In terms of revenue, the Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market is expected to reach USD 980.4 Million by 2030, growing at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 9.2% from 2023 to 2030.
Market growth is fueled by the expanding sepsis diagnostics segment which has come to the forefront ever since the demand for rapid molecular testing kits has gone up during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. The increasing geriatric population in regions like North America and Asia-Pacific has drawn key players to these regions where technological advancements and publicly funded research operations are raising patient awareness. The market will also be positively affected by recent innovations involving the use of micro-electrodes to produce diagnostic results in as little as 2 minutes.
The Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region in the Sepsis Diagnostics market, this growth is attributed to a large geriatric population and a high prevalence of bacterial and viral infections. This growth is attributed to the large geriatric population in this region. Countries like China, India, and the Philippines are expected to be the leading contributors. Bacterial infections alone account for 43% of the market growth observed in the Pathogen segment. The Middle East and Africa region is also experiencing significant market growth although factors like low accessibility to healthcare spaces and relatively less awareness in this region have been an impediment. North America has dominated the market in 2022 due to the availability of advanced healthcare systems, more focus on funding research, and the large presence of key players in the sepsis market. High cost of specialized equipment and proprietary testing methods is expected to slow market growth.
Key Highlights from the Report:
1. Based on the Technology, the rapid advancement of Molecular Diagnostic techniques to supply the growing demand of point of care as well as laboratory testing kits post-pandemic is a huge driver for the sepsis market.
2. Based on the Applications, the Blood Culture Media segment accounted for the largest share of 5% of the global Sepsis Diagnostics market in 2022 and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. An increase in the geriatric population will fuel the use of monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, and synthetic peptides to strengthen the immune system of patients.
3. In terms of region, North America holds the significant market share within the Sepsis Diagnostics market and will continue to dominate during the forecast period. The availability of superior healthcare systems, the presence of key market players, and the ever-growing geriatric populations are the reasons behind this trend.
The market will be positively impacted by rising awareness among patients and medical professionals as new research relating to sepsis-related complications develops. Key players in the Sepsis Diagnostics market and leading medical organizations are joining hands to come up with low-cost, easily accessible, real-time services to help healthcare providers support patients in need.
The North American sepsis market is expected to witness a noteworthy development with a significant growth rate over the analysis period. This can be attributed to the availability of value-added goods like molecular diagnostic kits and the focus on sepsis-centered research to find innovative tools to combat high instances of HAI (Hospital Acquired Infections). The area businesses are introducing products that meet consumer demands.
The Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market is Segmented as follows
- Blood Culture
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Flow Cytometry
- Blood Culture Media
- Assays & Reagents
- Automated Diagnostics
- Conventional Diagnostics
- Bacterial Sepsis
- Fungal Sepsis
- Viral Sepsis
- Other Pathogens
- Test Types
- Laboratory Tests
- Point-of-Care Tests
- End Users
- Hospitals & Specialty Clinics
- Pathology & Reference Laboratories
- Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of the Key Players of the Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market is
bioMérieux SA (France), Becton, Dickinson & Company (U.S.), Pfizer Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), GlaxoSmithKline PLC (U.K.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), Beckman Coulter Inc. (U.S.), Luminex Corp. (U.S.), Amara Health Analytics (U.S.), Mckesson Corp. (U.S.), AbbVie Inc. (Allergan Pharmaceuticals International Limited) (U.S.)
The Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market Scope can be Tabulated as below
|Market Size Provided for Years||2017 - 2030|
|Historic Years||2017 - 2021|
|Forecast Years||2023 - 2030|
|Regions & Counties Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|