Global Military Drone Market is valued at USD 14.51 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 34.91 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 11.60% over the forecast period.
Military Drones can quickly search vast areas, identify a person in need of assistance based on their thermal signature, assess their condition and surroundings with high-definition video, and communicate in real-time to ground resources the victim's location, ground accessibility issues, and other information that is crucial to ground resource assets trying to reach victims. The market for Military Drones is anticipated to develop because of this factor. Due to an increase in the military budget and a rise in demand for better surveillance technologies, the market for Military Drones has expanded globally. The market's expansion, however, is being hampered by the high cost of UAV solutions. Additionally, the factor anticipated to present growth prospects during the forecast period is defense modernization. The market for Military Drones is anticipated to rise as more nations try to bolster their armed forces and defense. Military UAVs are primarily used for ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance) purposes. Military UAVs are currently being developed for various tasks, including electronic attack (EA), strike missions, suppression/destruction of enemy air defenses (SEAD), network nodes, communication relays, and combat search and rescue.
Military Drone Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The Military Drone Market is segmented based on Applications, Types, Range, Propulsion Types, Endurance, Launching Modes, MTOW, and Region. Based on Applications, the market is segmented as Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Target Acquisition (ISRT), Delivery & Transportation, Combat Operations, and Battle Damage Management. Furthermore, based on the Types, the market is further divided into Fixed-wing, Rotary-wing, and Hybrid/Transitional. Moreover, based on the Range, the market is segmented into Visual Line of Sight (VLOS), Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS), Beyond and Line of Sight (BLOS). In addition, based on Propulsion Type, the market is further bifurcated into Battery Powered, Fuel Cell and Hybrid Cell. In addition, based on the Endurance, the Military Drone Market is divided into <1–2 Hours, 2–6 Hours and >6 Hours. Likewise, based on Launching Modes, the market is segmented into Vertical Take-off, Automatic Take-off and Landing, Catapult Launcher and Hand Launched. Additionally, based on MTOW, the market is further divided into <25 Kilograms, 25–150 Kilograms and >150 Kilograms. Regionally, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
The fixed-wing category dominated the market in 2021
Based on type, the market is segmented as Fixed-wing, Rotary-wing, and Hybrid/Transitional. Fixed wing segments dominate the largest share in the market. Fixed-wing drones lift off from the ground using their wings, just like an airplane. They need engines with forwarding propulsion and wings to provide the necessary vertical lift for flight. Rotor-wing drones cannot fly as far as fixed-wing UAVs. Their payloads, endurance ranges, and applications make them stand out the most.
Based on Range
Bolts category dominated the market in 2021
Based on Range, the market is segmented as Visual Line of Sight (VLOS), Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS), Beyond and Line of Sight (BLOS). The VLOS segment is anticipated to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. Because more government applications, like those for traffic monitoring, firefighting, and disaster management, are using VLOS drones. Whether drones are used for business or recreational purposes, regulatory authorities are implementing various VLOS restrictions that will help the market expand. However, the growing popularity of drones that operate beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS), which increases efficiency and hasten the data collecting process, may restrain the growth of the VLOS market.
Based on Regional Analysis
North America is expected to register lucrative growth in the market with a significant share with the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
North America is estimated to maintain its dominant share in the market during the forecast period. Due to their rapidly improving economic conditions and the growing need to strengthen national security by acquiring technologically advanced equipment like Military Drones for surveillance, monitoring, transportation, and combat operations, the Saudi government has massive defense budgets. Additionally, favorable government regulations and increasing support are opportunities for international companies and local producers to create Military Drones and generally spur market expansion.
The key players in the Military Drone Market include- General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) (US), Northrop Grumman Corporation (US), Elbit Systems Ltd. (Israel), Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (Israel), AeroVironment Inc. (US), Lockheed Martin Corporation (US), Thales Group (France), Boeing (US), among others.
· In March 2022, Gambit is an Autonomous Collaborative Platform (ACP) designed through digital engineering to speed it’s time to market and lower acquisition costs. The jet-powered platform is being built for air dominance and will heavily leverage advances in artificial intelligence and autonomous systems.
· In December 2021, The Mojave is an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) capable of short takeoff and landing (STOL). Mojave essentially takes a Gray Eagle fuselage and adds enlarged wings with high-lift devices and a Rolls Royce 450-horsepower turboprop engine. The UAS is based on the avionics and flight control systems of the MQ-9 Reaper and the MQ-1C Gray Eagle- Extended Range.
Segmentation of Military Drone Market
- Applications (Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, & Target Acquisition (ISRT), Delivery & Transportation, Combat Operations, Battle Damage Management)
- Types (Fixed-wing, Rotary-wing, Hybrid/Transitional)
- Range (Visual Line of Sight (VLOS), Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS), Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS))
- Propulsion Type (Battery Powered, Fuel Cell, Hybrid Cell)
- Endurance (<1–2 Hours, 2–6 Hours, >6 Hours)
- Launching Modes (Vertical Take-off, Automatic Take-off & Landing, Catapult Launcher, Hand Launched)
- MTOW (<25 Kilograms, 25–150 Kilograms, >150 Kilograms)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) (US)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (US)
- Elbit Systems Ltd. (Israel)
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (Israel)
- AeroVironment Inc. (US)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (US)
- Thales Group (France)
- Boeing (US)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options