Global Isoparaffin Solvents Market is valued at USD 807.02 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1038.28 Million by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 3.20% over the forecast period.
The Isoparaffin Solvents Market has been witnessing strong growth over the past few years, owing to the increasing demand from various end-use industries. The major driving factors for the market growth are the growing construction industry, rising automotive production, and expanding furniture and packaging industries. Moreover, isoparaffins have low toxicity levels and are non-carcinogenic in nature, which makes them ideal for use in various applications. With the rapid industrialization and urbanization in emerging economies, the demand for Isoparaffin Solvents is expected to increase significantly over the forecast period.
The economic downturn has caused many consumers to tighten their belts and cut back on spending, further impacting sales of Isoparaffin Solvents. However, there are some silver linings to be found. The decrease in demand has led to a decrease in prices, making these products more affordable for those who still need them. Additionally, many companies are offering sales and discounts on Isoparaffin Solvents in an effort to boost business. Despite the challenges posed by the pandemic, the Isoparaffin Solvents Market is still alive and well. The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for isoparaffins and accounted for more than 50% of the global demand in 2021.
Isoparaffin Solvents Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
People are likely to buy more of the product as infrastructure in developing countries keeps getting better. The demand for chemicals is anticipated to rise as building construction increases. Additionally, there is substantial demand for odorless paints, which is forecasted to attract massive demand and help the business develop. In addition, rising government spending on homes is anticipated to usher in lucrative expansion possibilities for the sector. Taking these factors into account could result in a rise in demand for Isoparaffin Solvents. However, the material's scarcity and the expensive price will certainly hinder the expansion of the sector. Since Isoparaffin Solvents can quickly dissolve resins and pigments, it is expected that the paints and coatings industry would be the largest application segment over the forecast period.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
In addition, these solvents exhibit good compatibility with alkyd resins, which are extensively used in the manufacturing of enamels, lacquers, and primers. The need for these solvents is also being fueled by the rising use of water-based varnishes and paints. Another major element fueling demand is the expanding application of Isoparaffin Solvents in the aerospace and automotive sectors. For Isoparaffin Solvents, the Asia-Pacific area stands out as the largest potential market in the next years. This is because they are becoming increasingly popular in China and India in end-use industries such as paints and coatings, adhesives and sealants, printing inks, and cosmetics and personal care. In addition, one of the primary reasons propelling the expansion of the market is the increasing demand for Isoparaffin Solvents in the cosmetics and personal care sector.
However, there are challenges in the industry, such as the high price of raw materials and the unpredictability of prices. Consequently, the demand for Isoparaffin Solvents is restrained by the availability of alternative alternatives. The high cost of Isoparaffin Solvents compared to other solvents is another factor limiting the growth of the sector. Strict regulations on the use of Isoparaffin Solvents in several places are slowing the market.
Top Market Trends
Over the past few years, the market for Isoparaffin Solvents has been growing at a steady rate. This is because industries like paints and coatings and cosmetics are using more and more of them.
● The United States is the largest market for Isoparaffin Solvents in North America, followed by Canada. The US market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period, while the Canadian market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% due to the presence of major players such as Exxon Mobil Corporation (US), Royal Dutch Shell PLC (Netherlands), and Chevron Corporation (US) in the region.
● Increasing demand from the automotive industry: Isoparaffin Solvents are widely used in automotive applications such as paint stripping, cleaning, and degreasing. The automotive industry is one of the largest consumers of Isoparaffin Solvents and is expected to continue to drive strong growth in the market.
● Growing demand from the electronics industry: Isoparaffin Solvents are also used in a variety of electronic applications such as cleaning circuit boards and other sensitive components. The electronics industry is another major consumer of these solvents and is expected to see strong growth in the coming years.
● Increasing use in green applications: Isoparaffin Solvents are considered to be more environmentally friendly than traditional petroleum-based solvents. This is leading to an increase in their use in a variety of "green" applications such as cleaning solar panels and wind turbines.
● An increase in demand for Isoparaffin Solvents from end-use industries such as automotive and healthcare is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
● In addition, a rise in the use of isoparaffins in formulations of personal care products such as hair sprays, perfumes, deodorants, and shaving creams owing to their properties such as volatility and scent retention is anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period.
The Global Isoparaffin Solvents Market is classified based on Product Types, Applications, and Region. Based on the Product Type, the market is divided into linear and branched C4-C8, C9-C11, C12, C13-C14, and C15<. Based on the Application, the market is classified into Paints & Coatings, Industrial, Adhesives & Sealants, Polymerization, Agrochemical, Pharma & Personal Care Products, and Other Applications. The global market is segmented by Region into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product Type
Linear and branched segments of the Isoparaffin Solvents Market are expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% and 4.7%, respectively, during the forecast period. The linear segment is projected to account for the largest share of the Isoparaffin Solvents Market in 2022. The C4-C8 segment accounted for a significant share of the Global Isoparaffin Solvents Market in 2021 owing to its widespread applications in industries such as automotive, construction, and packaging. The C9-C11 segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to its properties such as low volatility and high flash point. The C12 segment held a major share of the Global Isoparaffin Solvents Market in 2021 on account of its wide usage in applications such as paint strippers & removers. The C13-C14 molecules are the most popular because they offer a good balance of properties such as evaporation rate, boiling point, and viscosity.
The C15< molecules tend to be less versatile and are typically used only in specific applications where their properties are beneficial. Linear isoparaffins are further sub-segmented into L-grade, M-grade, and H-grade. Normal isoparaffins are sub-segmented into n-butane, iso-butane, and sec-butane. Linear isoparaffins are high boiling point solvents with low vapor pressure. They have excellent electrical insulating properties and low toxicity. The C15< isoparaffin market is primarily driven by the growing demand for solvents in the paints & coatings industry. Linear isoparaffins are used as cleaning agents, degreasers, extraction solvents, and aerosols. L-grade linear isoparaffins have the highest boiling point and longest carbon chain among all grades of linear isoparaffins. M-grade linear isoparaffins have a moderate boiling point and carbon chain length. H-grade linear isoparaffins have the lowest boiling point and shortest carbon chain length. Normal isoparaffins are low boiling point solvents with high vapor pressure. They have good electrical insulating properties and low toxicity. Normal isoparaffins are used as cleaning agents, degreasers, extraction solvents, and aerosols. n-Butane has the longest carbon chain among all grades of normal isoparaffins.
Based on Application
The paints and coatings application is the largest consumer of Isoparaffin Solvents, accounting for more than 40% of total demand. Paints and coatings are used in a wide variety of end-use sectors such as automotive, construction, packaging, furniture, appliances, and others. The automotive sector is the largest user of paints and coatings, followed by the construction sector.
Paints & Coatings are the largest application segment for Isoparaffin Solvents due to the growing construction and automotive industries. The paints and coatings industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% by 2023. Isoparaffin is used as a heat transfer fluid in a variety of industrial applications. Adhesives are the second largest application segment for Isoparaffin Solvents due to the growing demand from the packaging industry. The printing ink application segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The adhesives and sealants application is the second-largest consumer of Isoparaffin Solvents, accounting for about 30% of total demand. Isoparaffin can be used as a polymerization solvent or diluent. Its high solvency allows for the production of homopolymers and copolymers with a variety of monomers. Additionally, its lack of odor makes it ideal for use in food contact applications. Isoparaffin is an effective agrochemical solvent due to its high solvency and low toxicity. In the pharmaceutical and personal care industries, isoparaffins are used as solvents and emollients. The printing inks segment comprises letterpress inks, flexographic inks, gravure inks, digital inks, and UV-curable inks. The adhesives segment is classified into pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs), hot melt adhesives (HMAs), water-based adhesives (WBAs), solvent-based adhesives (SBAs), epoxy adhesives (EAs), acrylic adhesives (AAs), rubber-based adhesives (RBAs), cyanoacrylate adhesives (CASs), silicone ad.
Based on Region
North America is expected to dominate the Isoparaffin Solvents Market owing to the high demand from the paints & coatings industry. The United States is a major market for Isoparaffin Solvents in North America. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market for Isoparaffin Solvents because the pharmaceutical industry is making more and more use of them. Germany and France are major markets for Isoparaffin Solvents in Europe. The Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market for Isoparaffin Solvents due to the increasing demand from the personal care & cosmetics industry. China and India are major markets for Isoparaffin Solvents in the Asia Pacific. Due to rising demand from the auto industry, the market for Isoparaffin Solvents is expected to grow slowly in Latin America. Brazil and Mexico are major markets for Isoparaffin Solvents in Latin America. The Middle East and Africa are expected to witness slow growth in the Isoparaffin Solvents Market due to the low demand from end-use industries.
The Isoparaffin Solvents Market in North America is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% by 2024. The US is the largest market for Isoparaffin Solvents in North America. The growth of the Isoparaffin Solvents Market in North America is driven by the increasing demand from the paint and coatings industry. The Isoparaffin Solvents Market in Europe is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% in the forecast period. Germany is the largest market for Isoparaffin Solvents in Europe. The growth of the Isoparaffin Solvents Market in Europe is driven by the increasing demand from the automotive industry. The Isoparaffin Solvents Market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% in the time frame. China is the largest market for Isoparaffin Solvents in the Asia Pacific. Due to rising demand from China and India, they are expected to be the market that grows the fastest during the forecast period. The growth of the Isoparaffin Solvents Market in the Asia Pacific is driven by the increasing demand from the construction industry.
The key players in the Global Isoparaffin Solvents Market include- Exxon Mobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Demits Kosan Co. Ltd, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Total S.A., Mehta Petro Refineries Limited, RB Products Inc., Maruzen Petrochemical Co. Ltd., Braskem and others.
Recent developments in Isoparaffin Solvents have been driven by the need for more environmentally friendly products.
● Isoparaffins are derived from petroleum and are typically used as solvents in cleaning and degreasing applications. However, due to their high toxicity and potential for environmental contamination, isoparaffins are being replaced by more environmentally friendly solvents such as alcohols, glycols, and ketones.
● The isoparaffin solvent market has undergone some changes in recent years. The most significant change has been the introduction of Isoparaffin Solvents made from renewable resources. These solvents are made from plant-derived oils and are designed to be more environmentally friendly than traditional petroleum-based solvents. Other changes in the isoparaffin solvent market include the development of new formulations for specific applications, such as paint strippers and cleaners.
● The other application segments such as adhesives & sealants, printing inks, and cleaners are also expected to contribute to the growth of the Isoparaffin Solvents Market. The adhesives & sealants industry is anticipated to grow at a significant rate owing to the rising demand for pressure-sensitive adhesives. Pressure-sensitive adhesives are extensively used in end-use industries such as automotive, packaging, and medical.
Segmentation of the Global Isoparaffin Solvents Market:
- Product Types (C4-C8, C9-C11, C12, C13-C14, C15 <)
- Applications (Paints & Coating, Industrial, Adhesives & Sealant, Polymerization, Agrochemical, Pharma & Personal Care Product, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Demits Kosan Co. Ltd
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Total S.A.
- Mehta Petro Refineries Limited
- RB Products Inc.
- Maruzen Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options