The global Nicotine Gum Market was valued at USD 1.6 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 2.3 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5% between 2023 and 2030.
Nicotine Gum is a chewing gum that contains nicotine polacrilex as an active component. It is a form of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) used alone or with other medications to help people quit smoking and cease using smokeless tobacco. Nicotine Gum is accessible without a prescription from general, pharmaceutical, and online retailers. The global Nicotine Gum market is expected to grow at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period. In recent years, the global demand for nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) products, including Nicotine Gum, has increased as more individuals seek ways to stop smoking and minimize their exposure to the hazardous chemicals in tobacco smoke. The development of more convenient and effective NRT products, such as long-lasting gums, and the growing popularity of flavored choices are some of the most recent trends in the global NRT industry.
Nicotine Gum Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Also, the number of people utilizing NRT medications to stop smoking has increased, as has the number of healthcare professionals suggesting NRT products to their patients. Furthermore, the growing acceptance of nicotine replacement therapy, particularly Nicotine Gum, as a safe and effective method of quitting smoking has increased demand for these products. Furthermore, manufacturers invest in nicotine marketing, promotion, and R&D to develop new and enhanced Nicotine Gum products. This involves the creation of novel tastes, improved efficacy, and more convenient administration techniques, all of which contribute to market expansion. To help people quit smoking, healthcare experts are increasingly advising and administering nicotine replacement treatments, such as Nicotine Gum.
Governments worldwide have recognized the importance of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) in helping individuals quit smoking and have taken steps to encourage its use. Numerous governments have incorporated NRT products, such as Nicotine Gum, into their smoking cessation programs and have funded research. For example, Japan provides smoking cessation medications and therapy that are available to anyone and are reimbursable through National Health Insurance. Furthermore, several countries have enacted legislation to make NRT products more widely available and accessible to needy individuals. Under the United States Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938, the FDA is a regulatory authority in the United States that oversees clearance for the marketing of new medications for human use.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
During the initial phase of the worldwide pandemic, which lasted from September 2020 to March 2022, the probability of a recession occurring in the United States was extremely low. In April and May, respectively, the probability of an economic contraction fell to 30% and then to 50%. Because of this, the likelihood of an economic downturn in the United States has grown. Several different recession models are used to predict when a recession will finish. According to these forecasts, the deficit in the near term before the conclusion of the recession will narrow to 70 percent. When the protracted conflict between Russia and Ukraine started to play out early in 2022, the global economy started to pick up the pace of growth it had been experiencing. The chance of a conflict-free environment conducive to healthy growth has been greatly reduced as a result of the drawn-out nature of the current conflict.
Top Market Trends
1. COVID-19: COVID-19 has had an impact on 215 countries. The worldwide market has suffered as a result of the COVID-19 closure. The COVID-19 influence on the market has been minimal. Cipla Health Ltd., for example, introduced a '21 Days Challenge to Stop Smoking' in April 2020, urging smokers to quit smoking. While the world entered a 21-day lockdown due to COVID-19 and practiced social distancing, Nicotex, a Cipla Health brand, encouraged people to distance themselves from cigarettes by emphasizing the health risks of smoking during COVID-19. To counteract COVID-19, health agencies such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended that smokers quit smoking as a preventive step.
2. Rising Government Focus Towards Increasing Awareness: The government's emphasis on lowering smoking rates has increased significantly. Governments in all regions support broad measures for tobacco control, including various activities such as a ban on cigarette promotion and advertising. It includes gradually increasing tobacco taxes and steps to combat smuggling, which may limit smoking in the workplace and public spaces. Furthermore, large, harsh health warnings on tobacco-based products, tobacco regulation to standards, smoking cessation, and promotion of anti-smoking campaigns are such actions that have raised customers' quest for alternatives to lower tobacco consumption, propelling the market growth.
3. Increasing Anti-Smoking Campaigns: This market is driven by increased urbanization, product developments such as nicotine products (gums), and considerable research and development activities. Several government and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in both emerging and developed countries advocate using smoking cessation products, such as Nicotine Gum and other nicotine replacement products, to help persons, particularly youngsters, who are addicted to tobacco. Significant players support anti-smoking initiatives and routinely launch smoking cessation products such as gums and lozenges. Using these products with successful cessation programs increases residents' chances of quitting smoking.
The global Nicotine Gum market can be categorized into the following segments Type, Distribution Channel, and Region. Based on Type, the market can be categorized into 2MG and 4MG. Additionally, based on Distribution Channel, the market can be split into Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Pharmacies, and Online. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
2MG to Account for Maximum Revenue Owing to Increasing Popularity
The global Nicotine Gum market is expected to be dominated by the 2MG Nicotine Gum segment during the forecast period. Nicotine Gum contain 2mg of nicotine and are used as a form of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) to assist people in quitting smoking or reducing their cigarette intake. As people become more aware of the health concerns of smoking, the number of people looking for ways to quit or limit their smoking has increased. The 4MG Nicotine Gum segment will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period. Individuals who use 4mg Nicotine Gum are often heavy smokers, using 25 or more daily cigarettes. The greater nicotine dose in the 4mg gum is meant to help smokers control their nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms more effectively. Heavy smokers often require a higher dose of nicotine to get relief.
Based on Distribution Channel
Pharmacies to Accommodate Largest Market Share Due to Wider Availability of Product
Pharmacies are expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period. Consumers buy Nicotine Gum from pharmacies because of the medical advice and assistance offered, the convenience of purchasing it with other health-related products, and the product's availability, quality, and secrecy it provides. Furthermore, pharmacies employ qualified specialists who may offer guidance and information on Nicotine Gum and other nicotine replacement medications. Online distribution will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period. This segment has grown in prominence during the last few years. The movement in consumer preference towards online channels can be attributed to the convenience the channel provides, such as substantial discounts, the availability of various products on a single platform, simple payment options, door-to-door delivery, and others. Furthermore, compared to traditional brick-and-mortar stores, internet retailers frequently stock a wide range of Nicotine Gum in several flavors, strengths, and brands. It enables customers to select the product that best meets their requirements.
Based on Region
North America to Lead Global Sales Owing to Rising Number of Health-Conscious Customers
The global Nicotine Gum market is expected to be dominated by the region of North America during the forecast period. North America has seen an increase in health-conscious customers, fueled by campaigns and government programs fueling the region's market growth. Furthermore, the region is home to big companies focused on product innovations to capitalize on rising demand and gain a competitive advantage in the market. In May 2019, Nicorette, for example, introduced a Nicotine Gum product covered with ice mint lozenge for a smoother feel. As a result, such factors are expected to increase the Nicotine Gum market share during the study period. As a result of campaigns and government initiatives that have fostered market growth in the region, the percentage of health-conscious customers in North America has increased. Furthermore, the region is home to well-known companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Cipla Health Limited, Philip Morris, and others focusing on product innovation to meet market demand and acquire a competitive advantage.
The region of Asia Pacific will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is due to rising demand for novel products, increased competition among big tobacco businesses, and more market prospects, notably in Japan. Furthermore, strict anti-smoking legislation in India and China is expected to boost demand for nicotine replacement products such as gums.
The key players in the global Nicotine Gum market include - Johnson & Johnson (U.S.), Novartis AG (Switzerland), ITC Limited (India), Cipla Health Limited (India), Perrigo Company PLC (Ireland), Teva Canada (Canada), Philip Morris (U.S.), British American Tobacco PLC (UK) among others.
Recent Market Developments
· February 2022: Beta pharm Arzneimittel GmbH, an Enorama Pharma business partner, has launched the first generic nicotine chewing gum on the German market under the brand name Nicotin beta. Nicotine beta will provide a generic product emphasizing the benefits of NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy).
· June 2022: Fertin Pharma was purchased by Philip Morris International. Fertin Pharma develops and manufactures pharmaceutical and wellness products using oral and intra-oral delivery technologies.
· August 2021: GSK introduced Nicotinell, a smoking cessation treatment line that includes a patch, gum, and lozenge. It is intended to assist smokers in overcoming their nicotine addiction.
Segmentation of the Global Nicotine Gum Market
- Type (2MG, 4MG)
- Distribution Channel (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Pharmacies, Online)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Johnson & Johnson (U.S.)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- ITC Limited (India)
- Cipla Health Limited (India)
- Perrigo Company PLC (Ireland)
- Teva Canada (Canada)
- Philip Morris (U.S.)
- British American Tobacco PLC (UK)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options