Orphan Drugs Market
Orphan Drugs Market Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Disease Type Oncologic Diseases, Metabolic Diseases, Hematologic & Immunologic Diseases, Infectious Diseases, Neurologic Diseases, Other Rare Diseases
- By Indication Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Cystic Fibrosis, Glioma, Pancreatic Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Multiple Myeloma, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Graft vs Host Disease, Renal Cell Carcinoma, Others
|Forecast Years:||2021 - 2028|
|Historical Years:||2016 - 2020|
|Revenue 2021:||112.36 Billion|
|Revenue 2028:||3199.3 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2021 - 2028):||7.4|
|Fastest Growing Region (2022 - 2028)||North America|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
The global Orphan Drugs market was valued at USD 112.36 Billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 3199.3 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2021 to 2028.
|Historical Data (Actual Data)||2016-2020|
|Base Year Data||2020|
|Current Year Date||2021|
|Projected year data||2021-2026|
|Annual Market Size (2028)||3199.3 Billion|
|Annual Market Size (2021)|
|CAGR (2021 - 2028)||7.4%|
Definition and Overview
An orphan drug is a pharmaceutical agent developed to treat medical conditions which, because they are so rare, would not be profitable to produce without government assistance. The conditions are referred to as orphan diseases.
The global Orphan Drugs market report provides exhaustive analysis on segments, regions/countries, companies, and such several strategic marketing tools such as Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Pricing Analysis, SWOT Analysis, PESTLE Analysis, Player Positioning Analysis, Downstream Buyers, List of distributors, and Value Chain Analysis among others. The report covers market size and estimations for each segment/region/country for the years 2016–2028. It provides a detailed study on various product types and their applications in different industry verticals at the global/regional/country level. Moreover, the report includes a thorough analysis on competitive landscape comprising of extensive company profiles based on various parameters such as company overview, market revenue, business, product portfolio, and marketing strategies among others.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020 compelled governments across the world to take severe actions like border seals, lockdown, and implementing strict social distancing measures, in order to restrict swift spread of COVID-19. However, these actions had a drastic impact on the global economy, as the companies across the globe were forced to either close or partially closed their operations, leading to supply chain disruptions and impairing of various industries. Moreover, in 2021 several key markets such as U.S., India, and Brazil among other witnessed second wave of COVID-19 that further disrupted the market. However, it is expected that reopening of trade activities, the market will witness steady growth in demand in the coming years. The impact of COVID-19 on the market demand is considered while estimating the current and forecast market size and growth trends for all the regions and countries.
The report provides a completely separate chapter for COVID-19 Impact Analysis. This chapter includes:
o Impact Assessment of COVID-19 Pandemic
o Pre & Post COVID-19 Market Size
o Qualitative analysis on the short term & long-term impact of COVID-19 on the market
o The analysis provides foremost strategies adopted by competitors to minimize the impact of the pandemic on their business activities and scope for future developments.
Global Orphan Drugs Market Report Scope
|Market Size Provided for Years||2016-2028|
|Market Size Provided In Terms Of||Revenue & Volume|
|Segments Covered||Disease Type, Indication|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa|
|Countries Covered||The U.S., Canada, Mexico, U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, China, India, Japan, South Korea, South East Asia, Brazil, Argentina, GCC Countries, and South Africa, among others|
|Companies Covered||RegeneRX Biopharmaceuticals Inc., F.Hoffman-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc., Shire PLC, AbbVie Inc., Alexion, Bayer, Celgene Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Sanofi, Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc., Amryt Pharma PLC, Brisol-Myers Squibb Company.|
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
The report delivers an acute breakdown of the market based on various segments such as Disease Type, Indication and region. This study comprises the market size in terms of revenue for each segment at the global/regional/country level along with a detailed analysis of growth prospects, challenges, and opportunities.
On the basis of Disease Type, the market is divided into Oncologic Diseases, Metabolic Diseases, Hematologic & Immunologic Diseases, Infectious Diseases, Neurologic Diseases, Other Rare Diseases. oncologic is expected to dominate the market and is projected to grow at a noteworthy CAGR within the forecast period.
Based on Indication, the market is divided into Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Cystic Fibrosis, Glioma, Pancreatic Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Multiple Myeloma, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Graft vs Host Disease, Renal Cell Carcinoma, Others. attributed to the highest market share and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
Global Orphan Drugs Market: Disease Type Segment Analysis
- Oncologic Diseases
- Metabolic Diseases
- Hematologic & Immunologic Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurologic Diseases
- Other Rare Diseases
Global Orphan Drugs Market: Indication Segment Analysis
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Graft vs Host Disease
- Renal Cell Carcinoma
Regional Analysis: Preview
Geographically, the global Orphan Drugs market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East & Africa. The report further segments the regional study into key country-level markets from each region. The regional analysis section provides extensive analysis on various factors impacting market growth such as economies, industry competition, technological advancements, import-export ratio, and raw material availability among others. Moreover, the same section will provide your detailed qualitative as well as quantitative analysis for each region country comprising of market size and estimations for each region/country. Some of the prominent country-level markets are U.S., China, Germany, France, India, and Japan. North America is anticipated to dominate the global market during upcoming years.
Market Size, 2021 (USD Billion)
Global Orphan Drugs Market: Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Major players in the global Orphan Drugs market are RegeneRX Biopharmaceuticals Inc., F.Hoffman-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc., Shire PLC, AbbVie Inc., Alexion, Bayer, Celgene Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Sanofi, Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc., Amryt Pharma PLC, Brisol-Myers Squibb Company.. The global Orphan Drugs market report analyzes competitive scenario in detail that includes extensive information on all key players based on business overview, product portfolio, marketing strategies, recent developments, financial performance, and geographical presence among others. In addition to that, the report also covers company market share for the year 2020 along with in depth strategic developments.
Global Orphan Drugs Market: Key Highlights
- The global Orphan Drugs market was valued at USD 112.36 Billion in 2020.
- The global Orphan Drugs Market is projected to reach USD 3199.3 Billion by 2028
- Surge in occurrence of rare diseases, increase in awareness with respect to rare diseases, and rise in investment in R&D & drug development is fueling the market growth
- North America held the highest share of the Orphan Drugs market in 2020.
- Some of the major companies operating in the Orphan Drugs market are RegeneRX Biopharmaceuticals Inc., F.Hoffman-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc., Shire PLC, AbbVie Inc., Alexion, Bayer, Celgene Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Sanofi, Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc., Amryt Pharma PLC, Brisol-Myers Squibb Company..
- Pharmaceutical companies are not keen on investing in R&D to develop medicines for rare diseases as it won’t help the company from a business perspective. The target market for such medicines will be very small. As a result, companies won’t be able to recover their costs. Hence these drugs are called Orphan Drugs..
Frequently Asked Question
The global Orphan Drugs valued at 112.36 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach 3199.3 Billion in 2028 growing at a CAGR of 7.4%.
The prominent players in the market are RegeneRX Biopharmaceuticals Inc., F.Hoffman-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc., Shire PLC, AbbVie Inc., Alexion, Bayer, Celgene Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Sanofi, Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc., Amryt Pharma PLC, Brisol-Myers Squibb Company..
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% between 2021 and 2028.
The driving factors of the Orphan Drugs include
- Demand has increased substantial for the orphan drugs due to surge in occurrence of rare diseases. Furthermore, the increase in awareness with respect to rare diseases among the populace, rise in investment in R&D, and drug development is fueling the market growth.
- Rising healthcare spending nd improving healthcare infrastrcture is another driving factor for the market.
North America was the leading regional segment of the Orphan Drugs in 2020.