The global Market is valued at USD 6.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 10.7 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 7.50% between 2023 and 2030.
The market has seen market expansion due to regulations and laws pertaining to environmental protection and agricultural productivity. Governments are taking aggressive steps in the area of agricultural and food safety in response to the growing concerns, which is fueling market expansion. For instance, the Produce Safety Rule under the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Subpart E has recently been suggested for revision by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). By making sure that the water used for irrigation and other agricultural uses doesn't contain dangerous chemicals that can cause foodborne illness, the proposed amendments seek to improve food safety.
Agricultural Testing Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Growing agricultural production demands that necessitate frequent soil testing are driving a significant resurgence in the market for . The need of maintaining soil qualities is further highlighted by changing customer attitudes toward food safety and quality, supporting market growth prospects in the near future.
- North America generated more than 40.90% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Soil segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 45.6% of the total revenue share in 2022 driven by its pivotal role as the foundation of crop production and its direct impact on crop yield and quality
- Safety testing segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 54.2% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Rapid segment accounts for largest revenue of 55.6% in 2022
The is expected to grow tremendously economically during forecast period. The agriculture sector always wants testing services to maximize crop yields, improve crop quality, and maintain resource efficiency, it contributes significantly to the market, accounting for close to 35–40% of it. Access to competent personnel, which is necessary for conducting reliable testing, continues to be an important consideration, and areas with a large talent pool have an advantage over others. Approximately 10-15% of market growth is attributed to government support, including funding and research programs, which promotes innovation and technical improvement.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing demand for food safety: Both the world population and the demand for food are expanding. Farmers are under pressure to increase food production while maintaining food safety as a result.
- Growing focus on sustainability: Food production must now meet rising consumer demands for sustainability. This entails consuming less energy, water, and chemicals, as well as lowering pollution.
- Advances in technology: Molecular testing and remote sensing are two examples of recent technologies that are improving the precision and effectiveness of .
- Globalization of the food supply: The world's food supply is getting more intertwined. , which identifies and tracks contaminated items, can aid in the prevention of the spread of foodborne illnesses.
- Regulatory compliance: Governments are regulating agricultural activities more and more to safeguard the environment and the general people. can assist farmers in adhering to these rules and avoiding exorbitant fines.
The globel Agricultural Testing market can be categorized into Sample, Application, Technology, Region. The Market can be categorized into Soil, Water, Seed, Compost, Manure, Biosoilds, Plant Tissue based on Sample. The Market can be categorized into Safety Testing, Quality Assurance based on Application. The Market can be categorized into Conventional, Rapid based on Technology. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Sample
Soil holds the largest share
The market is dominated by soil, which serves as the basis for crop production. Crop yield and quality are directly impacted by its quality. Testing the soil can reveal nutrient shortages, acidity levels, and compaction problems that have an effect on plant growth. Overall, soil testing improves crop quality, supports sustainable agricultural methods to satisfy global food demands, and increases yield, taste, and shelf life.
Based on Application
Safety testing will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the safety testing segment due to increasing demand for assurance of food safety and the necessity of abiding by strict government rules. Pesticides, herbicides, and heavy metals are all examples of hazardous compounds that can be detected and quantified in agricultural products via safety testing.
Based on Technology
Rapid technology will account for largest market share
The rapid technology category is projected to gain the highest market share in the market due to the growing demand for quick and accurate testing procedures. For farmers, this quick turnaround is essential since it gives them time to decide how to manage their crops. Rapid testing is becoming more and more common, and this is due to a number of important factors, including the need for quick results to meet farm management's need for urgency, the superior accuracy provided by sensitive and specific detection techniques, the portability and user-friendliness of the method, which makes it ideal for remote locations, and the cost-effectiveness resulting from the need for less labor and material.
Based on Region
North America will lead the market
North America is expected to dominate the market for due to its strict government regulations and discriminating customer expectations, the region has a high demand for food safety, which has led to an increase in the demand for services. In North America, there is a big agriculture business, which is a key market driver. is essential to accomplishing the aims of this dynamic industry, which is constantly looking for ways to improve crop yields and quality. Offering top-notch testing services requires a pool of skilled employees, which North America has in abundance.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players. Some key players offer a comprehensive suite of services encompassing soil, water, and crop testing, catering to the multifaceted needs of the agricultural sector. Government-run laboratories contribute to regulatory compliance and monitoring, adding to the landscape's diversity. The industry's dynamism stems from evolving technology, stringent regulatory requirements, and a growing emphasis on food safety and sustainability, with competitors continuously adapting to meet the evolving demands of the agriculture and food sectors.
The players in the global market include Eurofins Scientific, Agilent Technologies Inc., SCS Global Services, Bureau Veritas SA, ALS Limited, Element Materials Technology, TUV Nord Group, Apal Agricultural Laboratory, Intertek Group PLC, EMD Millipore Corporation, BioMerieux SA, Aurea Agrosciences, 3M Company, Charm Sciences Inc., Neogen Corporation, Biolumix Inc. among others.
Recent Market Developments
- February 2022: Australian Precision Ag Laboratory (APAL), a business that conducts agricultural testing in Australia, was acquired by Eurofins Agro Testing, a major subsidiary of Eurofins Scientific SE. A famous commercial legal firm with offices in Australia, Mills Oakley, helped the business with the acquisition process. The most recent acquisition, according to Eurofins, represents the company's entry into the Australian farming and agricultural testing industry.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Sample (Soil, Water, Seed, Compost, Manure, Biosoilds, Plant Tissue)
- Application (Safety Testing, Quality Assurance)
- Technology (Conventional, Rapid)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Eurofins Scientific
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- SCS Global Services
- Bureau Veritas SA
- ALS Limited
- Element Materials Technology
- TUV Nord Group
- Apal Agricultural Laboratory
- Intertek Group PLC
- EMD Millipore Corporation
- BioMerieux SA
- Aurea Agrosciences
- 3M Company
- Charm Sciences Inc.
- Neogen Corporation
- Biolumix Inc.
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options