The global Bio-Fungicides Market is valued at USD 1.8 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 4.9 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 15.5% over the forecast period.
Bio-Fungicides are formulations of living organisms that are often used for controlling the activity of plant-based pathogenic fungi and bacteria. The concept of Bio-Fungicides is often based on observing natural processes wherein beneficial microorganisms are usually isolated from soil sources. These microorganisms often hinder the growth of healthy plant pathogens. The global Bio-Fungicides market is expected to be driven by primary drivers such as the rising adoption of traditional seeds towards biological crops combined with increased utilization of sustainable farming practices. Additionally, rising sales of naturally-derived pest-controlled material have increased the demand for Bio-Fungicides and bioinsecticides. Rising consumer preferences have further prompted manufacturers to shift towards environmentally friendly pesticides, fuelling the growth of the global Bio-Fungicides market.
Studies have indicated continuous developments for crop production go a long way toward sustaining a larger populace. This is heavily contributing to the growth of the global Bio-Fungicides market during the forecast period. The rising demand for organic and residue-free food is further prompting the increased utilization of Bio-Fungicides. Increasing chemical fungicide usage has led to the birth of more important pathogens. A constant threat to public health and the environment is on the rise. This is expected to contribute widely to the global Bio-Fungicides market during the forecast period. Continuous focus on research and development activities combined with the rising adoption of organic farming practices is expected to increase the footprint of the global Bio-Fungicides during the forecast period.
Continuous usage of bio fungicides is a healthy way to cultivation cereals, grains, fruits and vegetables, oilseeds, and pulses. Studies indicate that using Bio-Fungicides produces a higher yield of organic vegetables and fruits. The rising demand for such products is leading to the continuous demand of bio-based agricultural products. Increasing demand for widening food solutions is also expected to contribute to global Bio-Fungicides owing to improving food security concerns. However, farmers practicing agriculture within rural areas need access to sufficient Bio-Fungicides products or knowledge. They use chemical fertilizers as they are readily available. Additionally, they can be purchased in a cost-effective nature. These factors are hindering the growth of the global Bio-Fungicides market to a certain nature.
Bio-Fungicides Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The risk of a US recession during the first stage of the global pandemic, from September 2020 to March 2022, was almost non-existent. The likelihood of a recession decreased to 30% and 50%, respectively, in April and May. The chance of a US economic recession increased as a result. To forecast when a recession will end, many recession models are also utilised. These projections state that the short-term shortfall before recessions end will drop to 70%. Early in 2022, the world economy began to accelerate its pace of growth as the lengthy crisis between Russia and Ukraine began to play out. Due to this protracted conflict, the likelihood of a stable growing state has been significantly diminished.
Top Market Trends
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
1. Rising Adoption of Green Farming Practices: The global Bio-Fungicides market is expected to widen its scope during the forecast period owing to a rising demand of organic food practices. This ongoing trend is prompting many farming producers to shift towards lean and green farming practices wherein water and other resources are used in an optimal manner. Constant innovations are taking place in Bio-Fungicides seed treatment practices and microbial fungicides technologies.
2. Integrated Pest Management: During the forecast period, the rising adoption of IPM is expected to widen the growth of the Bio-Fungicides industry. The most common fungicides used during IPM practices are bacillus amyloliquefaciens, bacillus subtilis, trichoderma harzianum, and streptomyces lydicus. These practices utilize benefits for the environment.
3. Rising Concerns Regarding Human Health: Common pesticides can often cause serious harm to human health. Protective equipment has to be often equipped while spraying or utilizing chemical equipment. Additionally, food products produced using such chemicals can often cause serious harm to the human body when consumed in larger qualities, especially among infants and children. The general population is growing knowledgeable towards such production techniques and are shifting towards organic products. This will benefit the global Bio-Fungicides market during the forecast period.
4. Increasing Government Support Towards Sustainable Farming Practices: Global government bodies are constantly putting out various schemes and incentives for farmers to adopt a wide range of Bio-Fungicides or bioinsecticides within their farming practices. Synthetic fertilizers are being restricted in utilization by different farming bodies, promoting the growth of Bio-Fungicides.
The global Bio-Fungicides market can be categorized on the following: Type, Form, Species, End-Use, Application, Crop-Type and Regions. Based on type, the market can be categorized into microbial species and botanical. By form, the market can be segmented across wettable powder, aqueous solution, and granules. By species, the market can be fragmented across bacillus, trichodema, streptomyces, and other species. By application, the market can be split between foliar spray, soil treatment, seed treatment and other modes of application. By crop-type, the market can be segmented across fruits & vegetables, cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, and other crops. Likewise, based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Microbial Species to Account for Largest Market Owing to Higher Effectiveness
The segment of microbial species is expected to account for the largest market share in terms of revenue and share during the forecast period. Factors such as higher efficiency in terms of mode of action than its counterparts are expected to contribute to segmental growth. Additionally, factors such as the integration of parasitism and antibiosis for eliminating harmful fungi will add to microbial species growth. Ease of convenience will further complement growth. The botanical segment will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period due to its cost-effectiveness.
Based on Form
Wettable Solution to Occupy Largest Market Share Due to Versatility in Usage
Wettable solutions will dominate the growth of the global Bio-Fungicides market during the forecast period. Factors such as highly versatile usage and extended shelf life are expected to contribute to segmental development. When combined with irrigation water, an affordable price and practical use will further add value to wettable solutions. Wettable solutions can be combined with seeds before sowing or spraying, which can cover the entirety of the soil. Aqueous solutions are expected to grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to their combinative usage with wettable solutions.
Based on Application
Soil Treatment to Grow Towards the Largest Market Share While Foliar Spray to Grow with the Fastest Growing CAGR
Soil treatment is expected to occupy the largest market share in revenue and share during the forecast period. Fungal injections grow in the soil and the root zone area of plants. This delays the growth of the plants, which can often lead to their deaths. Farmers are increasingly utilizing soil treatment applications for increasing crop yields. These factors are expected to increase the footprint of the global Bio-Fungicides market while fuelling segmental growth. Foliar sprays are expected to grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to the use of convenience and cost-effective nature.
Based on Crop-Type
Fruits & Vegetables to Fuel Largest Market Share Owing to Growing Concerns Regarding Food Security
Fruits and vegetables are expected to dominate the global Bio-Fungicides market in terms of revenue and share during the forecast period. Factors such as rising cereal and grain production owing to increased consumption and a higher profit margin associated with organic grain cultivation are expected to add to the segmental growth. The rising number of organic farming practitioners and growing environment concerns are giving rise to the increased adoption of organic fruits and vegetables, which is expected to widen the segmental growth. Long-term benefits of organic products are increasing sales of organic fruits and vegetables. Cereals and grains will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to increased vegetarian-based diet consumption among the general population.
Based on Region
North America To Dominate Global Share Owing to Shifting Agricultural Practices
The region of North America is expected to dominate the global Bio-Fungicides market during the forecast period in terms of sales and revenue. Factors such as the presence of numerous dominant players in the region and shifting agricultural practices by the practitioners in the area are expected to add to the regional growth. The rising adoption of integrated pest management (IPM) solutions combined with stricter rules and regulations regarding crop protection is expected to drive the sales of Bio-Fungicides towards an incremental scale. A strong focus on using plant-based fungicides has indicated improved yield and pest resistance for substantially impacting the North American Bio-Fungicides market growth.
Asia Pacific is expected to grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising government support for integrating natural agri-inputs within their agricultural practices. Additionally, various strategies and subsidiaries for ensuring increased acceptance of eco-friendly Agri-inputs will widen the market in the region.
The global Bio-Fungicides market is highly fragmented due to the presence of numerous players. These players are focused on developing and maintaining a regional and local company. Additionally, the market is experiencing acquisitions and mergers with like-minded organizations combining their resources to widen their consumer bases. Rising investments in research and development are being made to increase their product portfolios.
The key players in the global Bio-Fungicides market include - BASF SE (Germany), Bayer AG (Germany), Syngenta AG (Switzerland), FMC Corporation (U.S.), Unfirm (Australia), Nufarm (Australia), Novozymes (Denmark), Marron Bio Innovations (U.S.), Koppers Biological Systems (Netherlands), Segro S.P.A. (Italy), Stans & Company Limited (India), Valent Biosciences (U.S.), Curtis U.S.A (U.S.), Ander Matt Biocontrol AG (Switzerland), Leadfree (France), Rhizobacteria (Argentina) among others.
Recent Market Developments:
· August 2021: Syngenta AG announced they were launching Taegro, a new fungicide. This aimed to protect vines and a wide range of horticultural plants from diseases such as powdery mildew and gray rot. The product is extracted from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens species, a naturally occurring bacteria.
· April 2020: Marlon announced they were launching Pacesetter Bio-Fungicides for crops such as corn, soybeans, and wheat. The active ingredients in the Reynoutria extract work with common fungicides to improve plant health.
· March 2020: Bayer Crop Science, a global leader in seed-producing and Life Science companies, announced that they were launching the fungicide, Serenade. Serenade contains QST713, a microorganism, which is a gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium that will be widely distributed towards various habitats.
· March 2020: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced a new rate for crop loans and agricultural conditions for three months by the bank unions that will reduce the interest rate on agricultural loans by 3%.
Segmentation of the Global Bio-Fungicides Market
- Types (Microbial Species, Botanical)
- Forms (Wettable Powder, Aqueous Solution, Granules)
- Species (Bacillus, Trichodema, Streptomyces, Other Specices)
- Applications (Foliar Spray, Soil Treatment, Seed Treatment, Other Applications)
- Crop Types (Fruits & Vegetables, Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Other Crops)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Syngenta AG (Switzerland)
- FMC Corporation (U.S.)
- Unfirm (Australia)
- Nufarm (Australia)
- Novozymes (Denmark)
- Marron Bio Innovations (U.S.)
- Koppers Biological Systems (Netherlands)
- Segro S.P.A. (Italy)
- Stans & Company Limited (India)
- Valent Biosciences (U.S.)
- Curtis U.S.A (U.S.)
- Ander Matt Biocontrol AG (Switzerland)
- Leadfree (France)
- Rhizobacteria (Argentina)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options