The global Agricultural Biologicals Market is valued at USD 12.3 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 33.52 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 13.4% between 2023 and 2030.
The Agricultural Biologicals market is flourishing due to growing demand for organic produce, fueled by increasing consumer awareness of health and environmental concerns, is compelling farmers to embrace agricultural biologicals. The cost-effectiveness of biological alternatives, which give savings on synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, is a powerful driver for adoption. Additionally, the effectiveness of biopesticides and other biological remedies in controlling pests and diseases increases their appeal. The market is expanding as a result of rising synthetic chemical resistance, increased consumer scrutiny of food safety, and continued biotechnological advancements.
Agricultural Biologicals Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Governments all over the world are helping this transition through incentives and legislation. For instance, the usage of biopesticides was highly advised by the National Farmer Policy in India.
- North America generated more than 38.2% of revenue share in 2022.
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030.
- The Biopesticides segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 44.5% of the total revenue share in 2022 due to increased demand for sustainable and eco-friendly pest management solutions, making it the dominant force in the agricultural biological market.
- Seed Treatment segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 34.5% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- The Cereals & Grains segment accounts for the largest revenue of 35.2% in 2022.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The has grown significantly. The development is linked to a rise in consumer demand for sustainable and organic food items, which has prompted the implementation of biological farming practices. Farmers who use agricultural biologicals have reported cost savings on synthetic fertilizers and pesticides of up to 20%. Furthermore, roughly 15% of the agricultural budgets of various governments have been set aside to support the use of biological products, including farmer incentives and subsidies. These economic findings emphasize the important part agricultural biologicals play in both profitable farming methods and sustainable farming practices.
Top Market Trends
- Increasing demand for biopesticides: Pesticides called "biopesticides" come from living things like bacteria, plants, and animals. They are thought to be safer for human health and the environment than synthetic pesticides. Due to rising consumer knowledge of the dangers of synthetic pesticides and mounting governmental pressure against their usage, demand for biopesticides is rising.
- Growing use of bio-stimulants: Bio-stimulants are compounds that help plants absorb nutrients more effectively, use water more effectively, and withstand stress. They are utilized to increase crop quality and yields while lowering the requirement for synthetic herbicides and fertilizers. Due to their potential to increase agricultural yield and sustainability, bio stimulants are being used more frequently.
- Rise of precision agriculture: Technology is used in precision agriculture to more accurately manage crops and livestock. Inputs, like as fertilizers and insecticides, can be applied more precisely by using data from sensors, drones, and satellite photography to monitor crop conditions. By using fewer inputs, precision agriculture can increase crop yields.
- Development of new biocontrol agents: Organisms that can be employed to manage illnesses and pests are called biocontrol agents. They are viewed as more environmentally benign than synthetic pesticides and serve as an alternative.
The Global Market is categorized into the below-mentioned segments as:
The globel Agricultural Biologicals market can be categorized into Product, Application Method, Crop Type, Region. The Market can be categorized into Biopesticides, Bio Stimulants, Biofertilizers, Other Products based on Product. The Market can be categorized into Foliar Spray, Seed Treatment, Soil Treatment, Post-harvest based on Application Method. The Market can be categorized into Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables, Other Crop Types based on Crop Type. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Biopesticides Expected to Hold the Largest Share
Biopesticides accounted for the largest market share in agricultural biologicals in 2022, driven by the rising demand for sustainable, organic food and growing public concern over the negative effects of synthetic pesticides on the environment and human health. Biopesticides are praised for being environmentally benign and human-safe because they are derived from natural sources like microbes, plants, and animals. They include classes including bio-fungicides, bio insecticides, bionematicides, and bioherbicides, each designed to address a particular problem in agriculture. The efficacy, rising affordability, and necessity for sustainable farming methods are driving the emergence of biopesticides, and their trajectory points to continued growth.
Based on Application
Seed Treatment will Dominate the Market during Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the seed treatment application segment because seed treatment is the process of applying biological agents to seeds to protect them from pests, illnesses, and dangerous organisms. This practice is motivated by the growing desire for sustainable, organic food options as well as growing worries about the possible negative effects of synthetic pesticides on human health and the environment. This method decreases the need for synthetic pesticides while improving crop yields and quality and proving to be cost-effective.
Based on Crop Type
Cereals & Grains will account for the Largest Market Share
The industry is expected to be dominated by cereals and grains due to the growing problems caused by pest infestations and diseases that affect crops, the growing demand from consumers for organic and sustainable cereal and grain products, and the growing support from governments for the use of biological solutions in agriculture. Together, these elements highlight how important grains and cereals are in determining the direction of the agricultural biologicals industry.
Based on Region
North America will lead the market
North America is expected to dominate the market due to the region's high demand for organic food, robust governmental support for biological products in agriculture, and the presence of major market participants. Due to its position as the largest market for organic foods in the world and ongoing government support, the United States represents the greatest market for agricultural biologicals in North America. Following closely behind, Canada gains from government aid and a concentration of significant agricultural biological firms.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players, Companies are engaged in extensive research and development efforts to introduce novel biological solutions for crop protection and enhancement. Strategic partnerships and acquisitions are common strategies to expand market reach and leverage complementary capabilities. Emerging players and startups are also making significant inroads, capitalizing on the growing demand for sustainable and eco-friendly agricultural practices.
The players in the global market include BASF SE (Germany), Syngenta (Switzerland), Marrone Bio Innovation (U.S.), Isagro SPA (Italy), UPL Ltd. (India), Evogene Ltd. (Israel), Bayer AG (Germany), Vegalab (Switzerland), Valent LLC (U.S.), Stockton Bio AG (Israel), Biolchim (Italy), Rizobacter Group (France), Valagro (Italy), Koppert Biological Systems (Netherlands), Lallemand (Canada), Symborg (Spain) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- September 2022: Bioceres Crop Solutions, a significant Rizobacter stakeholder, combined with Marrone Bio to add Rizobacter's successful range of bio protection and plant health solutions to the company's portfolio.
- July 2023: BASF and Vivagro, a cutting-edge French company specializing in agroecological solutions, have struck a distribution agreement for the product Essen'ciel for the Italian and Spanish markets. The natural fungicide, pesticide, and acaricide Essen'ciel are based on the sweet orange essential oil. Among the permitted organic uses for it are vine grapes, vegetable crops, berries, ornamental crops, industrial crops, and arboriculture. Essen'ciel is a viable alternative biocontrol agent given the paucity of insecticide substitutes, especially for pip fruits like apples, pears, and quinces.
- January 2022: Syngenta Crop Protection AG has completed the acquisition of NemaTrident and UniSpore, two sophisticated bioinsecticides from Bionema Limited. Customers can take advantage of extra and complementary technologies provided by these cutting-edge biocontrol strategies to effectively and sustainably manage insect pests and deal with resistance challenges. Nema Trident and UniSpore are the first fully-owned biocontrol products in the portfolio of Syngenta Professional Solutions as a result of this acquisition.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Product (Biopesticides, Bio Stimulants, Biofertilizers, Other Products)
- Application Method (Foliar Spray, Seed Treatment, Soil Treatment, Post-harvest)
- Crop Type (Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables, Other Crop Types)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Syngenta (Switzerland)
- Marrone Bio Innovation (U.S.)
- Isagro SPA (Italy)
- UPL Ltd. (India)
- Evogene Ltd. (Israel)
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Vegalab (Switzerland)
- Valent LLC (U.S.)
- Stockton Bio AG (Israel)
- Biolchim (Italy)
- Rizobacter Group (France)
- Valagro (Italy)
- Koppert Biological Systems (Netherlands)
- Lallemand (Canada)
- Symborg (Spain)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options