The global Multiple Myeloma Market was valued at USD 21.6 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 33.1 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.3% between 2023 and 2030.
Multiple Myeloma is a malignancy that develops in plasma cells, a type of white blood cell. Plasma cells in good health aid in the struggle against infections by producing antibodies that recognize and destroy pathogens. Multiple Myeloma is characterized by an accumulation of malignant plasma cells in the bone marrow, which crowd out benign blood cells. According to the American Cancer Society, the United States diagnosed nearly 24,050 new cases of Multiple Myeloma by the end of 2014. Multiple Myelomas are more prevalent in men than women, and their incidence increases with age. Consequently, an increase in the elderly population will fuel the market's growth for Multiple Myeloma therapeutics over the forecast period.
Multiple Myeloma Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that by 2050, older people will comprise nearly 2 billion individuals. Consequently, the increasing prevalence of the disease and the expansion of the elderly population are anticipated to be the major factors driving the global Multiple Myeloma therapeutics market. In addition, the complications of treating patients will include supportive measures such as reparative treatment, including transfusion. In addition, the global market for Multiple Myeloma therapeutics is bolstered by factors such as the presence of large companies and the increased adoption of new therapies, which have benefited regional businesses. With a growing patient population in countries such as the United States and the introduction of new therapies, the market is expected to expand consistently over the forecast period. In addition, ongoing efforts by governments and non-profits to increase patient awareness of new treatment options contribute significantly to the success of this vertical. Consequently, the United States represents a substantial portion of the North American market.
In the Multiple Myeloma market, increasing R&D activities for developing novel therapies by key players is one of the main driving factors. Due to the importance of Multiple Myeloma as cancer, several prominent pharmaceutical companies, such as Regeneron, have robust pipeline candidates in various phases of clinical trials. This increase in R&D into oncology therapeutics is because significant pharmaceutical breakthroughs leading to the development of blockbuster drugs in oncology are more likely to occur in these cancers due to their rising global prevalence. Several clinical trials have also demonstrated some clinical data, such as the pipeline candidate REGN5458 (BCMAXCD3) for Regeneron. This is anticipated to boost the global market for Multiple Myeloma therapeutics during the forecast period.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The present conflict between Russia and Ukraine is anticipated to worsen over the analysis horizon, thereby hindering economic growth and development. The massive shocks caused by Russia's invasion of Ukraine are anticipated to slow the growth rate of the global economy. The British company World Economic League Table forecasts that the global economy will be worth $100 trillion by 2022. Despite the best efforts of government officials to reconcile their disagreements over rising prices, this economic trend is projected to halt by 2023. As tensions between Russia and Ukraine escalate, the entire economy prepares for the effects of this massive conflict. Due to the Russian invasion, devastating effects on economic growth and development are anticipated. Despite their efforts to reach an agreement, there is a strong possibility that this economic trend will reverse. The world eagerly awaits the crisis's outcome and observes it with bated breath.
Top Market Trends
- Rising Prevalence of Multiple Myeloma: Multiple Myeloma is one of the key market drivers of the global market due to the rising prevalence of numerous forms of blood malignancies. Despite being considered a rare form of cancer, Multiple Myeloma accounts for many cancer cases worldwide, and there is an increasing demand for effective and innovative therapeutics. They administer effective and innovative therapeutics resulting in improved and favorable patient clinical outcomes. Recent trends indicate a worldwide increase in the incidence of Multiple Myeloma, so this is particularly crucial. According to Cancer Network statistics, there were approximately 130,000 cases of this myeloma in 2016. During the forecast period, the growth of the global Multiple Myeloma treatment market is anticipated to be driven by the factors mentioned earlier. Due to sustained R&D, treatment has advanced, so there is a greater need for sophisticated therapies to improve prognosis.
- Rising Number of Product Launches: There is an increase in research and development for developing effective therapeutics for treating a disease with significantly lower cure rates. Nonetheless, several new therapeutics have been introduced due to increasing and ongoing research efforts by key and prominent market participants. In March 2020, for instance, the U.S. FDA approved Sarclisa (isatuximab-irfc) for combination with two other therapeutics. While treatment success rates are low, the disease is highly manageable, which is expected to drive the growth of the global Multiple Myeloma market. If a disorder has a more favorable prognosis, individuals are more likely to seek treatment, which increases the global market's revenue.
- Widening R&D Activities: Current research and development efforts in the Multiple Myeloma industry will result in notable advancements over the forecast period. Multiple Myeloma market growth will be assured by applying cutting-edge technologies to introduce new products and functions. In addition, the substantial increase in the number of patients will also create favorable growth opportunities. The increasing preference of a sizeable portion of the population for minimally invasive procedures may stimulate the growth of the Multiple Myeloma market. The COVID-19 outbreak had a negligible effect on developing the Multiple Myeloma market. The border restrictions and other factors caused supply chain disruptions. Despite this, online sales increased during the lockdowns. Consequently, the online segment has experienced significant growth during this time frame. Nonetheless, the lockdown relaxations will guarantee substantial growth for the market for Multiple Myeloma.
The global Multiple Myeloma market can be categorized into the following segments Drug Class, Distribution Channel, and Region. Based on the Drug Class, the market can be categorized into Immunomodulator, Proteasome Inhibitor, Anti-CD38 Monoclonal Antibody, Alkylating Agent, and Other Drug Classes. Additionally, based on Distribution Channel, the market can be split further into Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies & Drug Stores, and Online Pharmacies. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on the Drug Class
Immunomodulators to Accommodate Largest Market Share Due to Emerging Market Products
Immunomodulators, such as oral immunomodulators, are considered emerging therapy for treating several cancers and have exceptionally successful treatment outcomes. As a result, the immunomodulators segment dominated the global market in 2022 due to the strong revenue position of these medications. Immunomodulators such as CELGENE CORPORATION's (Bristol Myers Squibb Company) Revlimid have contributed to this segment's global market dominance. Due to the vast number of available products, the proteasome inhibitors subsegment also accounts for a sizeable portion of the global market. Velcade, a vital medication, is one of the essential therapeutics in this segment. Anti-CD38 Monoclonal Antibody is significant because it offers Darzalex (daratumumab).
Based on End Use
Hospital Pharmacies to Widen Revenue Owing to a Wider Population of Target Consumers
The fact that treatment drugs can be routinely prescribed and administered in hospital settings is one of the primary reasons for this segment's dominance. This enables proper adherence to treatment guidelines for Multiple Myeloma and the secure administration of life-saving therapeutics, some of which must be administered intravenously. This type of effective treatment usually results in favorable treatment outcomes. Despite the presence of Revlimid, the number of oral therapeutics used in the treatment is relatively smaller, which will limit the growth of the retail pharmacies segment during the forecast period.
Based on Region
North America to Expand Its Birth Owing to Rising Prevalence of Diseases
The market in the region of North America is characterized by an increase in disease prevalence and treatment demand, as well as an increase in disease diagnosis, which is complemented by the adoption of innovative therapeutics. These factors, along with the inclination of a patient population with higher healthcare expenditures toward new treatment options and the presence of key companies with pipeline candidates and impending product launches, are responsible for the region's dominant share of the global market. Europe and Asia-Pacific are anticipated to hold a sizeable portion of the market during the forecast period. The growing number of regulatory approvals of key products in the region and their extended patent expiration dates are anticipated to drive the demand for therapeutics in Europe during the forecast period. New approvals of therapeutics such as DARZALEX (daratumumab) in key countries such as Japan and the presence of an enormous potential patient population base are expected to drive the growth of the Asia-Pacific market over the forecast period.
With the presence of key market leaders in oncology and their diversified portfolios of cancer therapeutics, the competitive landscape of the global market reflects a more intense competition scenario. Several prominent market participants, such as Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and CELGENE CORPORATION (Bristol Myers Squibb Company), have a substantial presence in the global market and control a substantial proportion of their revenue. However, other market participants, such as Amgen with its Kyprolis product and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company with its Empliciti product, have significant market revenue shares.
The key players in the global Multiple Myeloma market include - Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Japan), Novartis AG (Switzerland), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Israel), Bristol Myers Squibb Company (U.S.), Amgen Inc. (U.S.), ONO Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Japan), Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Belgium), AbbVie Inc. (U.S.), Sanofi (Paris), Kary pharm (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- October 2022: The FDA has approved using TECVAYLI, a Jannsen biotech, and Johnson & Johnson medication for patients with relapsed or refractory Multiple Myeloma. The happy news was shared by Ligand Pharmaceuticals, which reported that Jannsen OmniAb is eligible for a 25-million-dollar payment. This is the first bispecific antibody discovered by OmniAb technology to be approved by the FDA.
- October 2022: T.C. Biopharma announced that its scientific advisory board had been completed. The company is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing allogeneic gamma-delta T-cell therapies for cancer treatment. The newly appointed board will support the company's vision by introducing novel therapeutics and collaborating with the society for cell therapy.
- October 2022: Caryvti, the CAR-T therapy developed by Johnson & Johnson and Legend Biotech, has demonstrated promising results in competition from Bristol-Myers Squibb and 2700 Bio's Abecma. The market attained $55 million in sales during the third quarter and aimed to generate more profits for the company. The companies are now investing more money into the concept in hopes of profiting from it.
Segmentation of the Global Multiple Myeloma Market
- Drug Class (Immunomodulators, Proteasome Inhibitor, Anti-CD38 Monoclonal Antibody, Alkylating Agents, Other Drug Classes)
- Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies & Drug Stores, Online Pharmacies)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Japan)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Israel)
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company (U.S.)
- Amgen Inc. (U.S.)
- ONO Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Belgium)
- AbbVie Inc. (U.S.)
- Sanofi (Paris)
- Kary pharm (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options