The global Laundry Detergent Market is valued at USD 62.3 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 103.8 by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.6% between 2023 and 2030.
Laundering detergent is a type of detergent that is used to clean laundry. Laundry Detergent is available in both powder and liquid form. Various types of solvents are used to improve cleaning, and a tiny amount of cleaning agent, which is needed for its operation, is added to the solvent. These Laundry Detergent soften hydrophobic stains and keep them from adhering to garments again. As people become more concerned about cleanliness and hygiene, they are adopting healthier practices. As a result, more cleaning goods, such as Laundry Detergent, are being utilized in the home. Suppliers in the worldwide Laundry Detergent industry sell their products online and through e-commerce platforms. The addition of scented chemicals to Laundry Detergent has become a major trend in the global Laundry Detergent market in recent years. The household segment is expected to lead the market over the forecast period. The rising adoption of washing machines in developing countries is expected to fuel growth. Many vendors are attempting to improve their market share by establishing operations in developing countries with considerable revenue potential.
Laundry Detergent Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD )
- Rising washing machine penetration in developing nations is expected to be a key driver of demand throughout the forecast period. Furthermore, technological developments are expected to drive growth.
- The Transportation segment will continue to assert its dominance by application, capturing the largest market share globally throughout the forecast period 2023 to 2030.
- The Asia Pacific region truly exercised in 2022, taking the spotlight with a commanding revenue share of 40.6%.
- Looking ahead, the North American region appears to be on the verge of an exciting adventure, with all signals pointing to great growth. The CAGR expected between 2023 and 2030 is nothing short of remarkable.
Top Market Trends
- The industry's rivalry is highly concentrated, with Proctor & Gamble controlling the majority of market share. Because of the increased penetration of the company's brands, such as Tide and Gain, it is the unchallenged leader in this sector.
- The mature Laundry Detergent industry in the United States is extremely concentrated, with multinational vendors. The drive toward product innovation in terms of formula and packaging is the primary factor driving sales. Procter & Gamble's goal of developing ecologically friendly goods, such as Tide porcelain, became a crucial component in propelling the company's success in the country.
- due to its ease of access and convenience, e-commerce is likely to be a crucial element driving product growth, particularly among the working class. Companies like Amazon, Target, and Walgreens dominate the e-commerce marketplace. E-commerce is predicted to be the fastest-growing distribution channel.
- The Laundry Detergent industry is now seeing phenomenal growth as a result of a number of advantageous factors that have helped the success of the business. People are more likely to use Laundry Detergent to keep their garments clean and fresh as urbanization has enhanced people's awareness of the need for personal hygiene and a clean environment.
- Increases in the quantity of accessible consumer spending money. Because customers now have more disposable income, they are more likely to be ready to spend a greater amount on high-quality Laundry Detergent in order to extend the life of their clothing.
- The global Laundry Detergent market is expanding at a rapid pace as people's living standards rise, encouraging them to purchase high-quality products for their daily lives. People all over the world are turning to biodegradable Laundry Detergent, including natural washing soda, coconut oil, plant-based enzymes, and mineral-based surfactants. In the coming years, all of these variables will create profitable market opportunities for important participants.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
A variety of distinct economic actions can hinder the expansion of the Laundry Detergent market. For example, the rise of the on-demand economy has lowered the number of people who own washing machines, lowering demand for Laundry Detergent. Furthermore, as sustainable living becomes more fashionable, some consumers are converting to natural and eco-friendly Laundry Detergent options, which can be more expensive than regular Laundry Detergent. Increased unemployment may also result in lower demand for Laundry Detergent, as persons with lower incomes may spend less on home goods.
Inflation can cause Laundry Detergent prices to rise, making it less affordable for customers.
The Global Laundry Detergent Market is categorized into the segments as mentioned below:
The global Laundry Detergent market can be categorized into Product Type, Application, Distribution Channel, Region. The Laundry Detergent market can be categorized into Powder, Liquid, Gel, Pods/Tablets based on Product Type. The Laundry Detergent market can be categorized into Industrial, Household based on Application. The Laundry Detergent market can be categorized into Online, Supermarket/ Hypermarket, Convenience Stores, Independent Retailers, Other Channels based on Distribution Channel. The Laundry Detergent market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product Type
Powder to Lead Maximum Market Share Due to the Rise Rapidly In Developing Economies
In 2022, the Powder segment is poised to dominate the global market for Laundry Detergent. The product is predicted to rise rapidly in developing economies such as India, China, and Brazil, among others. Powder detergent is gaining traction in developing nations since consumers in the region choose low-cost products. Furthermore, a big portion of the population lives in rural areas and prefers powder-based products to other items. This category includes washing powders and detergents, which are commonly used in homes around the world. Despite the introduction of new varieties such as liquid, gel, and foam detergents, the Powder Segment has retained its supremacy due to its low cost, effectiveness in eliminating stains, and capacity to fully clean garments.
Based on Application
Household segment Expects Dominion Owing to the Growing Demand for Laundry Detergent.
In 2022, the Household segment will dominate the Laundry Detergent market. The expanding importance of healthier lifestyles, combined with rising consumer worries about germs, bacteria, dust, and filth, has resulted in increased per capita spending on household cleaning goods, especially Laundry Detergents. Scent has become increasingly essential in household cleaning items in recent years, as consumers prefer products with a nice odor, forcing vendors to offer variations on their products. Furthermore, factors such as increased household spending and real estate industry expansion as a result of housing unit growth have increased global demand for Keyword items. Consumers are becoming more aware of Laundry Detergent solutions such as gels, pods, and liquids as a result of increasing marketing efforts by industry companies.
Based on the Distribution Channel
Supermarket/Hypermarket segment Expects Dominion Owing to the Due of their Enormous Volume of Sales
In 2022, the Supermarket/Hypermarket segment will dominate the Laundry Detergent market. Supermarkets and hypermarkets provide a one-stop shop for a large range of home goods, including laundry detergents. This convenience is especially enticing to busy shoppers with limited shopping time. Laundry detergent brands and items are often more diverse in supermarkets and hypermarkets than in other distribution channels such as convenience stores and internet retailers. This provides consumers with more options, which might be significant for those who have special demands or preferences. Due to their enormous volume of sales, the supermarkets and hypermarkets are frequently able to provide reasonable prices on laundry detergents. This might be a significant factor for budget-conscious buyers.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific To Dominate Global Sales Owing to Growing Recognition Of Regional Brands
In 2022, the Asia Pacific region emerged as the dominant player in the Laundry Detergent market. Owing to greater competition due to the growing recognition of regional brands. The dynamics of the Laundry Detergent market are being influenced by increased competition between global and regional companies. For example, large corporations such as Unilever and Procter & Gamble are losing market share in India due to the advent of strong regional businesses such as Rohit Surfactants Pvt. Ltd. and Nirma Limited. Because of the growing popularity of regional brands in Asia Pacific, the Asia Pacific market is predicted to account for the greatest revenue share in the worldwide Laundry Detergent market throughout the forecast period. Increased rivalry between global and domestic firms in Asia Pacific countries is changing market dynamics in the region. As a result, major businesses are losing consumers to domestic players in the region, affecting revenue growth.
The Laundry Detergent industry in North America is rapidly growing in popularity. Adoption of a healthy lifestyle, combined with an increased concern for hygiene, has been one of the primary drivers for the North American Laundry Detergent industry in recent years. The well-established real estate sector, household expenditure, and housing unit expansion are some of the primary reasons driving household cleaner sales in the United States. The increased demand for organic and eco-friendly laundry care products is influencing the industry. This promotes diverse vendors to sell organic and environmentally friendly goods. This demand is predicted to increase market revenue. Vendors, for example, are constantly releasing goods containing biodegradable chemicals, such as natural washing soda, coconut oil & mineral-based surfactants, and plant-based enzymes.
The global Laundry Detergent market is highly competitive, with various key players operating in the industry. Some of the major companies in the market include BASF SE, Clariant AG, Kao Corporation, Croda International, E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Procter & Gamble, Unger Fabrikker AS, The Dow Chemical Company, and Unilever Plc. These businesses are focusing on research and development in order to create innovative and sustainable products. Furthermore, strategic alliances, mergers, and acquisitions are common in the industry as organizations seek to extend their product offerings and market presence.
The key players in the global Laundry Detergent market include - BASF SE (Germany), Clariant AG (Switzerland), Croda International (U.S.), E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.), Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (Germany), Kao Corporation (Japan), Procter & Gamble (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Unger Fabrikker AS (Norway), Unilever PLC (UK) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In July 2022, Dirt Is Good (also known as Persil, Skip, and OMO), Unilever's most renowned laundry brand, developed a newly manufactured capsule to aid in decarbonizing the washing process and providing advanced cleaning performance. The new capsules come in cardboard containers rather than plastic packaging, which will save almost 6,000 tonnes of materials from the waste stream each year.
- In January 2022, Henkel announced plans to merge its laundry, home care, and beauty care businesses into Henkel Consumer Brands by the beginning of 2023. The goal of pooling resources is to create a multiple-consumer platform. Because of the enhanced infrastructure, the business can deliver better customer service as a result of the link.
- In July 2023, Carbona has entered the detergent market with new detergent sheets. Carbona Laundry Detergent Sheets are supposed to simplify washing by providing a lightweight, pre-measured sheet that is simple to use and store. According to the firm, the sheets disintegrate completely and leave no residue in conventional or short wash cycles and in cold, warm, or hot water.
Segmentation of the Global Laundry Detergent Market
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarket/ Hypermarket
- Convenience Stores
- Independent Retailers
- Other Channels
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Clariant AG (Switzerland)
- Croda International (U.S.)
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.)
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (Germany)
- Kao Corporation (Japan)
- Procter & Gamble (U.S.)
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
- Unger Fabrikker AS (Norway)
- Unilever PLC (UK)
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
|Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options