The global Food Glazing Agents Market is valued at USD 3.82 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 7.28 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 8.5% between 2023 and 2030.
The market for is primarily being driven by the expansion of the food additives sector and rising processed food consumption. The rising desire for vegan and organic foods, which is also predicted to increase demand for food additives is one of key factor for market expansion. Additionally, the rising demand for processed and convenience foods, such as ready-to-eat foods, ready-to-drink drinks, snacks, and frozen dinners is what driving the market. For instance, Emulsifiers are crucial components of many low-fat processed meals because they create emulsions by joining water and oil.
Food Glazing Agents Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Increasing consumption of bakery and confectionery goods and rising consumer awareness of various foods have a substantial impact on the market for .
- North America generated more than 37.8% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Carnauba Wax segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 34.9% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Coating agents segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 35.2% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Functional foods segment accounts for largest revenue of 33.2% in 2022
The market for has been expanding significantly. The rising popularity of convenience foods, which currently make up around 35% of the market for . Furthermore, a noticeable shift is being driven by the rising demand for organic and natural food products, with natural-source based glazing agents accounting for about 40% of the market. A substantial increase is also being seen in the market for processed meat, poultry, and fish, which accounts for 15% of the entire market value. Additionally, food glazing agents are still used by the bakery and confectionery industry, which makes up around 10% of the market, to extend product shelf life and improve aesthetics.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing demand for convenience foods: Busy lifestyles and a growing taste for ready-to-eat foods, convenience foods are becoming more and more popular. Food glazing agents are employed to increase the shelf life of certain foods and their consumer appeal.
- Growing demand for organic and natural food products: The advantages of natural and organic food items for health are being recognized by consumers more and more.
- Plant-Based Glazing Agents: There is a rising need for food glazing agents free of substances derived from animals due to the popularity of vegan and plant-based diets. Vegetable waxes and plant gums are two examples of growing plant-based substitutes.
- Health and Wellness Focus: Food producers are reacting to consumers' growing health consciousness by creating glazing agents with practical advantages. These might consist of low-fat, sugar-free, or antioxidant-rich alternatives.
- Sustainable Packaging: A significant trend in the food sector is packaging that is eco-friendly and sustainable. Food glazing agents that help items stay fresher longer and use less food are in high demand.
The globel Food Glazing Agents market can be categorized into Type , Ingredient function , Application , Region. The Market can be categorized into Stearic Acid , Candelilla Wax , Carnauba Wax, Beeswax , Shellac , Others based on Type . The Market can be categorized into Coating agents, Surface finishing agents, Firming agents, Film agents , Others based on Ingredient function . The Market can be categorized into Bakery, Confectionery, Processed Meat, Poultry & Fish, Fruits & Vegetables, Functional Food, Others (Dairy Products & Convenience Foods) based on Application . The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia pacific , Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Carnauba Wax holds the largest share
The market is expected to be dominated by the carnauba wax segment due to its natural origin and exceptional qualities. This stiff, white wax is extremely durable, has a high melting point, and is heat- and moisture-resistant. Its widespread use in a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, bread goods, and confectionery, improves their texture, shelf life, and aesthetic appeal. The benefits of using carnauba wax as a food glazing agent include its natural, non-toxic makeup, capacity to provide a glossy finish, and suitability for raising the caliber of food products.
Based on Ingredient function
Coating agents will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the Coating agents segment due to the rising need for food glazing agents in numerous industries, including bakery goods, confectionery, and processed meat and poultry. Food products are given a protective coating with coating chemicals to stop moisture loss, increase shelf life, and enhance appearance. Additionally, they are employed to improve the flavor of food products and give them a glossy sheen.
Based on Application
Functional foods will account for largest market share
In terms of application, functional foods are anticipated to hold the greatest market share for due to the rising demand for foods with functional properties that boost immunity, strengthen the immune system, and promote gut health. Functional foods use food glazing agents to enhance their texture, shelf life, and appearance. They also aid in preventing oxidation and degradation of the nutrients included in functional foods.
Based on Region
North America will lead the market
North America is expected to dominate the market for due to the region's high demand for convenience meals, which is fueled by busy lives and a preference for ready-to-eat options. Additionally, the popularity of food glazing agents generated from natural sources has increased due to consumers' rising knowledge of the health benefits linked to organic and natural food products in North America. Additionally, the popularity of processed meat, poultry, and fish in North America, which are prized for their convenience and long shelf lives, has increased the use of food glazing agents to enhance the appearance and texture of the products.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players, Companies continue to focus on product innovation, expanding their product portfolios, and developing glazing agents that align with consumer demands for clean label and sustainable ingredients. Additionally, strategic mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships are shaping the market as companies seek to broaden their global reach and gain a competitive edge.
The players in the global market include British Wax Refining Company Ltd, Capol GmbH, Colorcon, Koster Keunen, Mantrose-Haeuser Co.Inc., Masterol Foods, Poth Hille & Co.Ltd., Puratos, Stearinerie Dubois, Strahl & Pitsch Inc among others.
Recent Market Developments
- 2022: An inventive anti-sticking ingredient for gummies was created by Capol GmbH. The recipe enables candy coatings made with rapeseed and sunflower oil to have an extended shelf life. These layer coatings provide things a desirable appearance and attractive shine while ensuring that they don't cling together or dry out too quickly.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Type (Stearic Acid , Candelilla Wax , Carnauba Wax, Beeswax , Shellac , Others)
- Ingredient function (Coating agents, Surface finishing agents, Firming agents, Film agents , Others )
- Application (Bakery, Confectionery, Processed Meat, Poultry & Fish, Fruits & Vegetables, Functional Food, Others (Dairy Products & Convenience Foods))
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia pacific , Latin America, Middle East & Africa )
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- British Wax Refining Company Ltd
- Capol GmbH
- Koster Keunen
- Mantrose-Haeuser Co.Inc.
- Masterol Foods
- Poth Hille & Co.Ltd.
- Stearinerie Dubois
- Strahl & Pitsch Inc
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options