Global Milk Calcium Market is valued at USD 36.04 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 57.44 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.00% over the forecast period.
In developed countries, the dairy industry is a big part of the GDP. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) estimates that the dairy sector adds around $104 billion annually to the US economy. The industry also supports around 1.3 million jobs in the US. Similarly, in developing countries, the dairy sector is a major source of income and employment. For example, in India, the dairy industry is worth an estimated $60 billion and employs around 60 million people. In China, the dairy industry is worth an estimated $27 billion and employs around 3 million people. The market for Milk Calcium is growing astonishingly, and its effects can be seen everywhere. With demand continuing to rise, it’s no surprise that the dairy industry is looking for ways to capitalize on this unique opportunity. The primary factors driving the growth of this market are the increasing number of health-conscious customers and the rising demand for fortified food and beverages. In addition, the rise in disposable money and the alteration of people's lifestyles are other factors contributing to the expansion of this market. The University of Toronto performed the study, which analysed data from more than 2,700 participants aged 18 and older who participated in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. The findings, which were published in the Journal of Nutrition, demonstrated that milk drinkers had higher Vitamin D levels than non-milk drinkers.
The increased demand for dairy products, such as cheese and yogurt, is also driving the growth of the Milk Calcium Market. The rising disposable incomes and the changing lifestyles of consumers are fuelling the market’s growth. The increasing demand for PCC is one of the most important growth drivers for the calcium carbonate industry. Consumers' increasing health concern and increased demand for infant formula are the primary market drivers. Additionally, the rising number of working women and their preference for ready-to-use items are anticipated to boost the market's expansion. The growing popularity of plant-based diets also contributes to the growing need for calcium carbonate. Calcium carbonate is frequently used as a calcium supplement in vegan and vegetarian diets due to its high calcium content. After 2021, it is anticipated that newer and more efficient technologies would enter the market, contributing to industry expansion. Nanotechnology and 3D printing are among the most recent technologies that are anticipated to influence the calcium carbonate industry. In addition, population growth and rising disposable incomes are anticipated to drive market expansion during the next seven years. In addition, growing urbanisation and shifting lifestyle preferences are predicted to fuel demand for dairy products, which is anticipated to positively impact market growth throughout the forecast period. Nonetheless, variable raw material costs and stringent government regulations are anticipated to restrain market expansion during the next seven years. Nonetheless, it is anticipated that a growing number of working women and hectic lives will generate new chances for industry participants in developing nations such as China, India, and Brazil throughout the projected period.
Milk Calcium Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Factors Driving Economic Growth: The global economy is expected to experience significant growth in the next five years. Several factors will drive this growth, including the continued rise in demand for Milk Calcium. As the world's population continues to grow, so will the demand for Milk Calcium. This essential nutrient is required for strong bones and teeth and is vital for a healthy immune system. With more people living longer and healthier lives, the demand for Milk Calcium is only going to increase. Developing countries are expected to see the biggest increases in demand for Milk Calcium, as their populations continue to grow and urbanize. As incomes rise and diets improve, more people in these regions will be able to afford and access this important nutrient. The increased demand for Milk Calcium will positively impact the global economy. More jobs will be created in the dairy industry, and farmers will benefit from higher prices for their milk products. This will boost economic growth and help to reduce poverty levels around the world.
Top Market Trends
- Growing demand for calcium-fortified milk and dairy products: They are gaining popularity among consumers due to their health benefits. These products are rich in calcium, essential for bone and teeth health. Calcium-fortified milk and dairy products also reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
- Rising health consciousness among consumers: Consumers are becoming more conscious about their health and are looking for food products that offer nutritional value.
- Growing awareness of the health benefits of calcium: Consumers have a growing awareness of the importance of calcium for bone and teeth health.
- Plant-based milk products are gaining popularity due to their health benefits, such as being low in calories and fat and being a good source of vitamins and minerals. Additionally, plant-based milk products do not contain cholesterol or lactose, making them suitable for people with lactose intolerance or those looking for vegan options.
The Global Milk Calcium Market is segmented based on Calcium Content, Granularity, Application, and Region. Based on the Calcium Content, the market is classified into Less than 20%, 20% to 25%, and 26% to 30%. Furthermore, based on the Granularity, the market is further segregated into Standard Powder (>10 Microns) and Micronized Powder (<10 Microns). In addition, based on the Applications, the market is further divided into Functional Foods, Infant Formula, Sports Nutrition, Beverages, Dietary Supplements, and Other Applications. Likewise, based on Region, the market is further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Calcium Content
In segments, during the forecast period, the less than 20%, 20% to 25%, and 26% to 30% categories are expected to increase at a CAGR of 5%, 7%, and 8%, respectively. Due to diminishing demand from end-use industries such as paper and construction, the calcium carbonate market is anticipated to expand at a rate of less than 20% annually. Due to rising demand from end-use sectors such as plastics, paints, and coatings, the 20 to 25 percent market segments are anticipated to expand at a modest rate. Due to the rising demand from emerging economies such as China and India, the 26% to 30% market sector is anticipated to increase at a quicker rate.
Based on Granularity
The Standard Powder (>10 microns) segment is expected to grow at a higher CAGR than the Micronized Powder (<10 microns) segment during the forecast period. This is because the standard powder has a larger particle size and, thus, is more efficient in absorption by the body. Moreover, it is easier to store and transport than micronized powder.
Based on Applications
The segment of functional foods is anticipated to experience the greatest CAGR throughout the forecast period. Demand for functional foods is driven by their health benefits. Functional foods are nutrient-dense and can aid in the prevention and treatment of numerous ailments. Additionally, they can improve health and well-being. During the projection period, the infant formula segment is expected to rise at a considerable CAGR. The demand for infant formula is driven by the requirement to give infants enough nutrition. Infant formula contains all of the necessary nutrients for infant growth and development. It is a safe and nutritious substitute for breast milk. During the forecast period, the sports nutrition segment is anticipated to develop at a considerable CAGR. These products can aid in the enhancement of athletic performance, muscle rehabilitation, and fat storage reduction. In addition, they are abundant in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can improve general health. During the projection period, the beverages segment is expected to increase at a moderate CAGR. Their health benefits increase the demand for calcium-containing beverages. Calcium-rich beverages can aid in the prevention of osteoporosis, lower blood pressure, and minimize the risk of colon cancer. Dietary supplements are also rising in favor since they fill in the nutritional gaps in our diet. Calcium supplements are frequently used to prevent or treat osteoporosis, a disease characterized by bone fragility. Others include RTD (Ready-To-Drink) goods, bakery & confectionery, dairy desserts, and others. RTD goods like milkshakes and yogurt drinks are gaining popularity due to their portability and convenience.
Based on Region
By 2028, it is anticipated that North America will dominate the milk calcium industry with a market value of USD 10.4 billion. This is a result of the region's increasing population, health consciousness, and desire for functional foods. Danone, Fonterra, and Nestle are the leading companies in the North American milk calcium market. The expansion of functional foods in North America is raising milk calcium demand. The purpose of these foods is to offer nutrients and minerals that are lacking in conventional diets. In addition, there is an increase in the number of individuals who choose not to consume dairy products out of concern for their health. This has increased the demand for plant-based calcium sources like soybeans and almonds. Danone, Fonterra, and Nestle are the leading companies in the North American milk calcium market. These companies have achieved market dominance through investing in research and development (R&D) and marketing efforts. They have also produced specific goods to meet the needs of certain population segments. For instance, Fonterra produces soy protein enriched with vitamin D3, which is intended to provide additional calcium to individuals who do not use dairy products or who consume dairy products seldom.
The key players in the Global Milk Calcium Market include- FrieslandCampina DOMO (Netherlands) ,Glanbia PLC (Ireland), Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S (Denmark), ARMOR PROTÉINES (France), Sachsenmilch Leppersdorf GmbH (Germany),Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited (New Zealand), MILEI GmbH (Germany) and others.
- Nutricia, a leading provider of nutritional products for infants and young children, planned to launch a new line of baby formulas in early 2022 that are fortified with calcium and other essential nutrients.
- In mid-2022, Danone intended to launch a new line of yogurts under its Activia brand enriched with calcium and other minerals.
- Arla Foods amba launched a new line of organic infant formula products under the Arla Organic brand in March 2021. The product line includes three variants: Infant Formula 1, Infant Formula 2, and Growing Up Milk Powder. Arla Foods said the new products offer parents "an alternative to conventional infant formula."
- In May 2021, Danone SA announced plans to invest EUR 300 million (US$357 million) over the next three years to expand its plant-based milk and yogurts production capacity. The investment will be used to build two new factories in the European region, one in France and one in Germany. The French factory is expected to come online by the end of 2022, while the German facility is scheduled for 2023.
- In India, the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has launched a national campaign called “Project Dhoop” to create awareness about the importance of consuming milk and milk products for children’s health.
- Similarly, in China, the Ministry of Agriculture has been running a public education campaign called “Drink Milk Everyday” to promote milk consumption among Chinese citizens.
Segmentation of the Global Milk Calcium Market
- Calcium Content (Less than 20%, 20% to 25%, 26% to 30%)
- Granularity (Standard Powder (>10 Microns), Micronized Powder (<10 Microns))
- Applications (Functional Foods, Infant Formula, Sports Nutrition, Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- FrieslandCampina DOMO (Netherlands)
- Glanbia PLC (Ireland)
- Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S (Denmark)
- ARMOR PROTÉINES (France)
- Sachsenmilch Leppersdorf GmbH (Germany)
- Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited (New Zealand)
- MILEI GmbH (Germany)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options