Biopolymer Coatings Market to Reach Valuation of USD 1,440 Billion by 2028 – Increasing Demand in the Packaging Industry Drives the Market
In terms of revenue, the Global Biopolymer Coatings Market is expected to reach USD 1,440 Billion by 2028, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.2% from 2022 to 2028.
Increasing demand in the packaging industry and a lack of harmful effects are anticipated to augment the growth of the Biopolymer Coatings market during the forecast period.
Key Highlights from Report:
- The Biopolymer Coatings segment used in the food sector has increased in recent years as they are low cost and they are biodegradable. There is no requirement to spend it on environmental protection activities. They are the best alternatives to the traditional material and also more eco friendly than the later. The Biopolymer Coatings restricts the Oxygen to pass, and this increases the shelf life of food. This advantage of the coating is expected to support segmental growth.
- The barrier coating segment made of naturally renewable biopolymers can be utilized on paper packing materials. These Biopolymer Coatingss have the potential to replace present synthetic paper and paperboard coatings by preventing undesirable moisture transfer in food goods, acting as good oxygen and oil barriers, and being biodegradable.
- is expected to grow at the fastest Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) during the forecast period. The growing environmental issues of vandalism and waste disposal and the shift of consumer focus from plastic to paper and the use of cardboard should advance the packaging industry. The growing demand for paper packaging due to the expansion of the food and beverage industry should further boost the market size of biopolymer garments.
The healthcare sector is an important market for Biopolymer Coatingss. The growing need to replace oil-based packaging for clothing and bio-based containers may provide not only the upper hand due to a more sustainable and green image but also other specialized structures. The potential economy uses, for the most part, bio-mass raw materials designed for high volume, for example, packaging. The latest technology in the packaging industry focuses on low-cost products with reduced fuel consumption, transportation costs, and waste limitations. Interest in the potential factors associated with barriers to complementary development will continue to further the development of this market. Since films with a single layer of biopolymer do not usually have a strong boundary against synthetic films, the combination of individual layers in multiple layer structures is important. With multi-layer buildings, special structures can be greatly improved. The basic structures that allow the use of Biopolymer Coatingss in the packaging of various food products are good structures for prevention, flexibility, transparency, economic benefits, and environmental compliance.
Rising demand for the product due to its benefits over traditional oil-based coating resins, as well as a shift in end-user choices toward environmental goods that release no toxic emissions into the environment, are driving the market for Biopolymer Coatingss. Because of their low oxygen, high flexibility, stiff mechanical strength, and water vapor permeability qualities, Biopolymer Coatingss are employed as protective shields for packaging goods. Biopolymer Coatings refers to the use of polymers such as DNA, RNA, starch, cellulose, and proteins that are sourced from living creatures. Because bio-polymers are derived from natural components, they are considered to be more eco-friendly than synthetic alternatives. The use of Biopolymer Coatingss by several organizations as a tool to enhance their brand image among customers by projecting themselves as eco-friendly organizations, as well as the increasing popularity of lightweight coating materials to limit transportation costs and reduce waste material, are driving the Biopolymer Coatingss market growth. Furthermore, expanding urbanization and industrialization, increased Research and Development (R&D) activities, a shift toward environmentally friendly solutions, increased awareness of the environmental impact, and the implementation of severe regulations all benefit the market.
held the largest share in 2021. Due to the growing food and packaging industry, the implementation of eco-friendly concepts, and rising industrialization and technology in the region. Also, the growing demand for green technologies and government support for renewable energy sources in the region is expected to boost the market growth in the forecast period.
The Biopolymer Coatings Market is segmented as follows:
- Bio Polyurethane (PU) Coating
- Bio Polyamide (PA) Coatings
- Bio Polybutylene Succinate (PBS) Coatings
- Cellulose Esters
- Wax Coatings
- Soy Protein Coatings
- Corn Zein Protein Coating
End User Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Healthcare Equipment
- Other End Users
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Browse market data Tables and Figures
Pages and in-depth TOC on "Biopolymer Coatings Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Bio Polyurethane (PU) Coating, Bio Polyamide (PA) Coatings, Bio Polybutylene Succinate (PBS) Coatings, Cellulose Esters), by End Use Industry (Packaging, Food & Beverages, Automotive, Construction), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa) - Global Industry Assessment (2016 - 2021) & Forecast (2022 - 2028)"
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Vantage Market Research is a reputed company committed to providing high quality data and market research services. The company provides quantified B2B high quality research on more than 20,000 emerging markets. The company offers detailed reports on multiple industries including chemical materials and energy, food and beverages, healthcare, technology, etc. The company comprises over 125 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,100 market research reports to its vast database every year. The company’s clientele base spans across 70% of the Global Fortune 500 companies.