Newborn Screening Market to Reach Valuation of USD 1164 Million by 2028 – Growing Prevalence of Newborn Disorders Drives the Market
In terms of revenue, the Global Newborn Screening Market is expected to reach by 2028, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of from 2022 to 2028.
The growing prevalence of newborn disorders, rising government support for Newborn Screening, and advancements in screening technology are anticipated to augment the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Highlights from Report:
- The consumables segment accounted for the largest share of the market. This growth is attributable to the consistent requirement for consumables in Newborn Screening. In addition, the growing newborn disease prevalence and growing Newborn Screening rate throughout the globe are the major propelling factors that assist the growth of consumables in the market.
- The immunoassays & enzymatic assays segment is expected to grow at a considerable Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) during the forecast period. This is commonly due to the comprehensive utilization of these assays to screen for disorders in newborns.
- is expected to grow at the fastest Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) during the forecast period. The United Kingdom accounted for the largest share in the region in 2021. This is attributable to the growth in prevalence in this region, propelled by the enormous newborn pool, enlarged screening rate, and increasing awareness concerning early diagnosis during the forecast period.
The growing prevalence of newborn disorders is anticipated to augment the growth of the Newborn Screening Market in the future. Newborn diseases have increased recently, causing providers to elevate awareness and support the demand for advanced screening instruments. Hearing, metabolic and hormonal disorders, and critical congenital heart disease are some central newborn conditions; most are treatable if diagnosed early. According to the US CDC, the prevalence of newborn disorders was 34 per 10 thousand live births in the US. Approximately 13 thousand infants are anticipated to be recognized each year with a disorder.
Furthermore, according to the same source, the most prevalent disorders are hearing loss (16.5 per 10,000), congenital hypothyroidism (6.0 per 10,000), sickle-cell disease (4.9 per 10,000), and cystic fibrosis (1.8 per 10,000). Congenital cardiac disease affects 9 out of every 1,000 newborns, according to the Indian Pediatric Academy. More than 200,000 kids are born every year with congenital cardiac disease. According to BabysFirstTest.org, an organization supported by the US Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), critical congenital heart disease is anticipated to be estimated as two out of every 1,000 babies born each year in the US.
Moreover, government and commercial sector activities and advancements in new technologies are driving the worldwide market forward. Meanwhile, a lack of apprehension among parents regarding neonatal screening, a shortage of experienced experts, and the inaccuracy of some analyses are all crucial provocations that could hinder the worldwide market's growth.
held the most significant shares in 2021. The US welcomed the largest share in North America for the Newborn Screening Market. This is attributable to the growing prevalence of neonatal disorders and a rising disposable income with the need for hospitalization for patients in the region. The evolution in healthcare for the infrastructure of hospitals and high-tech equipment in hospitals is also expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
The Newborn Screening Market is segmented as follows:
- Hearing Screening Instruments
- Pulse Oximeters
- Dry Blood Spot Tests
- Hearing Screening Test
- CCHD Screening Test
- Immune Assays & Enzymatic Assays
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Molecular Assays
- Hearing Screening Technologies
- Pulse Oximetry
- Other Technologies
- Clinical Laboratories
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Browse market data Tables and Figures
Pages and in-depth TOC on "Newborn Screening Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Consumables, Instruments, Hearing Screening Instruments, Pulse Oximeters), by Test (Dry Blood Spot Tests, Hearing Screening Test, CCHD Screening Test), by Technology (Immune Assays & Enzymatic Assays, Tandem Mass Spectrometry, Molecular Assays, Hearing Screening Technologies), by End User (Clinical Laboratories, Hospitals), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America) - Global Industry Assessment (2016 - 2021) & Forecast (2022 - 2028)"
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Vantage Market Research is a reputed company committed to providing high quality data and market research services. The company provides quantified B2B high quality research on more than 20,000 emerging markets. The company offers detailed reports on multiple industries including chemical materials and energy, food and beverages, healthcare, technology, etc. The company comprises over 125 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,100 market research reports to its vast database every year. The company’s clientele base spans across 70% of the Global Fortune 500 companies.