The Global P2P Payment Market was valued at USD 1.19 Trillion in 2022 and is expected to reach a value of USD 4.89 Trillion by 2030. Over the projection timelines, the Global Market is anticipated to grow to exhibit a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 19.30%.
A P2P Payment is a transfer of money from one person's bank account to another person's bank account. P2P transactions are initiated and completed by two persons transferring money with banks via the internet. Furthermore, a P2P Payment solution allows individuals to request a specific payment amount to a particular person among their connections. Due to increased smartphone use and M-Commerce adoption, most P2P end users are millennials. Consumer acceptance of mobile banking, internet banking, and E-Commerce, as well as increased smartphone penetration among the younger generation, drive the expansion of the P2P Payment business. Expanding the E-Commerce industry in emerging markets has a beneficial impact on market growth. A plethora of players are vying for a prominent role. Key players acquire or merge new entrants.
P2P Payment Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Trillion)
Furthermore, the players invest significantly in R&D (Research and Development). These actions result in technology breakthroughs and an increase in the upgrades and features of P2P Payment, ultimately leading to the growth of the P2P Payment Market. Mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures are critical components of the P2P Payment Market's growth trajectory. The firms engage in these initiatives to increase their impact across the P2P Payment Market, expanding their growth prospects. In addition, increased demand for quick and easy transaction services and increased use of Near Field Communication (NFC), Radio Frequency ID (RFID), and host card emulation technologies in P2P Payments will likely provide the potential for market expansion.
On the contrary, increased data breaches and security concerns in P2P Payments are projected to hamper market expansion.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
The P2P Payment Market is segmented based on Transaction Mode, Payment Type, End User, Application, and Region. Based on the Transaction Mode, the market is further segmented into Mobile Web Payments, Near Field Communication, SMS/ Direct Carrier Billing, and Other Transaction Modes. Furthermore, based on the Payment Type, the market is further bifurcated into Remote and Proximity. In addition, based on the End Users, the market is further divided into Personal and Business. Furthermore, based on the Application segment, the market is further bifurcated into Media & Entertainment, Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality & Transportation, and Other Applications.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Transaction Mode:
Near Field Communication category dominated the market in 2021
Over the projection period, the Near Field Communication segment is expected to proliferate and occupy the highest market share. Strong demand in the NFC (Near Field Communication) category will enable customers better serve themselves by providing them with a simple and hassle-free payment mechanism. Because of NFC technology, retailers can now include customer loyalty programs in their payment plans, and customers may instantly redeem coupons on their mobile devices.
Based on Application:
Retail category dominated the market in 2021
Over the projection period, the Retail segment is expected to proliferate and hold the highest market share. Rising cell phone usage and the concomitant expansion of portable trade agreements bode well for the segment's future growth. Mobile applications are currently, more often than not, the most popular way to purchase goods.
Based on Regional Analysis:
Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Asia Pacific is accounted to grow at the highest CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) during the forecast period. Over the forecast period, the altering way of life, most recent online buying trends, and increased cell phone penetration are likely to fuel the local market development. In addition, the expanding government initiatives to go credit only throughout the Asia Pacific nations will likely generate predicted opportunities for local businesses. The rapid adoption of adaptable innovation in growing business sectors provides fintech firms with another avenue for delivering portable financial solutions to underserved and unbanked persons in rural areas.
Furthermore, emerging economies such as India are undertaking several programs and initiatives to promote digital payments. The "Digital India" initiative is one such instance. China and Indonesia are also market leaders in Asia-Pacific for P2P Payments. In China, the availability of cutting-edge FinTech services is the key driver of the potential P2P Payments Market. In addition, China has also attracted investors due to a lack of alternative investment alternatives and the higher returns offered by P2P investments.
- In June 2022, Energy Expert, a sustainability platform that will let clients around the world measure, analyze, and manage the carbon emissions their business operations and items generated, was unveiled by Alibaba.com. The software-as-a-service offerings also provide practical advice and energy-saving recommendations to assist customers in hastening their sustainability journeys.
- In June 2021, Mastercard Incorporated announced the launch of PayPort+. This cutting-edge continuous portion entrance strategy would grant financial institutions and professional associations with constant portion expertise flexible access to the United Kingdom's consistent portion structure. The PayPort+ plan is used by Form3, development assistance, and Vocalink, a Mastercard company.
The key players in the Global P2P Payment Market include- Alibaba.com, Apple Inc., Circle International Financial Limited, Google LLC, One97 Communications Limited (Paytm), PayPal Holdings Inc., Square Inc., WePay Inc., Wise Payments Limited, Zelle and others.
Segmentation of the Global P2P Payment Market:
- Transaction Mode (Mobile Web Payments, Near Field Communication, SMS/ Direct Carrier Billing, Other Transaction Modes)
- Payment Type (Remote, Proximity)
- End User (Personal, Business)
- Application (Media & Entertainment, Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality & Transportation, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Apple Inc.
- Circle International Financial Limited
- Google LLC
- One97 Communications Limited (Paytm)
- PayPal Holdings Inc.
- Square Inc.
- WePay Inc.
- Wise Payments Limited
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options