The Brushless DC Motor Market to Reach Valuation of USD 23.52 Billion by 2028; Increasing Demand for Smart Cities to Drive the Market
In terms of revenue, the Global Brushless DC motor market is expected to reach USD 23.52 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 8.43% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing demand in processing industries to gain high torque to weight ratio, reliability, reduce noise and erosion are the key reasons to adopt brushless DC motors. Also, an increase in industrialization and improving process-related problems by using brushless DC motors are driving the market.
- Under the Type segment, the Inner rotor sub-segment is anticipated to dominate the segment for Brushless DC Motor Market and grow at a CAGR of 9.9%. This is attributed due to the growing size of processing industries and demand for high efficiency.
- The end-User segment held a market share of 45% in 2021. The consumer electronic sub-segment is expected to grow as the majority of the appliances work on brushless DC motors as its consumers have less energy and a high lifespan.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 10.6% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing industrialization and urbanization in major countries such as India and China are expected to generate huge revenue from the Brushless DC Motor Market.
- One of the restraining factors for brushless DC motors is the cost of these motors is comparatively higher as compared to brushed DC motor and the electronic controller also increases the cost of overall setup, as in a traditional motor, a low-cost mechanical commutation setup involving brushes is used.
Some of the key players in the Brushless DC Motor Market include AMETEK, Allied Motion, Nidec Corporation, Johnson Electric, MinebeaMitsumi, Maxon Motor, Regal Beloit Corporation, Oriental Motor, Portescap, and ElectroCraft. For instance, in Nidec Technology has a significant amount of experience in the fields of small brushless DC motors. The company has an 80% share of the global market for HDD spindle motors, a 60% share of the global market for DVD (Brushless DC motor) and other ODD motors, and a 40% share of the global market for fan motors. Nidec technology operates in the field of small precision motors that have experienced the most rapid shift to brushless motors.
Brushless DC motors have better performance and efficiency as compared to brushed DC motors due to the involvement of electronic control enabling high-level control over the speed and position of the motor. The Brushless DC motor lifespan is approximately 6 times higher than the counter brushed DC motor. In the brushless DC motor, the rotor, made of a permanent magnet, is driven by the magnetic force of the stator's winding circuit while the brush DC motor uses a brush and commutator for current switching; the brushless DC motor uses a sensor and an electronic circuit for current switching. The development of this motor has been made possible due to the evolution of semiconductor and peripheral device technologies. This motor has advantageous characteristics of DC motors (current and voltage are respectively proportional to torque and rotating speed) and AC motors (brushless structure). Features of the brushless DC motor include compact size, high output, long life, and no generation of sparks and noise, and it is used in a wide range of applications from PCs to home appliances.
The emerging demand from economies of the Asia Pacific such as India, China, Indonesia, and Thailand are expected to fuel the growth of the Brushless DC Motor Market in the coming years. In 2020, countries such as India and China in the Asia Pacific region shared the highest GAGR of 12.2%. The reason for the growth of the Brushless DC Motor Market is the growing processing industry, lower cost of labor, and major investment made by key manufacturers.
The Brushless DC Motor is segmented as follows:
Global Brushless DC Motor Market: Type Segment Analysis
- Inner Rotor Brushless DC Motors
- Outer Rotor Brushless DC Motors
Global Brushless DC Motor Market: End User Segment Analysis
- Industrial Machinery
- HVAC Industry
Global Brushless DC Motor Market: Segment Analysis
Global Brushless DC Motor Market: Segment Analysis
Browse market data Tables and Figures
Pages and in-depth TOC on "Brushless DC Motor Market by Type (Inner Rotor Brushless DC Motors, Outer Rotor Brushless DC Motors), by End User (Industrial Machinery, Automotive, Healthcare, HVAC Industry, Others), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa) - Global Industry Assessment (2016 - 2021) & Forecast (2022 - 2028)"
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Vantage Market Research is a reputed company committed to providing high quality data and market research services. The company provides quantified B2B high quality research on more than 20,000 emerging markets. The company offers detailed reports on multiple industries including chemical materials and energy, food and beverages, healthcare, technology, etc. The company comprises over 125 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,100 market research reports to its vast database every year. The company’s clientele base spans across 70% of the Global Fortune 500 companies.