The global Superhydrophobic Coating Market is valued at USD 18.5 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 110 Million by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 25.2% between 2023 and 2030.
According to data from the Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTA), The United States exported more textiles and clothing in 2022 than it did the year before. A division of the Department of Commerce of the United States. Exports grew from USD 10.99 billion to USD 12.44 billion over the same period in 2022. According to the National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO), the value of shipments of man-made fiber, textiles, and clothing from the United States reached USD 65 billion in 2021. According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), the textile production volume reached an all-time high of USD 46 billion in November 2022. Approximately three billion meters of clothing fabric were produced in China in October 2022. China is the largest textile-producing and exporting country in the world. With its rapid growth over the last two decades, the Chinese textile industry has become one of the main pillars of the country's economy. In February 2022, the Chinese textile export reached an all-time high of USD 24,741 million. The Superhydrophobic Coating has multiple uses in the antibacterial and antifogging fields, which accounts for its widespread use in the footwear sector. 22.2 billion pairs of shoes were made worldwide in 2021. Over a little under 90% of the world's footwear is produced in Asia. In 2019, there were 9% more light electric vehicles worldwide (2,264,400 units) than in 2018. The year 2020 has been successful for electric automobiles. According to EV volume, the number of electric vehicles was 3,24 million, up from 2,26 million the year before. As a result, the research period's need for coatings, such as superhydrophobic, is being driven by the recent increase in demand for electric vehicles.
Superhydrophobic Coating Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
- North America generated more than 42.00% of revenue share in 2022,
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR from 2023 to 2030,
- By Product type, the Anti-microbial segment contributed more than 27% of revenue share in 2022,
- By End-user, the textile and footwear segment registered more than 42% of revenue share in 2022,
- By the Component, services recorded the most significant market share in 2022.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The increasing demand for Superhydrophobic Coatings has significantly influenced the market across numerous industries, including automotive, aerospace, electronics, and healthcare. The world's leading producer and exporter of textiles is China. The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology estimates that in 2020, China's textile and apparel exports will increase by 9.6% annually to USD 291.22 billion. With a turnover of 162 billion euros and exports of 61 billion euros in 2019, the textile and apparel industries in the European Union rank among the top ones in terms of manufacturing output. With a GDP contribution of about 2%, India's textile industry is one of the most important economic sectors. After China, India is the second-largest producer and exporter of clothing and textiles worldwide. One of the oldest industries in the Indian economy, the textile industry has a long history.
Developing country governments are putting policies into place to strengthen their economies, which has a favorable effect on market statistics. For instance, Indian scientists from the International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI) created super-hydrophobic coatings in December 2021 that can improve stainless steel's resistance to corrosion. The group investigated the breakthrough and plans to employ it in industrial settings for the nuclear, maritime, equipment, electronic parts, pipes, and power industries.
Top Market Trends
- Growing Need for Waterproofing Solutions: The demand for Superhydrophobic Coatings is being driven by the expanding need for sophisticated waterproofing solutions across industries like electronics, automotive, aerospace, and construction. These coatings are highly sought after in various applications because they offer great water repellency, self-cleaning capabilities, and corrosion resistance.
- Focus on Sustainability and Environmental Regulations: The market is shifting toward environmentally friendly and sustainable coating solutions. With their water-based formulas and lower VOC emissions, Superhydrophobic Coatings are gaining popularity as more eco-friendly substitutes for conventional hydrophobic coatings. Strict environmental restrictions and an increasing focus on sustainability are pushing the use of such coatings.
- Technological Innovation: The efficacy and durability of these coatings are being improved by ongoing technical innovations in Superhydrophobic Coating compositions and application techniques. The possible uses for Superhydrophobic Coatings are being expanded, and their overall efficacy is being improved, thanks to innovations like nanostructured coatings and hybrid materials.
- Growing Research and Development Activities: To improve the capabilities of Superhydrophobic Coatings, businesses are investing heavily in research and development. To fulfill changing market demands and tackle issues like cost-effectiveness and scalability, ongoing R&D activities are concentrated on enhancing coating performance, creating new application methods, and investigating innovative materials.
The Global Superhydrophobic Coatings market can be categorized into Product, End User, and Region.
The Global Superhydrophobic Coatings Market can be segmented by Product Type into Anti-corrosion, Anti-icing, Self-cleaning, and Anti-wetting. Furthermore, based on the End User, the market is segmented into Textile and Footwear, Automotive, Building, Construction, and Upcoming End-user Industries. Likewise, based on Region, the Superhydrophobic Coatings Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product Type
Anti-Microbial to Account for the Largest Market Share
The Anti-Microbial Superhydrophobic Coatings market segment is anticipated to hold the biggest market share by product type. The expansion of this market has been fueled by the rising demand for products that offer both water-repellency and antibacterial qualities. Anti-microbial coatings are highly sought after in sectors including healthcare, food processing, and packaging because they provide the additional benefit of limiting the growth and spread of bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms.
Based on the End User
Textile & Footwear in the End-User Segment are Expected to have a Higher Market Share
Superhydrophobic Coatings are used by the textile industry to improve materials' water-repellency and stain resistance, keeping them dry and hygienic. These coatings are used in the footwear industry to make shoes and other types of footwear water-resistant, shielding them from moisture and enhancing their toughness. Due to the widespread adoption of Superhydrophobic Coatings to satisfy consumer expectations for practical and long-lasting products, these industries are predicted to have a sizable market share with the rising demand for water-repellent and stain-resistant textiles and footwear.
Based on Region
North America accounted for the Most Significant Revenue
The dominance of North America in the world market can be traced to several vital aspects. The presence of an established industrial base, improvements in coating technology, and a strong emphasis on R&D are major reasons for the region's dominance. Significant demand for Superhydrophobic Coatings has also been seen in various end-user sectors, including electronics, automotive, and aerospace. Adopting eco-friendly coating options like Superhydrophobic Coatings has also been aided by the region's strict legislation protecting consumer safety and environmental sustainability. As a result, North America has become a significant market for Superhydrophobic Coatings, contributing significantly to the region's economic prosperity.
The Superhydrophobic Coatings market is competitive and fragmented. The market has numerous players, including large companies and smaller specialized manufacturers. The key players in the market are concentrating on R&D operations to produce new and improved coatings with improved characteristics and performance. To increase their product offerings and geographic reach, they also engage in strategic alliances, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
For instance, in January 2022, NEI Corporation announced that customers can now order from an expanded selection of cathode, anode, and solid electrolyte materials for lithium-ion and sodium-ion batteries. The company, a leader in developing, manufacturing, and supplying specialty materials, has been a go-to organization for producing and delivering custom powders and dispersions of particles in liquids and polymers, as well as electrodes cast on metal foil.
Some of the key players are Aculon (U.S.), Advanced Nanotech Lab (India), Beijing Neatrition Tech Co. Ltd. (China), Cytonix Lab (U.S.), DryWired (U.S.), Lotus Leaf Coatings Inc. (U.S.), Nanex Co. (U.S.), Nasiol Nano Coating (Turkey), NEI Corp. (U.S.), NTT Advanced Technology Corp. (U.S.), P2i Ltd. (UK), Pearl Nano LLC (U.S.), Rust Oleum (U.S.), The Sherwin Williams Company (U.S.), UltraTech International Inc. (U.S.), to name a few.
Recent Market Developments
- January 2022: Advanced Nanotech Lab announced its private label manufacturing of 9H ceramic coating, 10H ceramic coating, and a few hybrid variants for one of Asia's largest automotive lubricant manufacturers. Advanced Nanotech Lab announced its private label manufacturing of 9H ceramic coating, 10H ceramic coating, and a few hybrid variants for one of Asia's largest automotive lubricant manufacturers.
- 2021: Henkel AG & Co collaborated with Extra Horizon. This collaboration will assist the firm in introducing the digitization of the healthcare industry by utilizing Henkel’s proficiency in advanced material solutions.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Product Type (Anti-corrosion, Anti-icing, Self-cleaning, Anti-wetting)
- End-User Industry (Textile & Footwear, Automotive, Building & Construction, Upcoming End-user Industries)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Aculon (U.S.)
- Advanced Nanotech Lab (India)
- Beijing Neatrition Tech Co. Ltd. (China)
- Cytonix Lab (U.S.)
- DryWired (U.S.)
- Lotus Leaf Coatings Inc. (U.S.)
- Nanex Co. (U.S.)
- Nasiol Nano Coating (Turkey)
- NEI Corp. (U.S.)
- NTT Advanced Technology Corp. (U.S.)
- P2i Ltd. (UK)
- Pearl Nano LLC (U.S.)
- Rust Oleum (U.S.)
- The Sherwin Williams Company (U.S.)
- UltraTech International Inc. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options