The global Food Coating Market is valued at USD 3.3 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 4.99 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.12% between 2023 and 2030.
The market is being drive by many factors including consumers' willingness to spend more for coated food products that offer improved taste, texture, and aesthetic appeal. Consumers are increasingly looking for transparency in the sourcing of their ingredients and sustainable production methods, and this premiumization trend extends to organic and clean-label coatings. Furthermore, premium coatings frequently place an emphasis on nutrition and health, with a particular focus on functional coatings that lengthen the shelf life of products or add nutritional value.
Food Coating Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Government authorities' strict laws and restrictions regulating the substances used in clean-label coatings are impeding the market's expansion. For instance, the Delaney Clause has been used by the FDA and European Commission to prevent the use of synthetic colors as coatings in the food and beverage industry in the United States. However, these colors are still used in the European Union, where JECFA and the EFSA later concluded that their use is safe. Additionally, the market expansion is constrained by the high calorific values of several indulgent coating materials.
- Asia Pacific generated more than 40.90% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Flours segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 52.2% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Meat & seafood products segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 30.5% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Coaters & Applicators segment accounts for largest revenue of 58.2% in 2022
- Liquid segment lead the market with market share of 53.2% in 2022
- Automatic mode of operation account for largest market share of 65.5% in 2022
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The has grown significantly. This growth can be attributed to factors such as rising disposable incomes in emerging markets (which account for a 15% increase in market size), increased consumer demand for convenience foods, and a 10% increase in world population, which has fueled increased demand for processed and coated food products. Additionally, industry-wide investments in sustainable practices have reduced environmental effect by 20%, boosting the industry's economic viability. A 12% rise in the introduction of novel food coatings as a consequence of research and development activities has been made to meet the needs of customers with shifting dietary preferences and those who value their health.
Top Market Trends
- Rising demand for natural and healthy coatings: The demand for food products manufactured with natural and healthy ingredients among consumers is rising. Demand for natural food coatings, like those made with fruits, vegetables, and nuts, is also being driven.
- Growing popularity of plant-based foods: Food coatings are finding new markets as the acceptance of plant-based diets rises quickly. Food coatings can be used to enhance the flavor, texture, and appearance of meat and dairy alternatives made from plants.
- Increasing use of nanotechnology in food coatings: New food coatings with enhanced functionality are being created with the use of nanotechnology. Nanotechnology, for instance, can be employed to develop coatings with antimicrobial or moisture- and oxidation-resistant characteristics.
- Demand for functional food coatings: Functional food coatings are those that give the food product extra advantages, including increased shelf life, nutritional value, or sensory qualities. Functional food coatings can be applied to food to enhance flavor and texture, or to add vitamins and minerals.
- Sustainability and Eco-Friendly Packaging: The demand for eco-friendly and sustainable packaging for coated foods was being driven by consumers who were concerned about the environment. Eco-friendly coating materials and packaging choices were being investigated by manufacturers.
The globel Food Coating market can be categorized into Ingredient Type, Application , Equipment Type, Form, Mode of operation, Region. The Market can be categorized into Batter, Flours based on Ingredient Type. The Market can be categorized into Meat & seafood products, Bakery Cereals , Bakery Products , Confectionery Products, Snacks based on Application . The Market can be categorized into Coaters & Application, Enrobers based on Equipment Type. The Market can be categorized into Dry, Liquid based on Form. The Market can be categorized into Automatic, Semi-automatic based on Mode of operation. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Ingredient Type
Flour holds the largest share
The market for is expected to remain dominated by flour, a common constituent type due to its adaptability shines through in a variety of uses, such as bread crumbs, batter, and tempura, making it a practical and affordable option for food producers. Beyond their traditional usage, flours are also seeing a rise in functional applications that make it possible to fortify food with vital vitamins and minerals while also boosting the sensory experience overall by enhancing flavor and texture.
Based on Application
Meat & seafood products will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the Meat & seafood products application segment due to the rising consumer preference for prepared and convenient meat and seafood options, the expanding ready-to-eat meal market, the rising popularity of online grocery shopping, and the expanding use of food coatings to improve the sensory qualities of meat and seafood products, including taste, texture, and aesthetic appeal. Additionally, the rising demand for functional food coatings that can lengthen the shelf life and improve the nutritional profile of meat and seafood products.
Based on Equipment Type
Coaters & Applicators will account for largest market share
In terms of equipment type, Coaters & Applicators are anticipated to hold the greatest market share for . These involve giving food goods dry coatings like bread crumbs, batter, glazes, and marinades. Coaters and applicators offer equipment options in a range of sizes and capacities to accommodate a variety of food processors, from small-scale to large-scale businesses. Additionally, their growing sophistication, which includes upgrades that improve coating accuracy and operational efficiency, emphasizes their crucial function in the sector.
Based on Form
Liquid leads the market
Liquid coatings will dominate the market as liquid coatings is easier to apply and provide a seamless procedure. Additionally, liquid coatings offer greater levels of consistency and uniformity in coating, which is a desired quality in the sector. Their versatility is seen in their capacity to provide a wide variety of flavors and textures, transcending the constraints of dry coatings. Additionally, liquid coatings have a wider range of applications and can be used to cover a number of food products, further establishing their supremacy in the field of food coatings.
Based on Mode of Operation
Automatic mode of operation will account for largest share
The automatic mode of operation enables increased efficiency and production and frees up staff to refocus their energies on other crucial activities. Additionally, it improves accuracy and uniformity, reducing waste and raising the overall quality of finished goods. By automating the coating process, the automatic mode also translates into lower labor costs because labor-intensive operations are streamlined, giving employees the chance to focus on other crucial elements.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific will lead the market
Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market due to factors like rising consumer demand for ready-to-eat meals, processed and convenience food sales, the popularity of online grocery shopping, and widespread application of food coatings to improve flavor, texture, and appearance. Its strong position in this market segment is also aided by the area's quick urbanization, increased disposable incomes, and popularity of functional food coatings.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players, Continuous innovation in coating technologies, the development of clean-label and sustainable solutions, and strategic partnerships along the supply chain are prevalent strategies. Moreover, regulatory compliance and adherence to quality standards remain paramount in this sector, as consumer demand for healthier, tastier, and more sustainable food coatings continues to evolve.
The players in the global market include Cargill Incorporated (USA), Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (USA), Tate & Lyle plc (United Kingdom), Kerry Group plc (Ireland), Dohler GmbH (Germany), John Bean Technologies Corporation (USA), PGP International Inc. (USA), GEA Group AG (Germany), Bowman Inc. (USA), and Marel Inc., (Iceland) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- October 2022: In two categories, including Hard Compound Chocolate- Carat Cover Classic and Fat-based Filling- Carat Supercrem, Puratos India introduced colored and flavored compound and compound filling. The product, according to the manufacturer, is used to provide final products flavor and color without complicating the sourcing of ingredients.
- November 2022: Incredo sugar-based coatings were developed in partnership by Blommer Chocolate Co. and DouxMatok to cut sugar in a range of food processing procedures, including panning, enrobing, and molding. The new line of milk, dark, and white coatings, according to the companies, were made without the use of high-intensity sweeteners or polyols, and their sugar content has been reduced by up to 50% (sugar alcohols). The Chicago-based Blommer company claims that by using these ingredients, it can cut the amount of sugar in goods like nut butter cups, bars, and chocolate chip cookies by more than 40%.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Ingredient Type (Batter, Flours)
- Application (Meat & seafood products, Bakery Cereals , Bakery Products , Confectionery Products, Snacks)
- Equipment Type (Coaters & Application, Enrobers)
- Form (Dry, Liquid)
- Mode of operation (Automatic, Semi-automatic)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Cargill Incorporated (USA)
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (USA)
- Tate & Lyle plc (United Kingdom)
- Kerry Group plc (Ireland)
- Dohler GmbH (Germany)
- John Bean Technologies Corporation (USA)
- PGP International Inc. (USA)
- GEA Group AG (Germany)
- Bowman Inc. (USA)
- and Marel Inc.
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options