations. It is made from paper that has been coated with a food-grade polymer, which makes it impermeable to moisture and grease. The growing demand for packaged foods is one of the major factors driving the growth of the Food Contact Paper Market. The increase in disposable income and the changing lifestyle of consumers have led to the increased consumption of ready-to-eat and processed foods. This, in turn, has resulted in the increased use of Food Contact Paper in packaging applications. The increased use of disposable paper bags has had a positive impact on the Food Contact Paper Market. With the increasing demand for Food Contact Paper, manufacturers are innovating new products to meet the needs of their customers. For instance, some manufacturers are now producing biodegradable Food Contact Paper, which is an eco-friendly option for those who are looking to reduce their environmental impact. In 2020, the FDA released new guidelines for Food Contact Paper packaging. These guidelines were developed in response to the growing demand for safe and sustainable food packaging options. The FDA's guidance provides manufacturers with instructions on how to produce Food Contact Paper that is safe for consumers and the environment. In 2021, major food companies began using Food Contact Paper to package their products. This trend is expected to continue as more companies seek out sustainable packaging options. Some of the largest companies using Food Contact Paper include Nestle, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and Unilever.
Food Contact Paper Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Several factors are driving the growth of the Food Contact Paper Market. The first is the growing trend of consumers wanting to reduce their carbon footprint and eat more healthily. This has led to an increase in demand for products that are made from sustainable materials, such as paper. Another factor driving growth is the increasing popularity of home cooking and baking. This has created a need for durable and easy-to-clean surfaces, like Food Contact Paper, to line baking pans and cookie sheets. Finally, the rise in e-commerce and online grocery shopping has also contributed to the growth of the market. In 2022, it is estimated that global online sales will reach $4.2 trillion, which is an increase of 16% from 2021. According to a report by Mordor Intelligence, the global online grocery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.8% during the forecast period. This trend is expected to continue into 2023, with online sales forecasted to reach $6.5 trillion. This is due to the increasing number of people who are using smartphones and tablets to access the internet. In 2022, it is estimated that there will be 2.87 billion mobile internet users worldwide, which is an increase of 7.4% from 2021. This trend is expected to continue into 2023, with the number of mobile internet users forecasted to reach 3.78 billion. Food Contact Paper provides a safe and sanitary way to package orders for these types of businesses. In 2021, another advancement was made when companies developed a way to recycle used Food Contact Paper. This process turns the waste paper into a new sheet of Food Contact Paper that can be used again. The major market restraints for the Food Contact Paper Market are the stringent regulations by various regional and international organizations, such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), and others. The regulations regarding the use of Food Contact Papers are constantly evolving, which might hamper the market growth in the coming years. Additionally, the high cost of Food Contact Papers is another major restraint for market growth. Overall, the popularity of the market in local areas is increasing as more people become aware of the benefits of using this type of paper.
Impact of the Market Growth
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
As the Food Contact Paper Market continues to grow, so too will the efforts to reduce pollution. This is because Food Contact Paper is made from recycled materials, which reduces the amount of pollution that is created during its production. Additionally, Food Contact Paper is also recyclable, which further reduces the amount of pollution that it creates. Food Contact Paper is coated with a special resin that makes it resistant to grease and moisture, which means that it is less likely to absorb harmful bacteria. This makes it an excellent choice for use in the kitchen, where food preparation can often be a messy affair. Another big advantage of using Food Contact Paper is that it is very easy to clean. Unlike other types of paper, such as waxed paper, Food Contact Paper can simply be wiped down with a damp cloth or sponge. This makes it much easier to keep your kitchen clean and tidy, as well as reduces the risk of cross-contamination between different surfaces.
Top Market Trends
The Food Contact Paper Market is constantly evolving. The latest trends include the following:
- Increased focus on sustainability – With consumers becoming more aware of the impact of their purchasing choices on the environment, there is a growing demand for sustainable packaging options. Food Contact Paper made from recyclable or compostable materials is therefore becoming increasingly popular.
- Improved barrier properties – Barrier properties are essential for Food Contact Paper, as they help to keep food fresh and protected from contamination. New developments in barrier technology are therefore making Food Contact Paper an even more effective packaging solution.
- Enhanced printability – As brands look to make their packaging more eye-catching and distinctive, enhanced printability is becoming an important consideration when selecting Food Contact Paper. High-quality printing can help to make a product stand out on the shelves and boost sales.
- Greater customization – With consumers wanting ever-more personalized experiences, customized packaging is in high demand. Food Contact Paper that can be easily printed or die-cut to specific shapes and sizes is therefore becoming increasingly popular among brands looking to differentiate their products.
- Development of new applications: Food Contact Paper is being used in a variety of new applications, such as ice cream packaging and coffee cups.
- Increased use of recycled material: Recycled material is being used increasingly in the production of Food Contact Paper, to reduce the environmental impact of the product.
The Global Food Contact Paper Market is segmented based on Product, Application, and Region. Based on Product, the market is segmented into Kraft Paper, Specialty Paper, Recycled Paper, and Other Products. Based on Application, the Food Contact Paper Market has been segmented into Bakery & Confectionery, Fresh Food, Dairy Products, Fast Food, Baby Food, and Others. Region-wise, the Global Food Contact Paper Market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Kraft paper is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The rising demand for kraft paper from the packaging industry is expected to drive market growth. Specialty paper is expected to be the second-largest segment of the Food Contact Paper Market during the forecast period. The increasing use of specialty paper in applications such as food wrappers, labels, and liners is expected to fuel the growth of this segment. Recycled paper is projected to be the third-largest segment during the forecast period. The growing preference for eco-friendly and sustainable products is expected to boost the demand for recycled paper. Others include tracing paper, parchment paper, and waxed paper.
Based on Application
The Bakery & Confectionery industry is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period. The fresh food industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0% during the same period. Food Contact Paper is being increasingly used in the packaging of fresh food, as it helps to extend the shelf life of the product. The dairy products industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period. The growing health consciousness among consumers is expected to drive the demand for dairy products. The fast food industry is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during the same period. The baby food industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period. The busy lifestyles of consumers are expected to drive the demand for fast food. The other segments of the Food Contact Paper Market include frozen desserts, convenience foods, meat products, and others.
Based on Region
North America held the dominant position in the Global Food Contact Paper Market in 2020 and is projected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period as well. This is due to the growing demand for packaged and processed food items in this region. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market for Food Contact Paper during the forecast period because of the increasing awareness about health and fitness among consumers in this region. The region is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2022 to 2025. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market for Food Contact Paper during the forecast period due to the rapid economic growth in countries such as India and China in this region. The region is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2022 to 2025. The growth of the Asia Pacific Food Contact Paper Market is driven by the growing demand from end-use industries such as food & beverage and packaging. In addition, the region has a large number of manufacturers of Food Contact Paper. The market in Latin America is also expected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period due to changing consumer preferences and increasing disposable incomes in this region. Brazil is the largest market in Latin America, followed by Mexico and Argentina. Middle East & Africa is a small but growing market for Food Contact Paper. Saudi Arabia is the largest market in the Middle East & Africa, followed by UAE and South Africa.
The key players in the Global Food Contact Paper Market include- Mondi PLC (UK), Westrock Company (US), Pudumjee Paper Products Ltd. (India), Asian Pulp & Paper Company Ltd. (Indonesia), Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj (Finland), BPM Inc. (US), KRPA Holding CZ (Czechia) and others.
- In the United States, the FDA has been working diligently to create better safety standards for Food Contact Paper. In particular, they have been focused on reducing the amount of BPA that is used in Food Contact Paper products. As a result of these efforts, the FDA has issued new guidance for manufacturers of Food Contact Paper products. In 2020, the FDA released new guidelines for Food Contact Paper packaging.
- In Europe, the European Commission has also been working to improve safety standards for Food Contact Paper. They have recently published a new regulation that sets out specific requirements for the use of Food Contact Paper products.
- Huhtamaki OYJ recently announced its new strategic plan, H2 2022, under which the company aims to generate EUR 3 billion in annual sales by 2022. As part of this plan, Huhtamaki aims to invest in growth opportunities across segments and geographies and create shareholder value through increased profitability and returns. Under this plan, the company also aims at expanding its product portfolio with sustainable innovations and investing in digitalization throughout the value chain.
Segmentation of the Global Food Contact Paper Market
- Product (Kraft Paper, Specialty Paper, Recycled Paper, Other Products)
- Application (Bakery & Confectionery, Fresh Food, Dairy Products, Fast Food, Baby Food, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Mondi PLC (UK)
- Westrock Company (US)
- Pudumjee Paper Products Ltd. (India)
- Asian Pulp & Paper Company Ltd. (Indonesia)
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj (Finland)
- BPM Inc. (US)
- KRPA Holding CZ (Czechia)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options