The global Construction Chemicals Market is valued at USD 41.9 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 83.2 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 10.3% between 2023 and 2030.
Construction Chemicals refer to various chemicals used in the construction industry to enhance the performance of construction materials, structures, and systems. These chemicals help improve the durability, strength, corrosion resistance, workability, and other desired properties of concrete, cement, asphalt, coatings, adhesives, sealants, grouts, and other materials used in construction. The increasing demand for Construction Chemicals in various residential, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure applications drives the market. The growth of the construction industry, mainly in emerging nations, is also a major factor driving the market. Admixtures, which are used to improve the properties of concrete, dominate the market due to their wide range of applications and high demand. Other Construction Chemicals such as adhesives, sealants, and waterproofing agents also have significant market demand. The Asia-Pacific region dominates the market, accounting for a substantial share due to the high demand for Construction Chemicals in China, India, and other countries. North America and Europe also have significant market shares due to their developed construction industries.
Construction Chemicals Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
One of the primary drivers of the Construction Chemicals market is the increasing demand for infrastructure development, urbanization, and industrialization in emerging economies such as China, India, Brazil, and Russia. These countries invest heavily in constructing highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, railways, buildings, and other infrastructure projects to support their economic growth and social development. This trend will continue in the coming years, driving the demand for Construction Chemicals. Another market driver is the increasing demand for sustainable construction practices that reduce the carbon footprint, energy consumption, and waste generation of buildings and other structures. Construction Chemicals companies are developing eco-friendly products that meet green building standards and certifications such as LEED, BREEAM, and WELL. These products are made from renewable resources, recycled materials, and low-emission chemicals and are designed to enhance the energy efficiency, indoor air quality, and comfort of buildings.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
The Russo-Ukrainian conflict has hurt the Construction Chemicals market due to the economic instability it has caused in the region. The conflict has led to trade restrictions and political uncertainty, decreasing demand for Construction Chemicals. Additionally, the disrupted supply chains have caused an increase in raw material prices and difficulties in logistics and transportation. The market is expected to recover once the political situation stabilizes and trade relations improve.
Top Market Trends
1. Increasing demand from the construction industry: The global Construction Chemicals market is primarily driven by the growth of the construction industry. With the increasing demand for infrastructure and expansion of residential and non-residential construction projects, the demand for Construction Chemicals is expected to grow significantly.
2. Growing environmental concerns: The use of sustainable construction materials and methods is gaining popularity due to the increasing awareness about environmental problems and the need to reduce carbon footprint. This is driving the demand for eco-friendly Construction Chemicals.
3. Advancements in technology and product innovation: To meet the increasing demand for better performance, durability, and sustainability, manufacturers are continuously developing and innovating new products. For instance, nanotechnology is being used to enhance concrete's bonding strength and durability.
4. Shift towards water-based products: Due to the increasing environmental regulations, there is a growing shift towards water-based construction chemical products that have low or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and are, therefore, more environmentally friendly.
5. Growing demand for repair and rehabilitation products: With the increasing age of infrastructure, there is a growing demand for repair and rehabilitation products such as adhesives, sealants, and coatings. These products help in enhancing the durability and performance of aging infrastructure.
The global Construction Chemicals market can be categorized into Product Type, Application, and Region. Based on Type, the market can be categorized into Concrete Admixture, Waterproofing Chemicals, Protective Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Cement Grinding Aids, Repair & Rehabilitation, Industrial Flooring, and Other Types. Furthermore, based on Application, the market can be further segregated into Residential, Industrial & Commercial, and Infrastructure. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product Type
Concrete Admixture to Accommodate Maximum Market Share
The concrete admixture segment is an essential part of the global Construction Chemicals market, accounting for a significant share of its revenue. Concrete admixtures are chemical formulations added to concrete during production to enhance specific properties. These include increasing strength, reducing permeability, improving workability, and enhancing durability. The rapidly growing construction industry, especially in emerging economies, drives the demand for concrete admixtures. The need for faster and more efficient construction techniques is evident as urbanization and industrialization continue rapidly. The application of concrete admixtures improves the quality of construction and contributes to sustainable development, making this segment a crucial component of the global Construction Chemicals market.
Based on Application
Residential Segment to Dominate the Market
The residential segment in the global Construction Chemicals market is witnessing a significant growth rate, primarily due to the rising demand for modern infrastructures and the increasing trend of smart homes. The Construction Chemicals such as adhesives, waterproofing chemicals, and concrete admixtures are used in the residential segment to improve the durability and longevity of building structures. Moreover, the growing awareness of the need for energy-efficient buildings is fueling the demand for Construction Chemicals in the residential segment. The rising urbanization and population growth in emerging countries are also driving the development of the residential construction industry. Overall, the residential segment in the global construction chemical market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific is Expected to Lead the Market Growth
The Asia Pacific Construction Chemicals market is anticipated to grow majorly in the coming years, owing to the region's substantial infrastructure development and rapid urbanization. The market comprises a variety of Construction Chemicals such as concrete admixtures, waterproofing systems, flooring compounds, and others. The growth of the construction industry, primarily in India, China, and Southeast Asia, is driving the demand for these chemicals. Additionally, the increasing demand for sustainable, eco-friendly construction materials will likely expand the market's growth in the region. The Asia Pacific market is highly competitive, with many regional & international players competing for market share. The region's favorable government regulations and initiatives to promote infrastructure development are expected further to propel the market's growth in the future.
The North America Construction Chemicals market will grow significantly over the forecast period owing to the growing construction industry and increasing urbanization in the region. Construction Chemicals, including concrete admixtures, waterproofing chemicals, and adhesives, have become crucial to modern construction practices. These chemicals improve the durability, strength, and resilience of buildings and infrastructure, making them more resistant to weathering and other environmental factors. The growth in investments in infrastructure development, such as roadways, highways, bridges, and tunnels, will further stimulate market growth. However, the availability of cheaper alternatives and the environmental concerns associated with these chemicals are some of the factors that may hinder market growth.
The global Construction Chemicals market is highly competitive and fragmented, with numerous players operating at regional and global levels. The market is characterized by intense competition, with leading companies striving to gain a competitive edge by constantly upgrading their product portfolio, expanding their market share, acquiring complementary businesses, and investing in research and development activities. Moreover, the market players are increasingly adopting sustainable practices to reduce their carbon footprint and minimize negative environmental impact. This has led to the growth of eco-friendly products in the Construction Chemicals market, which are eco-friendly and biodegradable. The market is also characterized by a focus on regional expansion, especially in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil, which have high growth potential in the construction and infrastructure sectors. Manufacturers invest significantly in these markets to capture a significant share of growth opportunities.
The key players in the global Construction Chemicals market include - Evonik Industries AG (Germany), H.B. Fuller (U.S.), WR Grace & Company (U.S.), Saint-Gobain S.A. (U.S.), Ashland Chemical (U.S.), Albemarle Corp. (U.S), Huntsman Corporation (U.S.), RPM International (U.S.), AkzoNobel Chemicals (Netherlands), 3M Company (U.S.), Sika Group (Switzerland), Fosroc Chemicals (India), KÃ–STER, Tremco Group (U.S.), Arkema (France), Royal Adhesives & Sealants (U.S.), LORD Corp. (U.S.), MAPEI SPA (Italy), Tata Chemicals (India), Thermax Global (India), Bostik SA (France), Illinois Tool Works Inc. (U.S.), Rudolf Group (Germany), BASF SE (Germany), Muehringer (Germany), Dow Chemical (U.S.), Wacker Chemie AG (Germany), Henkel AG & Company KGaA (Germany), Knopp GmbH (Germany), Normet (Finland), Avery Dennison (U.S.), Eastman Chemical (U.S.), Pidilite Industries (India) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- May 2022: Izolbet, one of the top players in the Polish market for specialty building solutions, has a deal to be acquired by Holcim. Over the past three years, Izolbet has produced double-digit growth in both sales and EBITDA. In addition to complementing Holcim's recent investment in a new dry mix production facility in Kraków, the acquisition will boost Holcim's position in the highly lucrative market for rehabilitation, thermal insulation, and finishing.
- February 2022: Sika developed a plant for concrete admixtures and established operations there. The first business to produce these goods locally is Sika. The corporation wanted to take advantage of projected infrastructure upgrades, creating a local supply chain in the 50 million East African population.
- September 2022: Saint-Gobain has finished acquiring Chryso, a major player in the worldwide Construction Chemicals sector. Chryso offers complete additives solutions for environmentally friendly buildings, dramatically lowering the concrete's carbon footprint. The company has over 1,300 people, and its yearly revenue is around €400 million. Chryso joins the businesses in the High-Performance Solutions segment that cater to the sustainable construction market.
Segmentation of the Global Construction Chemicals Market
- Type (Admixtures, Sealants & Adhesives, Protective Coatings, Waterproofing Chemicals, Other Types)
- Application (Residential Construction, Commercial Construction, Infrastructure, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Evonik Industries AG (Germany)
- H.B. Fuller (U.S.)
- WR Grace & Company (U.S.)
- Saint-Gobain S.A. (U.S.)
- Ashland Chemical (U.S.)
- Albemarle Corp. (U.S)
- Huntsman Corporation (U.S.)
- RPM International (U.S.)
- AkzoNobel Chemicals (Netherlands)
- 3M Company (U.S.)
- Sika Group (Switzerland)
- Fosroc Chemicals (India)
- Tremco Group (U.S.)
- Arkema (France)
- Royal Adhesives & Sealants (U.S.)
- LORD Corp. (U.S.)
- MAPEI SPA (Italy)
- Tata Chemicals (India)
- Thermax Global (India)
- Bostik SA (France)
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (U.S.)
- Rudolf Group (Germany)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Muehringer (Germany)
- Dow Chemical (U.S.)
- Wacker Chemie AG (Germany)
- Henkel AG & Company KGaA (Germany)
- Knopp GmbH (Germany)
- Normet (Finland)
- Avery Dennison (U.S.)
- Eastman Chemical (U.S.)
- Pidilite Industries (India)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options