Global Vitamin D Testing Market is valued at USD 551.76 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 784.65 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 4.50% over the forecast period.
Vitamin D enhances the ability of the metabolic system to absorb calcium. It helps regulate calcium and phosphate levels in the blood. In addition, adequate vitamin levels in the body aid in bone mineralization, hence preventing disorders such as uncontrollable muscle contractions. In addition, vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy can lead to disorders such as diabetes and preterm birth. Vitamin D is classified into two forms based on its origin: Vitamin D2, which is manufactured artificially and added to food, and Vitamin D3, which is produced naturally in human skin and also found in animal-derived foods. These vitamins are essential for a variety of functions in the human body, including reducing inflammation, boosting the immune system, and increasing neuromuscular actions. Increasing chronic disease prevalence and an aging population are expected to stimulate market revenue growth opportunities throughout the forecast period.
Vitamin D Testing Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The Vitamin D Testing market is segmented on the basis of Product, Test Type, Application, and Region. Based on the Products, the market is segmented into Kits, Reagents, and Instruments. Furthermore, based on the Test Type, the market is further divided into 25 Hydroxy Vitamin D Test & 1, 25 Dihydroxy Vitamin D Test. In addition, based on the Applications, the market is further bifurcated into Clinical Testing, and Research Testing. Likewise, based on the Region, the Global Vitamin D Testing Market is further segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Test Type
25-hydroxy Vitamin D Testing category dominated the market in 2021
This segment's predicted revenue growth will be driven by the increasing prevalence of vitamin D deficiency diseases, such as rickets, osteomalacia, and muscle cramps; ongoing research in this field; and this test's ability to correctly identify bone abnormalities. Due to the ease of testing with blood samples, this testing method is also the most preferred among medical experts. In addition, the availability of several commercial products for testing contributes to the expansion of the 25-hydroxy vitamin D market segment. During the forecast period, the need for testing will increase due to a rise in people's health consciousness.
Based on Application
Research testing segment accounted for the largest market share in 2021
Researchers examining dietary consumption in relation to uncommon diseases are proliferating as a result of increased R&D funding for research facilities and institutions. These institutions are continually engaged in research to determine whether vitamin D levels and illnesses are related. Atopic dermatitis, inflammation, chronic obstructive pulmonary illnesses, and rheumatic disorders are some of the indications requiring the use of Vitamin D Testing. Additionally, the market is expanding as a result of clinical trials for COVID-19 that test for vitamin D levels and assess those levels.
Based on Regional Analysis
Europe is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Europe is accounted to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Increased government institute R&D spending and an increase in Vitamin D Testing -related clinical studies are the factors driving the European market for Vitamin D Testing. The existence of important market participants such as Siemens Corporation, bioMérieux SA, and DiaSorin S.p.A. also contributes significantly to market expansion. Furthermore, the region's market for Vitamin D Testing is expanding due to the rising senior population suffering from orthopedic ailments.
The key players in the Vitamin D Testing market include- bioMérieux SA (France), Abbott Laboratories (US), Beckman Coulter (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific (US), Mindray (China), Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), Siemens Corporation (Germany), Quest Diagnostics Inc. (US), DiaSorin S.p.A. (Italy)
Maccura (China) and others.
· In February 2022, LifeLabs introduced a new method for 25-OH Vitamin D. The combination of the 25-OH Vitamin D collection tube with the other high-volume chemical assays improves testing automation and specimen collecting. There won't be a need for a separate collection tube for 25-OH vitamin D.
· In April 2022, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) launched a new initiative to encourage the consumption of vitamin D, which includes raising the use of fortified foods and beverages. This initiative will rise the demand for Vitamin D Testing in the market
Segmentation of Vitamin D Testing Market
- Product (Kits, Reagents, Instruments)
- Test Type (25 Hydroxy Vitamin D Test, 1, 25 Dihydroxy Vitamin D Test)
- Application (Clinical Testing, Research Testing)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- bioMérieux SA (France)
- Abbott Laboratories (US)
- Beckman Coulter (US)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (US)
- Mindray (China)
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland)
- Siemens Corporation (Germany)
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. (US)
- DiaSorin S.p.A. (Italy)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options