The global Alternative Protein Market was valued at USD 57.18 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 196.76 Million by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 16.70% between 2023 and 2030.
Growing Demand for Plant-Based Proteins: The Alternative Protein market is experiencing a surge in demand for plant-based proteins. Consumers are increasingly opting for plant-based diets due to health, environmental, and ethical reasons. This shift has led to the development of innovative plant-based protein products that mimic the taste and texture of animal-based proteins.
Alternative Protein Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
Rising Investments in Alternative Protein Startups: The Alternative Protein market has attracted significant investments from venture capital firms, food corporations, and celebrities. This influx of capital has fueled research and development efforts, resulting in the creation of a wide range of Alternative Protein products. The investments also indicate the growing confidence in the market's potential for long-term growth.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
Technological Advancements in Protein Production: Advances in food technology and biotechnology have revolutionized the production of Alternative Proteins. Techniques such as cellular agriculture, fermentation, and genetic engineering are being employed to produce proteins more efficiently and sustainably. These advancements have the potential to lower production costs and improve the scalability of Alternative Protein production.
Market Expansion and Revenue Growth: The Alternative Protein market is experiencing robust growth in terms of market size and revenue. Increasing consumer demand, expanding distribution channels, and favorable government policies are driving this growth. As more consumers embrace Alternative Proteins, companies are scaling up their production capacities and expanding into new markets to meet the rising demand.
Job Creation and Economic Opportunities: The growth of the Alternative Protein industry is generating new employment opportunities across various sectors. From research and development to manufacturing, distribution, and marketing, the industry requires a diverse range of skilled professionals. Additionally, the development of Alternative Protein supply chains creates opportunities for farmers, ingredient suppliers, and food processing companies.
Sustainable and Resilient Food System: The Alternative Protein market plays a crucial role in building a more sustainable and resilient food system. By reducing reliance on animal agriculture, Alternative Proteins help address environmental concerns, such as greenhouse gas emissions, land degradation, and water usage. Moreover, the market's growth contributes to food security by providing Alternative Protein sources that can alleviate pressure on traditional livestock farming.
Top Market Trends:
- Product Diversification and Innovation: The Alternative Protein market is witnessing a surge in product diversification and innovation. Companies are developing a wide range of Alternative Protein sources, including plant-based proteins (soy, pea, wheat, etc.), cultivated meat (lab-grown), and alternative seafood. This trend aims to cater to diverse consumer preferences and dietary requirements, expanding the market's reach.
- Partnerships and Collaborations: Collaboration among industry players is becoming increasingly common in the Alternative Protein market. Startups are partnering with established food companies to leverage their expertise in production, distribution, and marketing. These collaborations help accelerate product development, improve market access, and enhance consumer acceptance of Alternative Proteins.
- Regulatory Support and Standards: Governments around the world are recognizing the importance of the Alternative Protein market and are implementing supportive policies. Regulatory frameworks are being developed to ensure food safety, labeling transparency, and fair competition. The establishment of standards and certifications for Alternative Protein products is also gaining traction, providing consumers with confidence in the quality and sustainability of these products.
The Alternative Protein market is segmented on the basis of source, and application. Based on the source the market is segmented as Plant-based, Insect-based, and Microbial-based. By application, the market is segmented as Meat analogs, Bakery, Dairy alternatives, Cereals & Snacks, Beverages, and Others.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Plant-based sources segment is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period
The plant-based source segment of the Alternative Protein market is projected to acquire the largest market share during the forecast period. The increasing prevalence of lifestyle and chronic disorders owing to unhealthy diets has led to shift the consumers towards plant-based or vegan food diets in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle and thus boosting the demand for plant-based Alternative Protein during the forecast period. The intolerance of animal protein and the rising prevalence of lactose intolerance have generated an increase in the number of vegan populations which is expected to rise the demand for plant-based Alternative Protein products in the years to come.
The meat analog segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
The meat-analog application sector of the Alternative Protein market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The factors such as growth in the risk of animal-borne diseases related to meat products and the increasing concerns of health disorders owing to high consumption of meat and meat products have shifted the heath-conscious consumers towards meat analog and thus driving the demand for Alternative Protein in the years to come. Moreover, the demand for meat-analog has increased from the last few years owing to the rising demand from large-scale food joints, and the foodservice sector which is driving the demand for the meat analog sector in the Alternative Protein market during the forecast period.
North America is estimated to hold the largest share of the Alternative Protein market
The valuable position of North America in the Alternative Protein market is mainly attributed to the animal feed industry and deep-rooted food which is increasing the demand for Alternative Protein in the North American region. The rising concerns over animal products and protein, growth in the preference for meat alternatives, and increasing vegan population are also the prime factors boosting the growth in the Alternative Protein market during the forecast period. The increasing investments in protein alternative products, technological advancement in the food industry, and growth in the demand for healthy and nutritional products are expected to drive the demand for Alternative Protein in different regions in the upcoming years.
The global Alternative Protein market is fragmented in nature due to the presence of major players in the Alternative Protein market during the forecast period. Prime players in the market apply different strategies for the growth of Alternative Protein market in different sectors such as Meat analogs, Bakery, Dairy alternatives, Cereals & Snacks, and Beverages. Some major key players in the Alternative Protein market are Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Cargill, Incorporated (U.S.), Roquette Freres (France), Ingredion Incorporated (U.S.), Kerry Group (Ireland), E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company (U.S.), Now Foods (U.S.), Tate & Lyle Plc (U.K.), Axiom Foods Inc. (U.S.), Burcon NutraScience Corporation (Canada), Beneo GmbH (Germany), Glanbia Plc (Ireland), Sotexpro (France), CHS Inc (U.S.), AgriProtein (South Africa), Ynsect (France), and Enterra Feed Corporation (Canada)
Alternative Protein Market is segmented as follows:
- Source (Plant-based, Insect-based, Microbial-based)
- Application (Meat analogs, Dairy alternatives, Cereals & snacks, Beverages, Others)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.)
- Cargill Inc.rporated (U.S.)
- Roquette Freres (France)
- Ingredion Incorporated (U.S.)
- Kerry Group (Ireland)
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company (U.S.)
- Now Foods (U.S.)
- Tate & Lyle Plc (U.K.)
- Axiom Foods Inc. (U.S.)
- Burcon NutraScience Corporation (Canada)
- Beneo GmbH (Germany)
- Glanbia Plc (Ireland)
- Sotexpro (France)
- CHS Inc (U.S.)
- AgriProtein (South Africa)
- Ynsect (France)
- and Enterra Feed Corporation (Canada)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options
Alternative Protein Market is tabulated as follows: