The global E-Fluids Market was valued at USD 0.7 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 5.2 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 32.1% over the forecast period.
E-Fluids enable the EV's ability to maintain safety, which traditional fluids are unable to do. To prevent gear wear and tear, advanced reducer fluids called E-Fluids are created with improved frictional qualities. Reducers can run at very high RPMs thanks to anti-foaming qualities. The global E-Fluids market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. The development of specific fluids for electric vehicles is accelerating along with their growing production. Since 2018, just a few businesses have developed lubricants targeted toward electrified passenger automobiles. Battery electric vehicles (BEVs) may not require normal engine oils, but all-electric cars (EVs), particularly hybrids with internal combustion engines (ICEs).
E-Fluids Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Government initiatives to lessen reliance on fossil fuels and reduce pollution have made electric vehicles (EVs) one of the automotive industry's fastest-growing categories. They are one of the fastest-growing segments, even though they only represent a small portion of today's dominant automobile industry. Major international manufacturers have announced plans to produce 200 new electric car models over the next five years, which is anticipated to impact the industry favorably. In integrated e-module systems, E-Fluids provide proper lubrication together with thermal control, electrical characteristics, and compatibility with new materials (which include e-motors, gearboxes, clutches, bearings, and electrical components). Fluids for electric vehicles are essential for maximizing energy efficiency, which can increase range.
Fluid development faces new challenges, from novel materials used in lightweight hardware to injection systems combined with better car electrification systems. Moreover, fluid design for battery and e-motor cooling has a lot of possibilities. EV producers rely on easily accessible off-the-shelf solutions, much like they do with grease and other fluids. In addition, to wear, deposits, and all the other vital challenges that lubricants guard against, an innovation that enhances the lubricant's thermal and electrical conductivity will become an important feature, whether for traditional hybrids or transmissions for EVs. The major distribution channels are OEMs, which will experience considerable growth over the projected period due to their significant fluid consumption, which includes EV battery manufacturers.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
From September 2020 to March 2022, the initial phase of the global pandemic, the US recession likelihood was essentially negligible. The recession probability fell to 30% and 50% in April and May, respectively. This raised the likelihood of a US economic recession. Several recession models are also used to predict when an economic downturn will finish. The initiation of the continuing hostilities between Russia and Ukraine occurred in February 2022. The actual war, however, has been simmering for many years. But, on February 20, 2022, Russia invaded Ukraine without warning, sparking the bloodiest war in Europe since World War II.
Top Market Trends
1. Growing Demand for Powertrain Electrification: The growing trend towards sustainability in the energy and transportation sectors is the cause of the increased demand for electric powertrains, which include battery, hybrid, and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. EV sales are also fueled by expanding government regulations to reduce carbon dioxide and other pollutants, including nitrogen oxide, unburned hydrocarbons, and other particles. The fluids used in electric vehicles support continuous attempts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase fuel efficiency. Governments worldwide are enacting regulations and providing incentives to encourage using electric powertrains since they are environmentally benign. For instance, the governor of California demanded in an executive order that all new automobiles and light-duty passenger trucks be zero-emission by 2035.
2. Decarbonization and Widespread Usage of Zero-Emission Technologies: As low- and zero-emission technologies proliferate, the commercial vehicle (CV) market is rapidly moving towards decarbonization. An electrification is still a viable option for numerous CV applications. The electrification of CVs will encourage technological innovation since the fluids used in electric CVs must behave differently than those used in conventional Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) cars. A new segment of the lubricants market will emerge thanks to electric vehicles, one tailored to the particular needs of EVs in the commercial sector. Due to significant government and federal agency investments in infrastructure development and subsidies, the market for electric vehicle fluids and lubricants is developing to support the promotion of these vehicles and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
3. Rising Government Initiatives: Because electric vehicles are eco-friendly, governments worldwide are implementing several programs through tax breaks, incentives, and subsidies to increase EV sales. For instance, governments across the globe spent USD 14 billion in 2020 on tax breaks and direct purchase incentives for electric vehicles. Electric motors and batteries power electric cars. Due to the absence of carbon dioxide and hydrocarbon particulates, it significantly reduces air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. As a result of the government's ongoing support, there is a significant increase in the demand for electric vehicle fluid.
The global E-Fluids market can be categorized on the following: Product Type, Vehicle Type, Propulsion, Fill Type, and Region. Based on Product Type, the market can be segmented into Brake Fluid, Coolants, Greases, and Transmission Fluids. Furthermore, based on Vehicle Type, the market can be further categorized into Off-Highway Vehicle and On-Highway Vehicle. In addition, based on Propulsion, the market can be divided into Battery EVs and Hybrid EVs. Moreover, based on Fill Type, the market can be divided into First Fill and Service Fill. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Vehicle Type
Off-Highway Vehicles to Account for the Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Need for Electric Vehicles Among the General Population
During the forecast period, the segment of off-highway vehicles will dominate the global E-Fluids market. The segmental growth will be attributed to the growing demand for zero-emission vehicles in the e-commerce and logistics sectors for environmentally friendly vehicles and the supported government initiatives on electrifying transportation fleets. For instance, the EPA and NHTSA in the US suggested enacting the Safer Affordable Fuel-Efficient (SAFE) cars rule, which would go into force between 2022 and 2026. The rule is intended to establish minimum requirements for greenhouse gas emissions and company average fuel efficiency for both passenger and commercial vehicles. On-highway vehicles will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing disposable income among consumers who can afford luxurious vehicles.
Based on Propulsion Type
Battery EVs to Lead with the Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Awareness Among Consumers
The battery EVs will dominate the segment of the E-Fluids market during the forecast period. Governments are implementing enticing incentives and regulations to promote EV sales. It offers users several advantages, including lower selling prices, no registration or minimal registration fees, and free EV infrastructure at numerous charging points. Also, many governments worldwide exempt purchase, import, and road taxes based on various subsidies. Also, these subsidies have encouraged automakers to increase their EV output. The government has also created beneficial policies and invested in building infrastructure. Hybrid EVs will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period because these vehicles offer a good balance between ICE and electric power.
Based on Fill Type
First Fill Segment Will Account for the Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Sales of EVs
The segment of first fill will dominate the global E-Fluids market during the forecast period. Fluids effectively meet a wide range of battery electric vehicle performance parameters for the initial fill. The growing number of automakers making electric vehicles is the target market for these products.
Based on Region
Europe to Lead Global Sales Owing to Rising Sales of Hybrid EVs
The global E-Fluids market is expected to be dominated by the region of Europe during the forecast period. Europe dominated the electric vehicle fluids market due to the vast number of hybrid vehicles produced and sold there, which need more E-Fluids. Due largely to engine oil's high cost compared to other fluids utilized in hybrid electric vehicles, Europe holds the highest market share. According to recent projections, the eight nations with the highest levels of EV penetration (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Norway, the Netherlands, China, the United States, and Japan) will have collectively sold close to 40 million liters of e-transmission fluids, e-thermal fluids, and e-greases by 2025. The regional government has introduced incentives for the auto industry, battery and fluid providers, and supporting industries to strengthen the region's electric car and electric vehicle component supply chain. The European region has committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 per the 2015 Paris Agreement. By 2030, it is anticipated that 50% of all automobiles produced in Europe will be electric vehicles. The European governments have undertaken several projects, including the European battery alliance, Charge anywhere, Wireless charging for electric vehicles, etc.
The North American market, where automakers have promised to introduce more than 200 new EV models over the next few years, may see widespread EV adoption. A few of the incentives for electric vehicles in several North American nations include discounts on purchases, environmental and import levies, and revenue-neutral "feebates" that punish polluting cars and reward clean ones. Innovative fluids that can increase the performance and efficiency of electric and hybrid vehicles are already being produced in large quantities by several North American businesses.
The key players in the global E-Fluids market include - Black Note Inc. (U.S.), Breazy (U.S.), BSMW Ltd. (UK), Crystal Canyon Vapes LLC (U.S.), eLiquid Factory (UK), Mig Vapor LLC (U.S.), Molecule Labs Inc. (U.S.), Nicopure Labs LLC (U.S.), Philip Morris International Inc. (U.S.), Turning Point Brands Inc. (U.S.), VMR Products LLC (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
· November 2021: Second-generation PETRONAS iona is an advanced line of E-Fluids introduced by Petronas. The "second-generation" PETRONAS Iona addresses several concerns with electric vehicles, such as temperature management, friction control, and improved efficiency.
· June 2021: The launch of the "Kixx EV" lubricant for electric vehicles was announced by GS Caltex. It offers a variety of products, such as E-Thermal fluid and E-Transmission fluid, that are made to increase the efficiency of electric vehicles and safeguard crucial parts.
· June 2021: The world's largest automotive and mobility provider, Stellantis, and Total Energies have partnered to allow Stellantis to use a network of charging stations run by Total Energies in Paris for its car-sharing operations.
Segmentation of the Global E-Fluids Market
- Product Type (Brake Fluid, Coolants, Greases, Transmission Fluids)
- Vehicle Type (Off-highway Vehicle, On-highway Vehicle)
- Propulsion (Battery EV, Hybrid EV)
- Fill Type (First Fill, Service Fill)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Black Note Inc. (U.S.)
- Breazy (U.S.)
- BSMW Ltd. (UK)
- Crystal Canyon Vapes LLC (U.S.)
- eLiquid Factory (UK)
- Mig Vapor LLC (U.S.)
- Molecule Labs Inc. (U.S.)
- Nicopure Labs LLC (U.S.)
- Philip Morris International Inc. (U.S.)
- Turning Point Brands Inc. (U.S.)
- VMR Products LLC (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options