The global Flow Chemistry Market is valued at USD 1.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3.2 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 7.1% over the forecast period.
Flow Chemistry, or continuous flow or plug Flow Chemistry involves a chemical reaction that runs in a constant flow stream. The process offers the potential for the efficient manufacturing of chemical products. The global Flow Chemistry market is expected to dominate during the forecast period in terms of growth owing to rising awareness surrounding development and increasing pharmaceuticals and the chemical industry. Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic reduced oil prices leading to lowered feedstock costs. This proved advantageous for the chemical industry. Leading to a low demand in the chemical industry for reactors, Flow Chemistry was preferable. This positively augmented the global Flow Chemistry market.
The pandemic highlighted the gaps and holes in the global pharmaceutical industry. Increased reliance on China in terms of manufacturing was displayed. These gaps in the supply were quickly ironed out as the pandemic moved lapsed. Many countries increased their manufacturing capabilities to avoid reliance. This expanded the footprint for the global Flow Chemistry market to flourish. The United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) advocated the use of Flow Chemistry for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) production. This widely increased the utilization of Flow Chemistry within the U.S., propelling the market size. They were used for extraction, chromatography, and reactions with supercritical fluids, providing several advantages over the batch process. During the forecast period, these factors were valuable for the global Flow Chemistry market.
Moreover, green solvents such as methanol and acetone can be used safely in flow reactors under high pressure and elevated temperatures. Factors such as smaller equipment sizes decreased wastages, lowered costs, and faster times to market for the next generation of medication are offered by utilization Flow Chemistry within operations. Increasing investments in R&D by reactor manufacturers and end-users are projecting increased market growth. Prominent manufacturers are stepping up their investment practices to optimize their manufacturing practices to increase their yield to be synthesized. Rising demand for fine and specialty chemicals drives the market leader to create partnerships with end-users, promoting widening growth.
Flow Chemistry Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
According to various studies, various government agencies are working to keep inflation at a lower rate. Additionally, the labor market is slowing down, which is expected to put less pressure on wages. However, this is expected to put extreme strain on the economic activities of many developed and developing countries. Economists have predicted a 70% chance of a recession in 2023. Various experts have quoted that a recession is the most effective way to tackle inflation. Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine on February 24th, 2022. The ongoing conflict, directly and indirectly, impacts various sectors of the economy. Sanctions have been imposed on the Russian economy by eliminating Russian goods from various global trades. Since Russia controls a good portion of the oil supply to the European continent, the sales of oil and gas accounting software have remained strong within the Russian mainland.
Top Market Trends
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
1. Rising Awareness Regarding Sustainable Technology: The global Flow Chemistry market is expected to multiply during the forecast period. It is considered one of the most efficient ways to solve green chemistry and energy issues. The practical usage of energy and time plays a pivotal role in green chemistry. Flow Chemistry offers the temperature conditions in a batch reactor that are limited to the atmospheric boiling point of the reagents. This leads to improved space and time efficiency. Additionally, Flow Chemistry reactors are highly viable for performing rapid exothermic reactions, which can be challenging to complete in a batch reactor. These factors promote a positive environment for the global Flow Chemistry market to grow.
2. Increased Advantages: As mentioned, Flow Chemistry reactors are highly compatible with numerous green solvents. These include methanol and acetone. These green solvents must be carried out under high pressure and elevated temperatures. Additionally, continuous flow methods for extraction, chromatography, and reactions with supercritical fluids can provide several advantages over the commonly used batch process. The ability to work with supercritical fluids is expected to prove advantageous for the Flow Chemistry reactors to capture a broader market.
3. Continuous Innovations: The global Flow Chemistry market is expected to grow at a larger CAGR as it is prone to constant development. The current generation of Flow Chemistry reactors can provide high yield in less time and with fewer materials. Additionally, with a lower capital cost and equipment need, the global Flow Chemistry market is expected to grow at an incremental pace. They present high economic gains, increase operational and worker efficiency, and create opportunities for on-demand production. Rising pressure from the consensus to reduce waste generation and the need to eliminate non-renewable methods for production is expected to push the growth of the global Flow Chemistry market.
The global Flow Chemistry market can be categorized on the following: Application, Reactor Type, and Regions. Based on application, the market can be categorized into pharmaceuticals, chemicals, academia & research, petrochemicals, and others. By reactor type, the market can be segmented across CSTR (continuous stirred-tank reactor), plug flow reactor, microreactor, microwave systems, and others. By Likewise, based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Application
Chemical to Account for Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Utilization of Environmentally-Friendly Technologies
The global Flow Chemistry market is expected to be dominated by the segmental growth of chemicals during the forecast period in terms of revenue and share. Factors such as rising utilization of environmentally friendly technologies such as Flow Chemistry to reduce greenhouse gas emissions are expected to add value to the global Flow Chemistry market. Additionally, the rising demand for specialty chemicals from the automotive industry is positively impacting the growth of the chemical industry. Pharmaceuticals will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to increasing collaboration with various industry and academic sectors. Additionally, introducing new methodologies for manufacturing chemicals and APIs is expected to push the growth of the pharmaceutical industry toward a new horizon.
Based on Reactor Type
CSTR to Lead Market Due to Higher Adoption and Simple Construction
The continuous stirred-tank reactor is the most commonly used reactor type for the Flow Chemistry market during the forecast period. Higher adaptability, simple construction design, and good temperature control are expected to drive CSTR segmental growth. Lower cost and increasing utilization towards two-phase runs lead to increased CSTR equipment sales. CSTR is widely utilized in various end-use industries, such as water and wastewater treatment. These factors are expected to pave the way for CSTR equipment to reign its dominance. Plug flow reactors will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to being commonly utilized for gas phase reactions. Additionally, the absence of moving parts, a higher conversion rate, and a simple operation mechanism are expected to increase the footprint of plug-flow reactors.
Based on Region
North America to Lead Global Sales Owing to Adoption of Highly Developed Technologies
The global Flow Chemistry market is expected to dominate the Asia Pacific region in terms of revenue and share. Factors such as the rising adoptability of highly developed technologies and the availability of a highly skilled workforce are expected to drive regional market growth. Additionally, highly developed infrastructure, rising investments in R&D, and a robust manufacturing industry will further increase the footprint of the North American Flow Chemistry market. The presence of dominant pharmaceutical manufacturers in the region, especially in the U.S., combined with rising investments by petrochemical manufacturers, is expected to drive market demand.
Asia Pacific is expected to grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising health awareness, increasing need for generic drugs, and a rising senior population. Factors such as increasing environmental pollution awareness are leading to higher adoption of greener and more efficient technologies, pushing the market's growth.
The global Flow Chemistry market is expected to be dominated by continuous technological innovation. The dominant players operating in the market are significantly investing in their R&D capabilities and developing instruments for optimizing their production methods and improving the yield of their products that need to be synthesized. Regional and international expansion is a factor that the market leaders focus to increase their consumer base.
The key players in the global Flow Chemistry market include - AM Technology (U.K.), CEM Corporation (U.S.), Milestone SRL (Italy), Biotage AB (Sweden), Syrris Ltd. (U.K.), Vapourtec Ltd. (U.K.), ThalesNano Inc. (Hungary), HEL Group (U.K.), Uniqsis Ltd. (U.K.), Chemtrix BV (Netherlands), Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS (Germany), Future Chemistry (Netherlands), Holding BV (Netherlands), Corning Incorporated (U.S.), Cambridge Reactor Design Ltd. (U.K.), PDC Machines Inc. (U.S.), Parr Instrument Company (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments:
· April 2021: H.E.L Group announced that they signed a distribution agreement with ThalesNano Energy for H-Genie bench-top high-pressure hydrogen generator.
· January 2021: Chemtrix BV announced that they successfully implemented Continuous Flow Process Equipment at Almac Science.
Segmentation of the Global Flow Chemistry Market
- Application (Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Academia & Research, Petrochemicals, Other Applications)
- Reactor Type (CSTR (Continuous Stirred-Tank Reactor), Plug Flow Reactor, Microreactor, Microwave Systems, Other Reactor Types)
- End Users (Pharmaceutical & Medical, Water & Wastewater Treatment, Food & Beverage, Mining, Pulp & Paper, Other End Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- AM Technology (U.K.)
- CEM Corporation (U.S.)
- Milestone SRL (Italy)
- Biotage AB (Sweden)
- Syrris Ltd. (U.K.)
- Vapourtec Ltd. (U.K.)
- ThalesNano Inc. (Hungary)
- HEL Group (U.K.)
- Uniqsis Ltd. (U.K.)
- Chemtrix BV (Netherlands)
- Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS (Germany)
- Future Chemistry (Netherlands)
- Holding BV (Netherlands)
- Corning Incorporated (U.S.)
- Cambridge Reactor Design Ltd. (U.K.)
- PDC Machines Inc. (U.S.)
- Parr Instrument Company (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options