The global Frozen Pizza Market is valued at USD 20.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 29.8 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.5% between 2023 and 2030.
The global pizza consumption is incredibly high, with over 5 billion pizzas being sold annually, equating to approximately 350 slices devoured every second. Around 59% of adults prefer to have pizza for dinner, while 44% of kids choose it as a lunch option. 11% of adults like to snack on pizza while 2% sometimes have it for breakfast.
Frozen Pizza Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
In Norway, the average individual consumes around 11 pounds of pizza per year, while the nation as a whole consumes a staggering 47 million Frozen Pizzas annually. As for the United States, it holds the second position in pizza consumption worldwide. Americans devour an astounding 350 slices every second, with an average of 40 pizzas consumed by each person annually. Consequently, it comes as no surprise that 93% of Americans have enjoyed pizza within the last month, and approximately 13% of the population indulges in pizza daily. For instance, Ole & Lena's Pizzeria announced expansion plans to include wholesaling operations for Frozen Pizza offerings through retailers such as Walmart for select locations in the United States.
In the United Kingdom, Pizza has established itself as the preferred fast food option. Pizza is consumed by more than half of the population at least once every 10 days. The average weekly pizza consumption in the U.K. is 89 grams per person. For instance, ALDI Stores Ltd. (ALDI) introduced inexpensive Frozen Pizza products in the UK in January 2022. The two new Frozen Pizza products come in mozzarella cheese and tomato and pepperoni flavors under their Everyday Essentials banner. Hence, the increasing demand for low-budget, regular pizzas among consumers and new product launches will contribute to the growth of the segment during the forecast period. Also, Dr. Oetker announced the expansion of its Ristorante Frozen Pizza range with the launch of a new Vegan Society-certified Ristorante Margherita Pomodori pizza for consumers in the United Kingdom.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
- North America contributed more than 65% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR from 2023 to 2030
- By Crust type, the regular thin crust segment contributed more than 75% of revenue share in 2022.
- By Toppings, the vegetable toppings segment registered more than 33% of revenue share in 2022.
- By Distribution Channel, the HoReCa (Hotel, Restaurants, & Catering) segment recorded the most significant market share in 2022.
- By size, Regular size pizza holds the largest market share in 2022.
The developed countries are growing tremendously in the Frozen Pizza sector economic impacts. Americans spend a sizeable amount on Frozen Pizzas each year roughly $4.4 billion which reflects the persistent appeal of this quick meal choice. According to a report, the Simmons National Consumer Survey (NHCS), and the US Census, Digiorno has become the favorite brand among American pizza lovers. Similar to how it has grown in the United States, the Frozen Pizza market in the United Kingdom is expected to reach $1.15 billion and consume about 38 million units annually. Furthermore, sales of Frozen Pizza in Canada exceeded $1.3 billion, indicating a rise in the popularity of this quick lunch alternative. Grandiosa makes 18 varieties of Frozen Pizza, the most popular of which is the Grandiosa Classic with tomato sauce, Jarlsberg cheese, ham, and paprika. Each year, Grandiosa sells more than 9 million of this particular pizza. These numbers demonstrate the market's economic importance and customer demand for Frozen Pizza, which continues to offer chances for producers and merchants to profit from its steady expansion.
Top Market Trends
- Demand for Healthier Options is Growing: With consumers placing a higher value on health and well-being, there is an emerging market for Frozen Pizzas with healthier ingredients, lower sodium and saturated fat levels, and gluten-free or plant-based options. To appeal to health-conscious consumers, producers are responding to this trend by producing more nutrient-dense options, such as pizzas made with organic and natural ingredients.
- Premiumization and Gourmet Options: The Frozen Pizza market is moving towards more upscale and upscale options. To improve their Frozen Pizza experience, customers want distinct flavors of the highest caliber, artisanal toppings, and real ingredients. Due to this trend, artisanal Frozen Pizza options and niche brands that appeal to sophisticated palates have emerged.
- Innovative Flavors and Ethnic Cuisines: To satisfy the tastes of a wide range of consumers, Frozen Pizza producers are experimenting with new flavors and ethnic cuisines. As part of this trend, pizzas with flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and Latin America are being introduced. Customers can enjoy a wider variety of tastes and gourmet experiences from the comfort of their homes due to such cutting-edge services.
The Global Frozen Pizza market can be categorized on the following: Crust Type, Topping, Distribution Channel, Size, and Region. Based on Crust Type, the market is segmented into Regular Thin Crust, Extra Thin Crust, Deep-Dish Crust, and Others. Based on the Toppings, Frozen Pizza has been segmented into Meat Toppings and Vegetable Toppings. In addition, based on the Distribution Channel, the market is segmented into HoReCa (Hotel, Restaurants, & Catering), Online, and Offline. Based on the Size of the pizza, the market is distributed into Regular, Medium, and Large. Likewise, the market is segmented based on Region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on the Crust Type
Regular Thin Crust holds the largest share
Regular thin-crust pizzas are preferred by a sizable majority of consumers due to their adaptability and balanced ratio of dough to toppings. Regular thin-crust pizzas have gained popularity due to their wide appeal and capacity to accommodate a variety of topping options, making them a popular choice among fans of Frozen Pizza.
Based on the Toppings
Vegetable toppings will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market for vegetable toppings is expanding quickly due to their distinct flavor and taste, as well as their lower fat level when compared to other toppings. The demand for various vegetable toppings is also being boosted by consumers' growing propensity to try out novel and distinctive topping options. Frozen Pizzas with vegetable toppings are anticipated to experience considerable growth in response to the rising demand for vegetarian and vegan options. This will allow them to reach a wider market and better suit consumers' changing dietary preferences.
Based on Distribution Channel
HoReCa (Hotel, Restaurants, & Catering) dominates the Frozen Pizza Market
The HoReCa (Hotel, Restaurants & Catering) distribution channel leads and dominates the Frozen Pizza business. This can be attributable to the extensive availability of Frozen Pizzas in lodging facilities, dining venues, and catering businesses that serve a sizable clientele. For customers wishing to enjoy Frozen Pizzas as part of their dining-out experiences or for events and gatherings, HoReCa channels offer simplicity and accessibility. Frozen Pizzas are often used in HoReCa restaurants, which demonstrates their popularity as a practical and fulfilling food choice for customers looking for quick and delectable meals in a catering and hospitality atmosphere.
Based on Size
Regular-size pizza will take over the market during the forecast period
Regular-sized pizzas are expected to dominate the market because of their adaptability and suitability for consumption by one person or small groups. Regular-size pizzas are preferred by a variety of customers because they strike a balance between convenience and amount quantity. Regular-size pizzas provide the right size for the majority of occasions, whether they are consumed as a quick lunch or are shared by a few people, which contributes to their anticipated market domination in the Frozen Pizza sector.
Based on Region
North America accounted for the most significant Revenue
The Frozen Pizza market in North America generated the most revenue. Several factors, such as high consumer demand for quick and easy-to-eat food options, a thriving frozen food industry, and a culture that values pizza as a common entrée, all contribute to the region's successful performance. Its top revenue ranking can be attributed to the existence of well-known Frozen Pizza brands as well as the large range of flavors and alternatives offered in the North American market. The market's expansion in the area has also been aided by the rising popularity of online food delivery services and the broad availability of Frozen Pizzas at retail establishments.
The global Frozen Pizza market is highly fragmented, with various small & large players, including numerous brands, and developed countries. A wide variety of healthy versions of pizza are being offered by top manufacturers in the market due to the rising demand for healthy food products among customers worldwide. Additionally, because vegetables are so nutritious, consumers are favoring pizzas with vegetables as the primary topping. Consumption of Frozen Pizza is increasing, which encourages manufacturers to develop goods with longer shelf lives. Leading food and beverage companies are anticipated to contribute to the global expansion of Frozen Pizza through plans to create new flavor formulas and investigate unexplored markets in developing nations.
The key players in the global Frozen Pizza market include Bellisio Foods Inc. (U.S.), Hansen Foods Inc. (U.S.), Nestle SA (Switzerland), One Planet Pizza (UK), Daiya Foods Inc. (Canada), McCain Foods Ltd. (Canada), Oetker GmbH (Germany), California Pizza Kitchen Inc. (U.S.), Atkins Nutritionals Inc. (U.S.), Freiberger Lebensmittel Gmbh Co. (Germany) and others.
Recent Market Developments
- In September 2022, Dr. Oetker Poland, a dominant multinational FMCG company, announced that they have collaborated with Violife, an innovative vegan cheese company, to launch a plant-based pizza. The indigenous plant-based pizza from Dr. Oetker will contain mildly spicy tomato sauce, mushrooms, green pepper, tomatoes, and the signature cheddar flavor cheese from Violife.
- In November 2021, HyFun Foods, a dominant producer and exporter of frozen snacks in India, announced the launch of its new variants of Frozen Pizza lines namely Veggie Paradise, Tandoori Paneer, Garden Fresh, and Classic Margherita for QSR. The company claims the baking time of these Frozen Pizza variants to be between 7-9 minutes and is 100% vegetarian, ideally meeting the QSR menu.
- In June 2021, Brazi Bites announced the launch of a new product line - Pizza'nadas, a fusion of Frozen Pizzas and empanadas, for sale to consumers in the United States.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Size (Regular, Medium, Large)
- Distribution Channel (HoReCa (Hotel, Restaurants, & Catering), Offline Sales, Online Sales)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
- Crust Type (Regular Thin Crust, Extra Thin, Crust Deep-Dish, Others)
- Topping (Meat Topping, Vegetable Topping )
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Bellisio Foods Inc. (U.S.)
- Hansen Foods Inc. (U.S.)
- Nestle SA (Switzerland)
- One Planet Pizza (UK)
- Daiya Foods Inc. (Canada)
- McCain Foods Ltd. (Canada)
- Oetker GmbH (Germany)
- California Pizza Kitchen Inc. (U.S.)
- Atkins Nutritionals Inc. (U.S.)
- Freiberger Lebensmittel Gmbh Co. (Germany)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options