The global Liquid Fertilizers Market was valued at USD 2.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3.4 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 4.5% between 2023 and 2030.
Anhydrous ammonia, aqueous ammonia solutions, aqueous ammonium nitrate solutions, and aqueous urea solutions are all examples of Liquid Fertilizers. These concentrated products can be diluted with water to create concentrated Liquid Fertilizers. The advantages are the quicker effect and simpler application of Liquid Fertilizers. Fertigation is the process of incorporating fertilizer into irrigation water. The global Liquid Fertilizers market is expected to grow at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period. Liquid Fertilizers offer the needed nutrients to plants at a precise time and in diverse conditions. Plants are anticipated to absorb these nutrients through their leaves and roots' pores. Also, more food may be needed to feed the expanding human population in the upcoming years.
This emphasizes the significance of agriculture since it is the sole means of mass-producing human food. Because there is a limited amount of land, developing additional areas for agriculture isn't easy. On the other hand, urbanization, soil erosion, and pollution have reduced the amount of land suitable for agriculture. The growing Asian-Pacific, Latin America, and Africa markets offer tremendous growth potential for Liquid Fertilizers. For international fertilizer businesses looking to construct production facilities, nations like India, China, Brazil, and Argentina have emerged as prime locations. The rise of these areas on the global fertilizer map is primarily due to low labor costs and flexible government restrictions. Many of these emerging nations, including India, still have agriculture-based economies, which means that a sizable portion of their income comes from this industry.
Liquid Fertilizers Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Modern crop nutrients fundamentally give crops the maximum amount of nutrients during the growth cycle in the most effective way while avoiding the degradation of soil and water resources, which is expected to increase demand for liquid soluble fertilizers. Market participants focus on broadening their product offerings in response to the increasing demand for Liquid Fertilizers. The market is expected to be driven by rising merger and acquisition activity and rising efforts by major players to diversify their portfolio of Liquid Fertilizers. To produce cutting-edge and unique Liquid Fertilizers for various applications across horticulture and field crop commodities, prominent players in the Liquid Fertilizers market are aggressively capitalizing on R&D operations with raw material suppliers.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
A wide variety of decorative plants, such as palms, orchids, jasmines, and roses, can benefit from using Liquid Fertilizers. In addition, these fertilizers may also be used for grasses, which expands the scope of their application in animal husbandry and lends support to initiatives that promote environmental consciousness. In addition, using Liquid Fertilizers helps improve the soil quality for plant development, ultimately increasing plant production. These benefits are a fundamental factor behind the rapidly increasing market revenue. Using Liquid Fertilizers can improve various plant characteristics that contribute to increased productivity. These characteristics include the plant's height, canopy width, and the number of leaves and tillers. In addition, it has become essential for readily available Liquid Fertilizers of a high-grade comprising nutrients and components that are affordable and simple for farmers to locate. This Liquid Fertilizers have found widespread use in today's agricultural practices that are very intense. These days, there is a considerable body of information regarding the harmful impact of mineral fertilizer on the environment due to the extensive application of mineral fertilizer in agricultural land. As a result, Liquid Fertilizers are receiving a growing amount of attention to give plant nutrients more precisely and assist farmers in increasing crop yields. This is anticipated to fuel the revenue growth of the market all over the world.
Top Market Trends
1. Rising Concerns Regarding Food Security: In light of the world's rapidly expanding population, authorities are being pushed to focus on sustainable solutions that won't jeopardize their long-term strategic interests. The world's increased appetite drives the need for liquid nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and combination NPK fertilizers. Demand is still positively impacted by several variables, including population increase, crop loss due to nutrient scarcity, rising demand for high-value crops, and changes in consumer diet brought on by rising income in emerging economies. Generally, the forecast for the Liquid Fertilizers sector is generally favorable. The market for Liquid Fertilizers is fueled by their simplicity of use and the rising acceptance of precision farming.
2. Shrinking of Arable Land: The need to significantly increase agricultural productivity is growing as a result of both the ongoing need for food and the global decline in arable land. Over the predicted timeframe, market penetration is anticipated to be fueled by ongoing R&D expenditures and the creation of new, highly effective Liquid Fertilizers. For instance, scientists from India's Bihar Agricultural University (BAU) created liquid biofertilizers in June 2020, allowing farmers to double their agricultural production roughly. In addition, new products are more affordable and have a two to three-times longer shelf life than traditional granular fertilizers.
3. Rapid Adoption of Precision Farming: For various decorative plants, such as palms, orchids, jasmine, and roses, Liquid Fertilizers are administered. These fertilizers may also be applied to grasses to increase their usage in animal farming and aid in environmental awareness campaigns. Using Liquid Fertilizers also helps to improve soil quality for plant development, boosting plant output. These benefits are a crucial factor in the increase in market revenue. Using Liquid Fertilizers increases the productivity of various plants by increasing plant height, canopy width, leaf number, and tiller count. Furthermore, it is now essential to have access to high-quality Liquid Fertilizers consisting of chemicals and nutrients that are affordable and simple for farmers to find. The use of these Liquid Fertilizers in contemporary intensive agriculture is very widespread. Due to the growing usage of mineral fertilizers on agricultural land, there is now much data regarding how polluting they are to the environment. Consequently, Liquid Fertilizers are receiving increasing attention since they can more properly supply plant nutrients and help farmers enhance crop yields, likely fueling global market revenue growth.
The global Liquid Fertilizers market can be categorized on the following: Crop Type, Compounds, Application, Type, and Region. Based on the Crop Type, the market can be categorized into Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables, And Others (Turf, Ornamentals, and Nursery Plants). Additionally, based on Compounds, the market can be split between Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN), Urea-Ammonium Nitrate (UAN), Potassium Nitrate, Phosphorus Pentoxide (P2 O5), and Others (Boron, Chloride, and Iron). Moreover, based on Application, the market can be differentiated into Soil, Follar, Fertigation, and Others (Starter Solutions & Aerial Applications). Additionally, based on Type, the market can be fragmented into Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potash, and Micronutrients. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Crop Type
Fruits & Vegetables to Accommodate Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Consumption
The global Liquid Fertilizers market is expected to be dominated by the Liquid Fertilizers segment during the forecast period. Throughout the past two decades, there has been significant growth in fruit consumption, and this trend is anticipated to continue in the next years. According to an FAO report, China produced more fresh fruits and vegetables than the US and India combined in 2018, making it the world's top producer. An increase in crop plantation area due to increased fruit and vegetable exports has led to higher output levels. The market for chemical fertilizers and pesticides for fruits and vegetables is anticipated to increase significantly. As a result, the market expansion is anticipated. Cereals and grains will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period. Also, due to the rising demand for crops like corn, wheat, rice, and sorghum across numerous industries, more crop protection chemicals will likely be used to raise the yield of these cereals.
Based on Compounds
CAN to Maximize Revenue During Forecast Owing to a Higher Nutrient Content
Calcium ammonium nitrate (CAN) will dominate the global Liquid Fertilizers market during the forecast period. It is the most significant and popular nitrogen fertilizer due to its relatively high nutrient content and physical characteristics, such as high solubility, which aid in the fertilizer's fast dissolution into the soil. It contains magnesium and calcium, which improve the roots' ability to absorb nitrogen while lowering nitrogen losses. This increases fertilizer profitability and guards subsoil waters from nitrogen compound pollution. Thus, the reasons mentioned earlier also contribute to the market expansion for CAN in the next years.
Based on Application
Fertigation to Allow Maximum Market Share Owing to Widespread Implementation
The fertigation segment is expected to occupy the largest Liquid Fertilizers market share during the forecast period. Fertigation is a farming technique that involves applying water and fertilizer through irrigation. Through this process, it is possible to boost yield while lowering environmental contamination. A farmer can use fertigation to distribute nutrients across the field evenly. Due to the extensive use of efficient irrigation systems, which have the advantage of requiring less work, effort, water, and time, fertilization is in high demand. Increasingly more people are using this application strategy because it is dependable and efficient. The move in agriculture methods towards holistic approaches that include fertilizer and water application strategies is another factor supporting this segment's revenue growth. Fertigation is useful for distributing nutrients, including injecting fertilizers through irrigation.
Based on Type
Nitrogen to Occupy Largest Market Share Owing to Easy Application
The global Liquid Fertilizers market will be dominated by the nitrogen segment during the forecast period. Both macro and micro factors play a significant role in plant growth. Nitrogen is a crucial nutrient for all of the world's current farming techniques. It participates in almost every metabolic process in a plant and is used to create the amino acids that become proteins. Nitrogen availability in the soil is a common issue for farmers. To fix the issue, more liquid nitrogen fertilizer is required. Moreover, various nutrient combinations are made and used to feed plants. Potash will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to a rise in the demand for greater productivity on a smaller amount of land and a rise in the use of potash fertilizers. The advantages of using these fertilizers are causing the market to expand as more agricultural producers use these products.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Sales Owing to Rising Utilization in the Agriculture Industry
The global Liquid Fertilizers market is expected to be dominated by the region of Asia Pacific during the forecast period. To grow agrochemicals for use in agriculture, APAC countries have a significant demand for fertilizers in various forms. Compared to slow-release granular fertilizers, Liquid Fertilizers are more readily absorbed by crops and produce benefits sooner. High-nutrient fruits, vegetables, and cereals can be employed with higher nutrients, instantly obtainable in a liquid form. Commercial production of Liquid Fertilizers by farmers and other fertilizer producers is encouraged. For instance, one of the top fertilizer cooperatives, Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Ltd. (IFFCO), declared on June 6, 2022, that it has begun producing nano urea liquid for commercial purposes. The use of high-efficiency fertilizers in agriculture, including liquid potassium fertilizers, has greatly increased due to the rising cost of conventional fertilizers and their detrimental environmental impact. Demand for Liquid Fertilizers is increasing in Asia-Pacific due to rising food consumption, high crop yields, and advancements in automated irrigation systems.
North America is expected to grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period. Throughout the projection period, the market expansion will be fueled by a wide range of regional fertilizer producers and the construction of new manufacturing facilities and distribution networks. In addition, growing consumer demand for high-end items and improved knowledge of the usage of organic fluid fertilizers will encourage market growth.
The key players in the global Liquid Fertilizers market include - Agrium Incorporated (U.S.), AgroLiquid (U.S.), Haifa Chemicals Ltd. (Israel), Israel Chemical Ltd. (ICL) (Israel), Kugler Company (U.S.), Rural Liquid Fertilizers (RLF) (Australia), Yara International ASA (Norway), Compo Expert GmbH (Germany), K+S Aktiengesellschaft (Germany) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- November 2022: Quick Plant Nutrients LLC, a subsidiary of Interoceanic Corporation, announced that it would be purchasing Spring Valley, USA's brands, assets, and trademarks. This merger has brought together two family-owned businesses that are known for producing fertilizer to produce products of the highest caliber and are perfectly in line with the demands of farmers on the commercial market.
- August 2022: Incitec Pivot Fertilizers will purchase an Australian manufacturer of Liquid Fertilizers named Yara Nipro. With this acquisition, Yara Nipro's products and expertise will be added to Incitec Pivot Fertilizers' roster, and manufacturing will also be expanded in several locations.
- November 2019: As part of its attempts to reduce the use of chemical fertilizers and increase farmers' income, IFFCO launches its nanotechnology-based products, nano nitrogen, nano zinc, and nano copper, for on-field trials.
- September 2019: Ruralco Holdings was acquired by Nutrien Ltd. This plan sought to improve Nutrien Ltd.'s services and product delivery in Australia.
- January 2019: An online expert system called NutriNetTM was introduced by Haifa Group to assist and streamline the process of developing specialized fertilization plans. It offers growers free assistance in creating fertilization plans.
Segmentation of the Global Liquid Fertilizers Market
By Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Others (Turf, Ornamentals, & Nursery Plants)
- Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN)
- Urea-Ammonium Nitrate (UAN)
- Potassium Nitrate
- Phosphorus Pentoxide (P2 O5)
- Others (Boron, Chloride, & Iron)
- Others (Starter Solution & Aerial Applications)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Agrium Incorporated (U.S.)
- AgroLiquid (U.S.)
- Haifa Chemicals Ltd. (Israel)
- Israel Chemical Ltd. (ICL) (Israel)
- Kugler Company (U.S.)
- Rural Liquid Fertilizers (RLF) (Australia)
- Yara International ASA (Norway)
- Compo Expert GmbH (Germany)
- K+S Aktiengesellschaft (Germany)
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
|Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options