Plastic to Fuel Market
Plastic to Fuel Market - Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Source Municipal Solid Waste (MSW), Industrial, Other Sources
- By Depolymerization Thermal Degradation, Catalytic Degradation
- By Fuel Type Solid, Liquid, Gaseous
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2021 - 2028|
|Historical Years:||2016 - 2020|
|Revenue 2021:||USD 235.2 Million|
|Revenue 2028:||USD 1088.9 Million|
|Revenue CAGR (2021 - 2028):||29.1%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2021 - 2028)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2021):||Asia Pacific|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
Global Plastic to Fuel Market is valued at USD 235.2 Million in 2021 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1088.9 Million by 2028 at a CAGR of 29.1% over the forecast period.
The global crude oil price is forecast to rise in 2023, reaching $92 per barrel. The price increase is because China and India are buying more, which will lead to more production. Production growth in the United States and Canada will also contribute to the increase. Alternative fuels, such as those made from plastic, became increasingly appealing as a result of this development. At the same time, there was a rising awareness of the influence that the use of fossil fuels had on the surrounding ecosystem. This led to even stricter limits on pollution, which made it much harder and more expensive for businesses to follow the rules. On the other hand, changes in technology have made it possible to turn plastic into fuel in a way that is both faster and cheaper. In the past few years, this factor has helped the market for plastic fuel grow quickly. The Plastic to Fuel sector is not an exception to the rule when it comes to the importance of growth elements to a company's overall performance. In the years to come, the performance of this market will be driven in large part by a variety of growth factors, such as those listed here. One of the most important reasons for this growth is that the amount of waste plastic that is made every year keeps going up. It is anticipated that by the year 2050, there will be more plastic in the oceans than there will be fish; hence, this is a significant issue that requires attention. Plastics produced globally in 2022 are expected to reach 1.5 billion metric tons, according to a new report by Global Industry Analysts (GIA). China will account for the largest share of plastics produced in 2022 with 455 million metric tons, followed by the United States and Europe. Asia Pacific will see the highest growth rate at 7% over the next five years. The increase in production will result in a corresponding rise in plastic waste generation, which is estimated to reach 9.2 billion metric tons by the end of 2022. This increase in production is due to a variety of factors such as the growing demand for single-use plastics, the low cost of production, and the availability of raw materials. Petroleum refiners are the largest players in the global market for Plastic to Fuel. They account for more than two-thirds of total sales volume.
The good news is that several companies are working on ways to transform this waste plastic into gasoline, and this is going to be a significant growth sector in the years to come. Another significant growing factor is the rising price of oil. As oil prices continue to climb, so does the cost of traditional fuels like petrol and diesel. This makes alternative fuels like biodiesel and synthetic diesel increasingly attractive solutions, and we are expected to see significant demand for these products in the future years. Finally, it is worth noting that many governments are now starting to take action on climate change, and this is likely to drive additional growth in the market for alternative fuels like biodiesel and synthetic diesel. With more and more countries committed to lowering their carbon emissions, we should expect to see increased demand for these types of fuels in the years ahead. The Global Plastic to Fuel Market is restricted by the lack of knowledge among people about this technology. Also, setting up a factory costs a lot of money at first, which is another important limitation. The cost of feedstock and transportation is likewise very high.
Plastic to Fuel Market Size, 2021 To 2028 (USD Million)
Influence On Other Sectors
As more people become aware of the positive effects that this technology has on the environment, the market for plastic that can be converted into fuel is expanding at a rapid rate. Because it offers an alternative to the fuels that have been used traditionally and because it contributes to the reduction of waste, this industry is also having a good effect on other industries. Since the manufacturing of plastics is one of the main consumers of products derived from petroleum, the cost of plastic tends to increase in tandem with the price of oil. The market for converting plastic into fuel offers an alternative to conventional fossil fuels and has the potential to contribute to cost reductions in the manufacture of plastic. In addition, the manufacturing of fuel made from recycled plastics can assist minimize the costs associated with trash disposal and landfills. The expansion of the market for plastics that may be converted into gasoline is having a beneficial effect on many different industries, including the transportation sector. As the price of fuel continues to climb, many businesses are seeking ways to lower their overall running costs. These expenses may be reduced through the utilization of recycled plastics in the production of gasoline, which also has positive effects on the surrounding environment, which is an added benefit.
Top Market Trends
- Increasing Demand for Recycled Plastic: As awareness of the environmental impacts of plastic pollution grows, so does the demand for recycled plastic. This is good news for the Plastic to Fuel Market, as it provides a valuable source of feedstock for fuel production.
- New Waste-To-Energy Technologies: There have been some exciting advancements in waste-to-energy technologies in recent years, and the Plastic to Fuel Market is poised to benefit from this trend. These new technologies offer more efficient and environmentally friendly ways to convert waste into energy, making them an increasingly attractive option for municipalities and businesses alike.
- Growing Interest in Renewable Fuels: As concern over climate change and fossil fuel depletion mounts, there is growing interest in renewable fuels like those produced by the Plastic to Fuel Market. This interest is translating into increased investment and development activity in the sector, which is helping to drive market growth.
- Government Support for Renewables: Governments around the world are beginning to recognize the potential of renewable fuels like those produced by the Plastic to Fuel Market. This is leading to increased government support for the sector through policies and programs designed to promote its development.
- Another trend that is gaining traction in the market is the growing preference for bio-based plastics. These plastics are made from renewable resources and are biodegradable, which makes them environmentally friendly. Bio-based plastics are expected to witness significant growth in the coming years owing to the stringent government regulations regarding environmental protection.
The Global Plastic to Fuel Market is segmented by Source, Depolymerization, Fuel Type, and Region. Based on Source, the market is segmented into Municipal Solid Waste (MSW), Industrial, and Other Sources. Based on Depolymerization, the market is segmented into Thermal Degradation and Catalytic Degradation. Based on Fuel Type, the market is segmented into Solid, Liquid, and Gaseous. Based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Source
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% from 2022 to 2028. This is mainly due to the increasing population and their inclination towards using plastic products. The industrial segment is expected to be the largest consumer of MSW in 2022, followed by the construction and demolition sectors. The increase in the production of plastic products is also contributing to the growth of this market segment. The municipal solid waste (MSW) market has been estimated to be worth USD 1,273 billion by 2028. The industrial market is expected to grow at a slower rate than municipal solid waste (MSW) and other markets due to high capital requirements and stringent regulations in this sector. The industrial market is also fragmented into a large number of subsegments, which makes it difficult to forecast the market size accurately. Other sources of plastic waste include agriculture, fishing, and forestry. Agriculture is a major source of plastic pollution due to the use of plastic products in farming, such as plastic mulch and irrigation tubing. Fishing nets and other plastic fishing gear are also major sources of marine plastic pollution. The growth of the other sources will be lower due to their smaller volumes and slower growth rates.
Based on Depolymerization
The market is projected to be dominated by thermal degradation processes followed by catalytic degradation processes. Thermal degradation processes are estimated to account for a larger share of the global market due to their high efficiency and low environmental impact.
Based on Fuel Type
The market size for solid fuels is expected to be highest in 2022 and 2024, with market growth rates of 6.6% and 7.2%, respectively. The market size for liquid fuels is expected to be highest in 2026, with a growth rate of 7.5%. The market size for gaseous fuels is expected to be the highest in 2028, with a growth rate of 9%.
Based on Region
North America and Europe are expected to be the leading contributors to the market due to the presence of well-developed industries in the regions. In addition, government initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions are also playing a key role in driving market growth in these regions. The U.S. and Canada are the major countries in North America while Germany, France, and the U.K. are the key countries in Europe. The Asia Pacific is another key region for the Plastic to Fuel Market owing to the growing demand for clean energy sources in the region. China and India are two of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific and are expected to provide significant opportunities for market growth over the forecast period. Latin America is another important market for Plastic to Fuel due to the presence of a large number of oil & gas companies in this region. Brazil and Mexico are two of the major countries in Latin America. The Middle East & Africa is also expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to rising environmental concerns and increasing government support for clean energy projects.
The key players in the Global Plastic to Fuel Market include- Vadxx (US), Nexus Fuel LLC (US), Klean Industries (Canada), POLCYL, Plastic2Oil Inc. (US), CbS Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (India), Neste (Finland) and others.
- The government is instrumental in driving the growth of the Plastic to Fuel Market. In 2020, China is set to become the world’s top producer of recycled plastic. The country has also mandated that all-electric vehicles must use recycled plastics by 2022. Additionally, Japan has been actively promoting the use of recycled plastics in various industrial applications. For instance, it has mandated that 100% of new car sales by 2030 will be electric and must include at least 5% recycled plastics.
- In 2021, the Trump administration released a set of proposed regulations that would encourage the use of Plastic to Fuel cars and trucks. The proposed regulations would require companies to use more recycled plastic in their products, and they would increase the number of tax credits available for companies that produce vehicles using alternative fuels.
- In Europe, the European Commission has proposed a ban on single-use plastic products such as straws, cotton swabs, and cutlery. The Commission is also working on regulations to increase the recycling of plastic packaging.
- Various companies are also working on developing technology to recycle plastics into fuel. One example is Recycloset, which has developed a machine that converts used clothes into oil that can be used to power vehicles.
- Green Manufacturer: This company has developed a process that can convert all types of plastic into high-quality fuel oil. They have already built a pilot plant and are now working on commercializing their technology.
- Recycling Technologies: This UK-based company has created a machine that can recycle mixed plastics into synthetic crude oil. They are currently working with many businesses to help them implement this technology and reduce their reliance on fossil fuels.
- Carbon Recycling International: This Icelandic company is using carbon dioxide emissions from power plants to produce methanol, which can be used as a gasoline alternative or as a chemical feedstock. They have already built a demonstration plant and are now working towards commercialization.
- Another major advancement has been in the area of financing. More companies and investors are recognizing the potential of Plastic to Fuel projects and are providing the capital necessary to get these projects off the ground.
- Finally, there has been an increase in public awareness of Plastic to Fuel initiatives. As more people learn about the benefits of these projects, support for them is growing. This is translating into more political will to invest in these types of initiatives, which is helping to drive even more progress.
Segmentation of the Global Plastic to Fuel Market
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
What is the global demand for Plastic to Fuel in terms of revenue?
The global Plastic to Fuel valued at in 2020 and is expected to reach in 2028 growing at a CAGR of 29.1%.
Which are the prominent players in the market?
The prominent players in the market are Vadxx (US), Nexus Fuel LLC (US), Klean Industries (Canada), POLCYL, Plastic2Oil Inc. (US), CbS Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (India), Neste (Finland).
At what CAGR is the market projected to grow within the forecast period?
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 29.1% between 2021 and 2028.
What are the driving factors fueling the growth of the market.
The driving factors of the Plastic to Fuel include
- Rising concerns towards GHG emission from fuel making sector
Which region accounted for the largest share in the market?
Asia Pacific was the leading regional segment of the Plastic to Fuel in 2020.