The global Food Antioxidants Market is valued at USD 1.32 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 2.13 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.15% between 2023 and 2030.
The market is growing due to the increased demand and consumption of processed food. Food antioxidants are widely used in the food industry as they enhance the shelf life of products like bakery, confectionery, and snacks. The use of antioxidants effectively restricts oxidation and prolongs the freshness of food items. For instance, the American Heart Association recommends a diet rich in antioxidants, found in fruits, vegetables, and other foods, to combat cardiovascular disease. Additionally, the US Agricultural Research Service suggests that a diet abundant in antioxidants, particularly those found in blueberries, strawberries, and spinach, may help prevent age-related brain function decline.
Food Antioxidants Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Consumers are increasingly prioritizing their health and seeking foods with natural ingredients and clean labels. This shift is particularly evident in the growing popularity of natural antioxidants obtained from fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Consumers are actively seeking out products that align with their desire for healthier choices, and they perceive natural antioxidants to have added health benefits.
- The Asia Pacific region generated more than 38.5% of revenue share in 2022.
- North America is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030.
- The Synthetic segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 55.5% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- The Dry segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 70.2% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- The Petroleum-Derived segment accounts for the largest market share in 2022.
- Prepared Meat and Poultry will dominate the market with a market share of 33.2% in 2022.
The global market is experiencing strong economic dynamics influenced by various factors. The increasing awareness of health and wellness worldwide, along with a growing preference for clean and natural products, is fueling the demand for foods with high antioxidant content. The market is also being expanded by economic growth and higher disposable incomes in emerging markets, as consumers in these regions seek premium and value-added food products. Additionally, the globalization of food supply chains and the rise of e-commerce platforms are making it easier for both established and emerging players to access the market and create new opportunities.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing demand for clean-label, healthy, and natural food products: The demand for food antioxidants is growing quickly due to consumers' rising preference for clean label, healthy, and natural food products. These natural ingredients play a crucial role in preserving the nutritional value and freshness of food products.
- The growing popularity of functional foods and beverages: Functional foods and beverages aim to offer more health advantages beyond essential nutrition by incorporating food antioxidants to amplify their health benefits.
- Rising awareness of the health benefits of food antioxidants: The awareness of the health advantages provided by food antioxidants is growing among consumers. Studies have proven that these compounds enhance the immune system, lessen the likelihood of chronic illnesses like cancer and heart disease, and promote overall health and well-being. Consequently, there is a rising demand for food antioxidants.
- Technological advancements in food processing: New and innovative food products that are rich in food antioxidants can now be created due to advancements in food processing technology. Preserving the antioxidant content of food products is now achievable through the use of new technologies like high-pressure processing and pulsed electric field processing.
The Global Market is categorized into the below-mentioned segments as:
The globel Food Antioxidants market can be categorized into Type, Form, Source, Application, Region. The Market can be categorized into Natural, Synthetic based on Type. The Market can be categorized into Dry, Liquid based on Form. The Market can be categorized into Fruits & Vegetables, Oils, Spices & Herbs, Botanical Extracts, Gallic Acid, Petroleum-Derived based on Source. The Market can be categorized into Fats & Oils, Prepared Foods, Prepared Meat & Poultry, Beverages, Seafood, Bakery & Confectionery, Plant-Based Alternatives, Nutraceuticals, Other Applications based on Application. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Synthetic Category Expected to Hold the Largest Share in the Forecast Period
The market is dominated by the synthetic type because they are recognized for being cost-effective, stable, and having a longer shelf life compared to their natural counterparts. These characteristics make them ideal for a wide range of food applications, including processed and packaged foods, as well as beverages. Common synthetic antioxidants like BHA, BHT, TBHQ, and PG are essential in maintaining the freshness, quality, and nutritional value of food products by preventing spoilage and rancidity.
Based on Form
Dry Form will Dominate the market during the Forecast Period
The Dry Form segment is positioned to dominate the market for . Dry antioxidants, which come in powder, granular, or flake form, are highly preferred due to their easy storage, transportability, and ability to be incorporated into a wide range of food products. Their cost-effectiveness further contributes to their popularity among food manufacturers.
Based on Source
The Petroleum-Derived Source will Account for the Largest Market Share
The market is expected to be dominated by Petroleum Derived. Synthetic antioxidants, which come from petroleum products, are well-known for being cost-effective and stable, surpassing natural antioxidants in these areas. Petroleum-derived antioxidants include BHA, BHT, TBHQ, and PG, which are vital in preserving the freshness, quality, and nutritional value of food products while preventing spoilage and rancidity. The increasing demand for processed foods and packaged snacks is a significant factor driving the growth of the petroleum-derived antioxidants market, with their usage also observed in nutraceuticals and dietary supplements.
Based on Application
Prepared Meat & Poultry Category of the Application Segment will Account for the Largest Share in the Projected Period
The Prepared Meat & Poultry segment is expected to dominate the market because these processed and packaged products are highly susceptible to oxidation and spoilage, so antioxidants are necessary to preserve their freshness, quality, and nutritional value. The growing demand for convenient and easy-to-prepare products, along with factors like urbanization and increasing disposable incomes, are driving the growth of the prepared meat and poultry.
Based on Region
The Asia Pacific Region will Lead the Market in the Forecast Time
The market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate in 2022 due to the growing demand for processed foods and packaged snacks, the increasing popularity of nutraceuticals and dietary supplements, rising disposable incomes, and changing lifestyles. Some countries in the Asia Pacific like China, India, Australia, Thailand, and Malaysia, have large and expanding populations with rising disposable incomes and evolving consumer preferences. As a result, there is a significant increase in the demand for different food products, including processed foods, packaged snacks, and nutraceuticals, all incorporating food antioxidants.
The market for is highly competitive, with regulatory compliance, quality assurance, and adherence to food safety standards playing a crucial role in influencing the dynamics among industry participants. Major companies in this industry are actively involved in strategic efforts such as creating new products, engaging in mergers and acquisitions, and forming partnerships to gain a competitive advantage. The market consists of a combination of well-established multinational corporations and emerging companies aiming to meet the increasing demand for natural and clean-label antioxidants from consumers.
The players in the global market include Kemin Industries Inc. (U.S.), Eastman Chemical Company (U.S.), E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (U.S.), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands), Camlin Fine Sciences Ltd. (India), Barentz Group (Netherlands), Frutarom Ltd. (Israel), Kalsec Inc. (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- Sojaprotein, a leading European plant-based protein company, is set to be acquired by Archer Daniels Midland Company. This acquisition is anticipated to enhance ADM's standing in the market for plant-based food ingredients, including antioxidants.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Type (Natural, Synthetic)
- Form (Dry, Liquid)
- Source ( Fruits & Vegetables, Oils, Spices & Herbs, Botanical Extracts, Gallic Acid, Petroleum-Derived)
- Application (Fats & Oils, Prepared Foods, Prepared Meat & Poultry, Beverages, Seafood, Bakery & Confectionery, Plant-Based Alternatives, Nutraceuticals, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Kemin Industries Inc. (U.S.)
- Eastman Chemical Company (U.S.)
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (U.S.)
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.)
- Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands)
- Camlin Fine Sciences Ltd. (India)
- Barentz Group (Netherlands)
- Frutarom Ltd. (Israel)
- Kalsec Inc. (U.S.)
- BASF SE (Germany)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options