The global Sepsis Diagnostics Market is valued at USD 529.5 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 980.4 Million by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 9.2% over the forecast period.
Sepsis Diagnostics is considered the body's extreme reaction to an infection. It is considered to be a life-threatening medical emergency. It happens when the patient has triggered chain reactions throughout their body. The global Sepsis Diagnostics market is expected to widen its footprint during the forecast period owing to the rising prevalence of Sepsis Diagnostics, rising awareness among the general population, and the introduction of technologically advanced diagnostic solutions. An increasing consumer base in terms of vulnerability is another factor contributing to the expanding market. Data from the WHO indicates that in 2018, more than 30 million people were affected by Sepsis Diagnostics. Additionally, this disease can lead to more than 6 million deaths annually. This will be vital for the increased growth of the global Sepsis Diagnostics market.
The ongoing pandemic paved the way for an increased spread of Sepsis Diagnostics infections among the most vulnerable population, mainly the older population. In April 2020, according to the Global Sepsis Diagnostics Alliance, around 30% of COVID-19 patients had evidence of a liver injury, and more than 75% of the users reported a depressed immune response in the United States. Additionally, the same study indicated that the virus responsible for COVID-19 influenza, pneumonia, meningitis, and others were the primary causes of Sepsis Diagnostics among the general population. Hospitalized patients suffering from COVID0-19 also posed a higher risk of developing coinfections. More than 50% of patients in the United States had a secondary infection, while almost 100% of the survivors suffered from Sepsis Diagnostics. 70% of patients further suffered from Sepsis Diagnostics shock. These factors increased the market viability in North America during that period.
Key manufacturers have created lucrative opportunities for strengthening their market position by developing and launching rapid testing kits for Sepsis Diagnostics. Additionally, increasing regulatory approvals and a rising number of products that aim towards technologically advanced products will further widen the scope of the global Sepsis Diagnostics market during the forecast. For instance, in May 2020, Beckman Coulter announced that they were launching its DxH 690T hematology analyzer with early Sepsis Diagnostics indicators in the US. Additionally, in August 2018, Japan-based Sysmex Corp announced that they were launching its new HISCL Presepsin Assay Kit for determining levels of presepsin, the leading indicator for bacterial Sepsis Diagnostics. These factors are expected to add value to the global Sepsis Diagnostics market during the forecast period.
Sepsis Diagnostics Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
In response to inflation, central banks are expected to increase interest rates all over the world. The rise in interest rates is different from trends from the past 50 years. This suggests that a recessive disease will likely appear in 2023. The ongoing confrontation between Russia and Ukraine began in 2014. However, when its troops entered Ukrainian territory in February 2022, Russia made indefensible advances. Since then, Russian troops and artillery barrages have led to an upsurge in civilian casualties on the Ukrainian side. It is projected that the international economy will continue to collapse in the coming years as a result of the ongoing conflict's historic and enormous shock to the energy and resource markets around the globe.
Top Market Trends
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
1. Development of Rapid Diagnostics and POC Techniques for Early Sepsis Diagnostics Diagnosis: Since Sepsis Diagnostics is challenging to identify, it has a high mortality rate. Even minutes of delayed treatment can lead to a fatal diagnosis. The rising need for rapid testing kits to reduce antibiotic therapy delay among patients with Sepsis Diagnostics. Many prominent manufacturers are expanding their product portfolio by offering point-of-care technology for identifying Sepsis Diagnostics and reducing the overall time of diagnosis.
2. Rising Prevalence of HAIs: Hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) are a significant cause of morbidity and mortality on a global scale. The most common infections among the patients are urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and Sepsis Diagnostics. HAIs often led to Sepsis Diagnostics in immunocompromised patients, geriatric patients, and patients suffering from chronic illness. Studies have indicated that a rise of 8.7% in patients suffering from Sepsis Diagnostics among HAIs will be noted.
3. Research and Development Investment to Drive Market: Investments within R&D departments are leading to incremental product development. A diverse product portfolio often helps doctors treat many Sepsis Diagnostics conditions. A Sepsis Diagnostics diagnostic device can identify interleukin-6, a protein biomarker, using a microelectrode biosensor, within three minutes. Such products are alleviating the global Sepsis Diagnostics market.
The global Sepsis Diagnostics market can be categorized on the following: Technology, Product, Method, Pathogen, Test Type, End User, and Regions. Based on technology, the market can be categorized into blood culture, immunoassays, molecular diagnostics, flow cytometry, microfluidics, and biomarkers. By product, the market can be segmented across blood culture media, assays & reagents, instruments, and software. By method, the market can be fragmented across automated diagnostics and conventional diagnostics. By pathogen, the market can be split between bacterial Sepsis Diagnostics, fungal Sepsis Diagnostics, viral Sepsis Diagnostics, and other pathogen. By test type, the market can be fragmented across laboratory tests and point-of-care tests. By end user, the market can be defined into hospitals and specialty clinics, pathology & reference laboratories, and research laboratories & academic institutes. By Likewise, based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Technology
Blood Culture to Occupy Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Sepsis Diagnostics Cases
The segment of blood culture is expected to dominate the largest market share during the forecast period owing to the rising number of Sepsis Diagnostics cases and the rising geriatric population. Additionally, increasing incidences of bloodstream infections and demand for rapid diagnostic techniques are expected to further contribute to segmental growth. Flow cytometry will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to the rising number of surgical procedures.
Based on Product
Blood Culture Media to Dominate Sales Owing to a Cost-Effective Nature
The blood culture media segment is expected to occupy the largest market share during the forecast period owing to its cost-effective nature, according to many clinicians. Additionally, rising consumer awareness regarding Sepsis Diagnostics and its wide variety of treatments is expected to contribute to the segmental value. A higher prevalence of infectious diseases will add value to the blood culture media segment. Instruments are expected to grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising awareness among the general population about healthcare and the rising rate of surgical procedures.
Based on Pathogen
Bacterial Sepsis Diagnostics to Account for the Largest Market Share Owing to Accurate Detection and Identification of Microorganism
The bacterial Sepsis Diagnostics pathogen will hold the dominant market share for the global Sepsis Diagnostics market during the forecast period as it is an accurate method for detecting microorganisms at a precise pace. This is conducted using a wide range of culture media tests. Also, prominent manufacturers are developing new strategies for cultivating numerous bacterial Sepsis Diagnostics applications. The rising number of hospital-transmitted infections and an increasing number of surgeries is expected to contribute to the segmental growth. The fungal Sepsis Diagnostics segment will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period introduction of a wide variety of Sepsis Diagnostics diagnosis devices for detection purposes.
Based on Testing Type
Laboratory Testing to Dominate Market While POC Testing to Grow with the Fastest CAGR
Laboratory testing will account for the majority of the market share for the global Sepsis Diagnostics market during the forecast period. Factors such as a higher precision compared to POC testing will add value to the segmental growth. Additionally, clinical laboratory testing provides an in-depth analysis of the pathogen and its drug resistance profile. Also, routine testing of lactate levels is performed during laboratory testing. These factors are expected to contribute to the growth of the global Sepsis Diagnostics market during the forecast period. POC testing will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to the increasing reliance on this testing method.
Based on End User
Hospitals and Speciality Clinics to Dominate Global Market Owing to A Huge Outflow of Patients
Hospitals and specialty clinics are expected to contribute the maximum value to the global Sepsis Diagnostics market during the forecast period. An increased outflow of patients visiting hospitals and a rising Sepsis Diagnostics prevalence within the grounds are expected to contribute to the segmental value during the forecast period. Additionally, factors such as a large number of fatalities caused by various illnesses, a rising number of hospitalized patients suffering from Sepsis Diagnostics, and a large number of equipment that can be used for treating numerous Sepsis Diagnostics conditions will increase the footprint of the segmental value. Pathology laboratories and references will account for the largest market share during the forecast period owing to increased reliance by consumers on small-scale laboratories.
Based on Region
North America to Fuel Largest Market Share Owing to the Presence of a Well-Established Healthcare Infrastructure
The global Sepsis Diagnostics market is expected to be dominated by the North American region in terms of revenue and sales. Factors such as the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure and higher adoption of advanced diagnostic solutions are expected to increase the footprint of the North American Sepsis Diagnostics market. Additionally, the strong presence of dominant regional players and a supportive government policy supporting reimbursement policies will account for widespread market growth. Increasing incidences of Sepsis Diagnostics and infectious diseases, along with a large senior population, are expected to further enhance the growth trajectory of the North American Sepsis Diagnostics market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising demand for Sepsis Diagnostics diagnosis solutions from economies such as China, India, Japan, and Australia. Additionally, increased penetration of international players within the region is expected to impact the growth trajectory exhaustively.
Get Free Sample
The global Sepsis Diagnostics market is marked by dominant players focusing on adopting inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions and partnerships for developing the latest generation of Sepsis Diagnostics diagnostic treatments. Additionally, investing heavily in research and development departments is improving a diverse product portfolio, leading to broader product adoption.
The key players in the global Sepsis Diagnostics market include - bioMérieux SA (France), Becton, Dickinson & Company (U.S.), Pfizer Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), GlaxoSmithKline PLC (U.K.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), Beckman Coulter Inc. (U.S.), Luminex Corp. (U.S.), Amara Health Analytics (U.S.), Mckesson Corp. (U.S.), AbbVie Inc. (Allergan Pharmaceuticals International Limited) (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments:
· December 2021: SeptiCyte RAPID, a product that Immunoexpress launched, was granted approval by the United States Food and Administration (USFDA).
· October 2021: Prenosis Inc. announced that they were exceeding their deal with Roche Diagnosis for increasing the speed of clinical diagnosis of Sepsis Diagnostics.
· January 2020: Roche and Inotrem SA, a France-based company, announced that they were forming a partnership to commercialize a companion diagnosis test used for treating septic shock.
· May 2020: Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (DARPA) announced they were collaborating with the Beckman Coulter to develop a digital algorithm for identifying Sepsis Diagnostics in patients with COVID-19.
Segmentation of the Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market
- Technologies (Blood Culture, Immunoassays, Molecular Diagnostics, Flow Cytometry, Microfluidics, Biomarkers)
- Products (Blood Culture Media, Assays & Reagents, Instruments, Software)
- Methods (Automated Diagnostics, Conventional Diagnostics)
- Pathogens (Bacterial Sepsis, Fungal Sepsis, Viral Sepsis, Other Pathogens)
- Test Types (Laboratory Tests, Point-of-Care Tests)
- End Users (Hospitals & Specialty Clinics, Pathology & Reference Laboratories, Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- bioMérieux SA (France)
- Dickinson & Company (U.S.)
- Pfizer Inc. (U.S.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC (U.K.)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland)
- Beckman Coulter Inc. (U.S.)
- Luminex Corp. (U.S.)
- Amara Health Analytics (U.S.)
- Mckesson Corp. (U.S.)
- AbbVie Inc. (Allergan Pharmaceuticals International Limited) (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options