The global Thermal Camera Market is valued at USD 6.37 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 10.22 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 6.10% over the forecast period.
A Thermal Camera is a non-contact technology that detects and converts infrared radiation into a photographic image. Demand for Thermal Camera in the automotive and healthcare industries is predicted to drive global revenue growth. Manufacturing and logistics, law enforcement, homeland security, construction, and agriculture are all industries that use thermal imaging equipment. However, several impediments to market expansion are expected. Thermal Camera are only accessible in limited configurations for edge applications due to their large shape and high processing requirements.
Thermal Camera Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
There is a significant rise in the number of people seeking thermal imaging solutions worldwide. This rising demand is largely regarded as the major driver of the market's expansion. Healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, defense, and military are some of the industries that require improved thermal imaging. This particular industry, predicted to continue growing, has benefited greatly from the widespread use of advanced driver assistance technologies.
The increasing implementation of Thermal Camera in various end-use verticals such as healthcare & life science, military & defense, and manufacturing is driving the market expansion. Rapid advances in the internet of things (IoT) and machine learning (ML) have created new opportunities for industrial use. These developments have resulted in deploying a wide range of sensors to monitor environmental and physiological data. Recent advancements in thermal imaging technology have made it a viable option for monitoring physiological aspects, including skin temperature detection, tumor evaluation, and many other specialized fields. By potentially assessing machine faults and identifying hotspots that could cause costly production losses and manufacturing downtime, incorporating Thermal Camera into predictive maintenance is assisting manufacturers in saving money.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Although thermal imaging technology is safe and quiet, it has several drawbacks similar to other technologies. The price of these cameras is preventing wider adoption. Because they are temperature-based, the weather affects these devices, and the visual contrast is low. The main barrier to the widespread use of infrared thermal imaging systems is their high cost. Still, because of the development of non-cooled infrared plane arrays, they may offer good resolution and efficiency at reasonable costs. Potential prices of Thermal Camera can be greatly decreased by the advancement of innovations, breakthroughs in core advancements, and improved production performance.
Top Market Trends
1. Increasing adoption for security & surveillance applications: For accurate temperature detection, Thermal Camera are useful in a variety of applications. They are becoming increasingly popular due to features like false alarm detection, which reduces the overall cost of ownership by saving time and resources. These cameras virtually eliminate all issues with conventional outdoor cameras, offering much-improved processing, precision, and efficiency, along with a large decrease in false alarms.
2. Growing usage of Thermal Camera in automotive testing applications: The automobile testing industry has a wide range of uses for Thermal Camera, including computer architecture, vehicle temperature control, monitoring of brakes, tires, and engines, as well as testing of next-generation internal combustion and electric propulsion systems. Additionally, as thermal imaging technology becomes more portable, affordable, and sophisticated, the use of these cameras will start to rise along with the industry's expanding demands.
3. Rising demand from the oil & gas industry to detect leakages: The oil and gas industry deals with a variety of maintenance issues, including valves, turbines, generators, and pipe failures that result in fugitive emissions and hazardous gas leaks into the atmosphere. It can be challenging and time-consuming to locate invisible oil and gas leaks using traditional inspection techniques, especially when several components need to be checked. In the oil and gas sector, Thermal Camera are frequently used as preventive maintenance tools to identify leaks in reservoirs, pipelines, and installations.
The Thermal Camera Market is segmented into the segmentation categories- Type, Technology, Product, Wavelength, Application, End User, and Region. Based on Types, the market is classified into Handheld and Fixed/ Mounted. Based on Technology, the market is segmented into Uncooled and Cooled. Moreover, based on Products, the market is divided into Thermal modules, Thermal Scopes, and Thermal Camera. In addition, based on Wavelength, the market is divided into Mid-wave Infrared, Short-wave Infrared, and Long-wave Infrared. Additionally, based on Applications, the market is segmented into Security & Surveillance, Monitoring & Inspection, Detection & Measurement, and Others. Moreover, based on End Users, the market is divided into Manufacturing, Residential, Oil & Gas, Automotive, Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Aerospace & Defense, and Others. In addition, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Types
Handheld Thermal Camera Is the Principal Revenue Contributor in the Market Due to the Wide Range of Applications
The Handheld segment has dominated the market with the largest revenue share in 2021 because of its wider range of applications, including thermal imaging, predictive maintenance, and medical imaging. The need for these cameras has also increased due to the rising demand for these tools to measure body temperature and other healthcare-related applications. Mount Thermal Camera are crucial for applications including early fire warning, smoke detection, protection, and surveillance, in addition to being used to boost manufacturing productivity or optimize quality assurance. The fixed type of segment holds a significant market share since it is mostly employed in CCTV cameras used for surveillance. For security reasons, these cameras are typically permanently installed in a certain location. Because no one needs to be scanned, it is easier to find objects or living things.
Based on Technology
The Cooled Segment Accounted for The Highest Revenue Share in the Market Due to
In 2021, the Cooled segment held the largest share of the market. The thermal imaging systems with cooled detectors are anticipated to experience rapid acceptance during the forecast period, primarily because of their quick capture rate and broad thermal isolation band. Cooled cameras typically have wider magnification capacities because they use shorter infrared wavelengths for sensing. Lenses with more optical elements or larger components can be employed without lowering the signal-to-noise ratio to boost the magnification efficiency since cooled cameras have stronger resistance qualities.
Based on Products
Thermal Camera Generates Highest Revenue in the Market Due to Growing Usage Among Various Industries
The Thermal Camera dominated the market in 2021 due to its numerous uses across numerous industries. To prevent fraud, the commercial sector has extensively used infrared cameras. To give inhabitants the utmost level of security, Thermal Camera have also been widely used in residential areas. These cameras are also widely used in the defense and military sectors for optimal protection in restricted zones and places. Furthermore, due to its widespread use in the defense and military industries, the thermal scopes market has become one of the fastest-growing segments. Due to its lightweight and compact form, this segment has kept a sizable market share. Most consumers choose this particular piece of equipment as their first pick because of how little power it uses to operate.
Based on the End Users
Healthcare Segment Holds the Largest Share of The Market Due to Rising Demand from Hospitals
Thermal Camera is being used by healthcare organizations worldwide to record and capture variations in skin temperature for diagnostic purposes. Researchers get information on metabolic and vascular processes by analyzing thermal pictures taken by cameras to spot abnormal physiological changes. These tools also look at a wide range of illnesses where the skin's temperature may reveal inflammation or injury to the underlying tissues or if blood flow is altered due to a clinical deformity. Most clinicians now use thermal imaging equipment to identify various illnesses, including circulatory issues, arthritis, recurring strain trauma, and body aches.
Based on Region
North America is Largest Revenue Contributor Due to Increasing Demand from Manufacturing Industry Across the Region
North America dominated the market with the largest share in 2021 due to the rising demand for thermal imaging technology in the manufacturing and commercial sectors. Additionally, the military & defense sector's booming need for these cameras for security and surveillance applications is anticipated to benefit the market's expansion in North America. IoT and sophisticated thermal imaging solutions are being implemented more slowly than initially anticipated, and semiconductor businesses are helping to accelerate the development of all emerging imaging technologies. The technical potential of thermal technology, including its ability to capture and interpret large amounts of industrial data that could contribute to the management of industrial safety and compliance while enhancing protection, financial stability, and other factors, is the main focus of developers and business leaders in the region. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific is predicted to grow at a significant CAGR during the projected period due to the escalation of border conflicts between nations like China and India. These conflicts force countries to increase their military spending and provide their armed forces with cutting-edge monitoring equipment like Thermal Camera.
The global Thermal Camera market is dominated by companies such as Axis Communications AB and FLIR Systems Inc. because of their unique products, financial stability, strategic advances, and global reach. The participants are focusing their efforts on promoting R&D. Additionally; they support strategic expansion activities, including product launches, joint ventures, and partnerships to expand their client base and boost their market position. Some of the major players in the Global Thermal Camera Market include- Axis Communications AB (Sweden), FLIR Systems Inc. (U.S.), InfraTec GmbH Infrarotsensorik und Messtechnik (Germany), InView Technology Corporation (U.S.), IRCameras LLC (U.S.), Leonardo S.P.A. (U.S.), Lynred (France), New Imaging Technologies (France), Princeton Infrared Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), SATIR (Ireland), Seek Thermal (U.S.), Sierra-Olympic Systems Inc. (U.S.), to name a few.
Recent Market Developments
- In October 2022, FLIR launched a new Thermal Camera, The FLIR One Edge Pro. It was introduced as an upgrade to the FLIR One Edge that was already available. The brand-new FLIR One Edge Pro is available with an improved form factor. It is simple to fasten to the smartphone's back panel. You can also get the output without connecting the lens to your smartphone. The photographs captured by the lens can be wirelessly transferred directly to the smartphone.
- In January 2021, Bispectral PTZ cameras with integrated Thermal Camera were introduced by Axis Communications AB as the AXIS Q8752-E. This camera allows for a 3x zoom for accurate verification and detection in all lighting and weather circumstances. The introduction of this product is anticipated to accelerate the use of Thermal Camera across a range of industrial applications.
Segmentation of the Global Thermal Camera Market
- Types (Handheld, Fixed/ Mounted)
- Technology (Uncooled, Cooled)
- Products (Thermal Modules, Thermal Scopes, Thermal Camera)
- Wavelengths (Mid-wave Infrared, Short-wave Infrared, Long-wave Infrared)
- Applications (Security & Surveillance, Monitoring & Inspection, Detection & Measurement, Other Applications)
- End Users (Manufacturing, Residential Oil & Gas, Automotive, Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Aerospace & Defense, Other End Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Axis Communications AB (Sweden)
- FLIR Systems Inc. (U.S.)
- InfraTec GmbH Infrarotsensorik und Messtechnik (Germany)
- InView Technology Corporation (U.S.)
- IRCameras LLC (U.S.)
- Leonardo S.P.A. (U.S.)
- Lynred (France)
- New Imaging Technologies (France)
- Princeton Infrared Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
- SATIR (Ireland)
- Seek Thermal (U.S.)
- Sierra-Olympic Systems Inc. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options