Phosphine Fumigation Market: By Type, Application, Form, and Region
Global Phosphine Fumigation Market is valued at USD 683.40 Million in 2022 and estimated to reach a value of USD 1033.00 Million by 2030 at a CAGR of 5.30% during the forecast period, 2022–2028. Fumigation with phosphine is an effective, rapid and economic treatment for all commodities, whether they are in bulk storage or containerized. It is the method of choice for elimination of live insects without causing damage to foodstuffs or their packaging. Phosphine Fumigation has the advantages that it rapidly produces high concentrations (> 100 ppm) of phosphine in most commercial premises which kills insect pests very quickly (within 30 minutes).
Phosphine Fumigation Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
Why Demand for Phosphine Fumigation is Increasing?
Phosphine gas is used worldwide in the grain and food industry. The increased use of Phosphine Fumigation has been driven by:
· Growing problems with resistance of stored product insects to traditional insecticides and high market value of grains and foods.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
· Regulatory treatments for pest free areas where no processing equipment is available and canning or heat treatment cannot be applied.
· A new generation of products that provide higher levels of safety than traditional formulations, such as aluminum phosphide (AlP) tablets that do not require specialist handling, equipment or knowledge for safe application.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Growing Application of Phosphine Fumigation in Warehouse to Drive Market Growth
Phosphine Fumigation has been gaining widespread popularity as an efficient, safe, and cost-effective alternative to methyl bromide in warehouse disinfection. Even though phosphine is not completely free of environmental concerns, it is still much better than other alternatives for commodity protection. It has the ability to kill any stage of insect life at very low dosage rates which makes it highly effective and economical. In warehouses, the majority of food commodities are fumigated in large palletized loads (2,000 to 10,000 lbs). Often these products are stacked on top of one another and the accumulated heat generated by the chemical reaction elevates the internal temperature to lethal levels.
North America to Dominate Phosphine Fumigation Market
North America is the leading consumer of Phosphine Fumigation . Wherein, the US is holding major share of the regional market. The use of Phosphine Fumigation to protect stored grains against the infestation of insect pests has become very common in many countries in the region. For many years, wheat and other cereal grains have been protected by gas treatments before transfer into storage facilities. However, global food security is threatened by various factors during this process. Different species of insects are capable of developing resistance to any type of treatment. The frequent use of Phosphine Fumigation increases the risk that resistant populations emerge. For these reasons, alternatives are being sought continuously for controlling different groups of stored-product insects.
Phosphine is still the only gaseous fumigant available worldwide for treating stored products, but it presents significant drawbacks because its toxicity can affect humans and animals at high levels. These drawbacks can limit the application of Phosphine Fumigation to some extent in the region.
United Phosphorus Ltd. (U.S.), Cytec Solvay Group (U.S.), Degesch America, Inc. (U.S)., Nufarm Limited (Australia), Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (Israel), Agrosynth chemicals limited (India), Excel Crop Care Limited (India), Nippon chemical industrial Co. Ltd. (Japan), Royal agro organic Pvt. Ltd. (India), and National Fumigant (South Africa) are some of the key players in the Phosphine Fumigation Market.
Phosphine Fumigation Market is segmented as follows:
- Type (Aluminum phosphide, Magnesium phosphide, Calcium phosphide, Others)
- Application (Stored processed food, Raw agricultural commodities, Warehouses, Others)
- Form (Liquid, Solid)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- United Phosphorus Ltd. (U.S.)
- Cytec Solvay Group (U.S.)
- Degesch America Inc. (U.S).
- Nufarm Limited (Australia)
- Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (Israel)
- Agrosynth chemicals limited (India)
- Excel Crop Care Limited (India)
- Nippon chemical industrial Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Royal agro organic Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- and National Fumigant (South Africa)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options
Phosphine Fumigation Market is tabulated as follows: