The global Agricultural Robots Market is valued at USD 10.4 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 58.48 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 24.1% between 2023 and 2030.
Agribots, commonly referred to as agricultural robots, are one of the most recent breakthroughs in the agriculture sector. Globally, the demand for food is increasing in response to the expanding population. As a result, farmers are turning to more contemporary tools and machinery, including agricultural robots, to increase their overall production and increase their income. A lack of workers has stakeholders exploring for ways to upgrade the farms. For instance, according to research by the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF), 56% of US farms are now employing agritech, with a labor shortage cited by more than half of those who use it. Wireless sensors, robotics, predictive forecasting models, and data analytics are some of the cutting-edge agrotech applications. As a result, rising salaries and labor shortages are fueling market expansion.
Agricultural Robots Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Governments all over the world are promoting automation technologies among farmers by providing subsidies and launching projects. For instance, the European Union began work on initiatives like Robs4Crops, which range from fully autonomous farming systems to farming controls and smart implements. A new initiative called Robs4Crops is assisting farmers in filling the manpower gap that is upending the agricultural industry.
- North America generated more than 41.5% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Milking Robots segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 24.5% of the total revenue share in 2022 driven by the need for efficient and automated milking processes in the dairy industry
- Farm Produce segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 42.2% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Outdoor segment accounts for largest revenue of 52.5% in 2022
The has grown significantly. The worldwide population growth, rising food prices, and the need to improve agricultural productivity and sustainability. Due to the substantial agricultural industry in the United States and the high rate of adoption of agricultural technologies, North America also occupies a leading position. The modernization of agricultural methods in nations like China and India, where labor constraints and the need for higher productivity are driving widespread adoption of agricultural robots, is transforming the Asia-Pacific region into a key growth hub. The market's economic influence goes beyond just equipment sales because it promotes innovation, produces jobs, and helps ensure the sustainability and general effectiveness of world agriculture.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing adoption of autonomous robots: Autonomous robots can do jobs more quickly and precisely than human labor, they are becoming more and more common in agriculture.
- Integration of AI and machine learning: Agricultural robots are gradually being equipped with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), enabling them to make decisions based on data and learn from their mistakes. This is assisting in enhancing the precision and effectiveness of agricultural robots.
- Emergence of swarm robotics: A new technology called swarm robotics involves employing a bunch of robots to cooperate and finish a task. This technology is being investigated for application in agriculture since it may be used to harvest crops or manage pests and illnesses.
- Development of precision agriculture: Precision agriculture is a farming method that maximizes crop yield by using data and technology. Farmers all across the world are using this strategy, and agricultural robots are becoming more and more crucial to precision farming.
- Growing demand for food: As the world's population rises, the agricultural industry is under pressure to increase food production. In order to accommodate this need, agricultural robots can make farming operations more effective.
The globel Agricultural Robots market can be categorized into Type , End Use , Farming Environment , Region . The Market can be categorized into Milking Robots, UAVs/Drones, Automated Harvesting Systems , Driverless Tractors , Others based on Type . The Market can be categorized into Farm Produce, Dairy & Livestock , Others Crop Types (Turf & Ornamentals, Plantation Crops, And Silage & Forage Crops) based on End Use . The Market can be categorized into Indoor , Outdoor based on Farming Environment . The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia pacific , Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region .
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Milking Robots holds the largest share
The market is expected to be dominated by the Milking Robots segment due to the growing demand for dairy products and farmers' pursuit of milking process automation. These cutting-edge technologies work on their own, gently milking cows while maximizing milk collection. In addition to raising milk output, they significantly reduce labor costs for farmers and raise standards for animal welfare.
Based on End Use
Farm produce will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the Farm Produce segment due to the rising global food demand and the requirement to raise agricultural production. Robots for farming crops can be employed for a number of jobs, including planting, weeding, harvesting, and spraying. They can aid farmers in increasing crop yields, lowering labor expenses, and safeguarding crops from pests and illnesses.
Based on Farming Environment
Outdoor will account for largest market share
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the outdoor segment. This is because outdoor farming requires a bigger area of land to be cultivated, as well as more difficult operating environments for robots. The various duties that outdoor agricultural robots can perform include planting, weeding, harvesting, and spraying. They can aid farmers in increasing crop yields, lowering labor expenses, and safeguarding crops from pests and illnesses.
Based on Region
North America will lead the market
North America is expected to dominate the market for as a result of its significant agricultural industry, particularly in the United States, the region is at the forefront of a rapid adoption of agricultural technologies. Additionally, the unwavering backing of the government for the incorporation of agricultural technologies strengthens North America's position as a leader. The United States, which enjoys an extensive agricultural business and a strong propensity for adopting agricultural technology, serves as the principal center for agricultural robots within the continent, with Canada and Mexico also emerging as important markets in the area.
The global market is fragmented, including some key players and an influx of emerging players, driven by technological advancements, are reshaping the market. These newcomers, often specializing in niche areas such as autonomous tractors, drones, or robotic harvesting systems, are fostering innovation and intensifying competition. Partnerships and collaborations between established and emerging players are also becoming common, enabling the development of integrated and holistic solutions to address the evolving needs of modern agriculture. For instance, At the World Ag Expo 2022, Naio Technologies introduced the Orio agricultural robot. Herbicide alternatives like Orio respect soils, enhance working conditions, and gather information for smart farming.
The players in the global market include Deere & Company, DJI, CNH Industrial NV, AGCO Corporation, DeLaval, Trimble Inc., BouMatic Robotics, Lely, AgJunction, AgEagle Aerial Systems, YANMAR Co., Deepfield Robotics, ecoRobotix, Harvest Automation among others.
Recent Market Developments
- June 2022: The British startup Small Robot Company (SRC), which develops agricultural robots, recently revealed plans to introduce its robots at about 50 farms throughout the course of the 2022–2023 growing season.
- February 2022: The robot-as-a-service (RaaS) model was introduced by Verdant Robotics to ensure that more producers of specialty crops could meet their desires for more profitable and sustainable growing methods.
- January 2022: A tractor that is fully autonomous and prepared for mass manufacturing was shown off by John Deere. A GPS navigation system, a TruSet-enabled chisel plow, a Deere 8R tractor, and other cutting-edge technology are all included in this equipment.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Type (Milking Robots, UAVs/Drones, Automated Harvesting Systems , Driverless Tractors , Others )
- End Use (Farm Produce, Dairy & Livestock , Others Crop Types (Turf & Ornamentals, Plantation Crops, And Silage & Forage Crops))
- Farming Environment ( Indoor , Outdoor )
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia pacific , Latin America, Middle East & Africa )
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Deere & Company
- CNH Industrial NV
- AGCO Corporation
- Trimble Inc.
- BouMatic Robotics
- AgEagle Aerial Systems
- YANMAR Co.
- Deepfield Robotics
- Harvest Automation
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options