The global Pest Control Market is valued at USD 22.9 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 33.3 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.5% between 2023 and 2030.
The pest management industry is expanding significantly as people become more aware of the health dangers posed by numerous pests like mice, mosquitoes, and cockroaches. Pest management services are in high demand as a result of consumer concern over the development of diseases, including dengue, malaria, and the Zika virus. The expansion of the hospitality and food industries, along with rising urbanization, has increased pest infestation rates, which has increased the need for Pest Control services.
Pest Control Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The COVID-19 epidemic has had a favorable effect on the pest management industry as well, as demand for sanitation and disinfection services has increased dramatically. Strict sanitary regulations have been put in place in public places, including restaurants, hotels, and hospitals.
Additionally, improvements and innovations in Pest Control methods and goods are being seen in the market for Pest Control. The use of natural pest repellents and biological Pest Control, as well as other environmentally benign and sustainable Pest Control techniques, is gaining popularity. Additionally, the usage of smart technology for Pest Control services, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), is growing in popularity.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The need for safe and efficient pest management services will increase as customers become more health-conscious and aware of the threats posed by pests. The Pest Control industry is anticipated to increase steadily in the upcoming years due to the introduction of new technology and environmentally friendly Pest Control techniques.
The Russia-Ukraine conflict has hurt global financial markets. Fighting has disrupted global supply networks, raising food and gas prices and worrying many people about the future. These anxieties raised prices, slowing economic activity. This conflict has devastated Europe due to its energy dependence on Russia. Russia has struggled to sell oil due to EU sanctions. Energy price hikes have decreased consumer spending, raising European inflation.
The global Pest Control market can be categorized on the following: Type of Pest, Method of Pest Control, Application, End-User, and Region. Based on Type of Pest, the market can be categorized into Insects, Rodents, Birds, and Other Pests. Additionally, based on Methods of Pest Control, the market can be split between Chemical Pest Control, Mechanical Pest Control, Biological Pest Control, and Other Methods (Physical Control, Cultural Control). In addition, based on Application, the market can be divided into Residential, Commercial, Agriculture, Industrial, and Others (Government, Public Health). In addition, based on End-User, the market can be categorized as Pest Control Service Providers, DIY Pest Control Products, and Others (Property Management Companies, Landlords, Tenants). Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type of Pest
The Insect Category is the Most Prevalent one in this Group
The type of pest being handled determines the market segmentation for Pest Control. The insect category is the most prevalent one in this group. The most frequent pests that penetrate houses and other buildings are insects, which can seriously harm property and pose health risks. Termites, ants, bedbugs, mosquitoes, cockroaches, and flies are subcategories of the insect category. The most expensive insect pests, termites, cost billions of dollars in damage annually. In addition to these major pests, ants, bedbugs, mosquitoes, cockroaches, and flies also need to be controlled well. Rodents, birds, and weeds are some additional pests that cost money and call for pest management techniques.
Based on the Method of Pest Control
Chemical Pest Control is the Most Effective Way of Controlling Pests, as it Can Quickly Terminate Pest Infestations.
The chemical pest management approach is the most common category in this market. The most efficient kind of pest management is chemical, as it may swiftly end pest infestations. Chemical techniques are used to get rid of pests, lower their numbers, stop them from spreading, and prevent further infestations. Biological control, mechanical control, and cultural control are other pest management strategies. Biological control refers to the use of pests' natural predators to suppress pest populations. While cultural control involves modifying the environment to minimize pest growth and spread, mechanical control uses physical ways to eradicate and prevent pests.
Based on Application
The Home Use of Pest Management is the Major Category Within this Niche
Based on the use, the Pest Control Market is divided into different categories. The home use of pest management is the major category within this niche. Pest issues in houses, flats, and other residential settings are addressed via residential pest treatment. Termite control, bed bug control, ant control, and cockroach control are just a few of the pest management services that Pest Control businesses provide. Another important application area is commercial pest management, where services are offered to enterprises, industries, and other commercial establishments. Industrial pest management, which helps businesses in the manufacturing and other sectors, and agricultural Pest Control, which safeguards crops from pests, are other application segments.
Based on End-User
Providers of Pest Control Services Make Up the Majority of this Segment
The Pest Control Market is divided into end-user segments, which include homes, government agencies, and Pest Control service providers. Providers of Pest Control services are the most prevalent category in this market. Orkin, Terminix, Rentokil, Massey Services, and Rollins are the five biggest companies that govern the Pest Control Market in the US. Both residential and commercial clients can get Pest Control services from these businesses. Government agencies also compete in the pest management industry to prevent the spread of diseases that pests carry. As they try to keep their homes and families safe from pests, homeowners are another significant end-user of the pest management business. To keep bugs at bay, homeowners utilize natural remedies, DIY Pest Control solutions, or professional Pest Control services.
Based on Region
North America to Lead Global Sales Owing to the Rise in Pest Infestations, Including Bed Bugs, Mosquitoes, and Termites
North America holds more than 30% share of the worldwide Pest Control industry, making it the largest region. The rise in pest infestations, including bed bugs, mosquitoes, and termites, is blamed for the market expansion in this area. Residential and commercial Pest Control services are in more demand as a result of increased international travel and rising hygiene awareness. Furthermore, the government has implemented a number of severe laws on Pest Control due to concerns about public health and cleanliness. The Pest Control industry has expanded in the North American region as a result.
Additionally, businesses are concentrating on making less damaging products as a result of the rise in demand for non-toxic, eco-friendly Pest Control solutions. The use of chemical pesticides has decreased as a result of the implementation of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques. In North America, using green Pest Control treatments has become increasingly popular, with most pest management businesses now offering sustainable and eco-friendly alternatives.
Due to its rigorous restrictions and strict enforcement of consumer safety rules, the United States dominated the North American Pest Control Market in 2020. The adoption of non-toxic chemicals, the usage of technology-driven instruments, and enhanced pest management methods have all contributed to the market's expansion in this area. The demand for pest management services in North America has also been boosted by the growing recognition of the significance of Pest Control and the rise in urbanization.
In conclusion, the rise in pest infestations, governmental regulations, and growing awareness of public health and hygiene is expected to drive the North American Pest Control Market's growth trajectory in the years to come.
Top Market Trends
- Advancement in Pest Control Technology and Equipment: The market for Pest Control is seeing a major trend toward the adoption of cutting-edge pest management technology. To create cutting-edge Pest Control tools and technologies, industry participants are spending on research and development projects. In the Pest Control industry, innovations like IoT sensors, predictive analytics, and drones are becoming more and more common. Professionals in Pest Control may identify pest entry points and follow their movement by using IoT sensors, and predictive analytics can help them anticipate outbreaks of pest infestation. In the field of Pest Control, the use of drones for aerial spraying and surveillance is growing. Modern Pest Control tools and technology improve operations' effectiveness and efficiency while requiring fewer chemical-based products.
- Increase in Demand for Pest Control Services Due to Global Warming: Changes in weather patterns brought on by global warming are resulting in an increase in pest breeding and habitat. The trend of outsourcing Pest Control services is being driven by shifting weather patterns. Due to the rise in insect infestations brought on by global warming, Pest Control companies are experiencing an increase in demand for their services. Due to the increasing awareness of the negative impacts of pest infestations among people and businesses, it is anticipated that this trend will continue in the future. The increasing need for Pest Control services presents market players with a great chance to provide a variety of Pest Control services that meet various client needs.
Numerous international and regional actors compete fiercely on the global market. Major corporations engage in strategic alliances, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to acquire a market advantage. In addition, manufacturers concentrate on capacity expansions and R&D for new product development to offer consumers products that are on trend. FMC Corporation sued Aceto US, LLC for patent infringement in the United States in May 2022.
The key players in the global Pest Control market include - Bayer CropScience (Germany), Syngenta AG (Switzerland), BASF SE (Germany), Bell Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), Corteva Agriscience (U.S.), Rentokil Initial PLC (UK), Anticimex (Sweden), Ecolab Inc. (U.S.), Sunitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan), Rollins Inc. (U.S.), The Terminix International Company (U.S.), FMC Corporation (U.S.), ADAMA (Israel), RATSENSE (Singapore), PelGar International (UK), Adam's Pest Control (U.S.), Woodstream Corporation (U.S.), JT Eaton & Co. Inc. (U.S.), V3 Smart Technologies (Malaysia) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- June 2022: JG Pest Control: Managing Houseflies, a Common Summer Pest.
- May 2022: Syngenta Seedcare launches VICTRATO, a novel seed treatment that targets damaging nematodes and diseases in many crops.
- March 2022: Nelvium, a pheromone-based solution, is introduced by Provivi and Syngenta Crop Protection to manage harmful rice pests.
Segmentation of the Global Pest Control Market
- Pest Type (Insects, Rodents, Birds, Other Pests)
- Control Method (Chemical, Biological, Mechanical, Other Controls)
- Mode of Application (Residential, Commercial, Agriculture, Industrial, Others)
- End-User (Pest Control Service Provider, DIY Pest Control Product, Other Modes of Application)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Bayer CropScience (Germany)
- Syngenta AG (Switzerland)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Bell Laboratories Inc. (U.S.)
- Corteva Agriscience (U.S.)
- Rentokil Initial PLC (UK)
- Anticimex (Sweden)
- Ecolab Inc. (U.S.)
- Sunitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Rollins Inc. (U.S.)
- The Terminix International Company (U.S.)
- FMC Corporation (U.S.)
- ADAMA (Israel)
- RATSENSE (Singapore)
- PelGar International (UK)
- Adam's Pest Control (U.S.)
- Woodstream Corporation (U.S.)
- JT Eaton & Co. Inc. (U.S.)
- V3 Smart Technologies (Malaysia)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options