The global Energy Drinks Market is valued at USD 87.2 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 168.7 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 8.60% between 2023 and 2030.
Energy Drinks are cocktails containing energizing components such as taurine, cocaine, vitamins, glucuronolactone, custom mixes, herbal supplements, and micronutrients, all of which aid in increasing physical endurance and cognitive performance. Energy Drinks can help you stay hydrated during a workout. Originally classed as nutritional supplements, they were reclassified as Energy Drinks due to their capacity to provide consumers with long-lasting energy while also alleviating physical and mental fatigue. Energy Drinks include high levels of stimulants such as caffeine, ginseng, taurine, guarana, and others. It improves mental and physical performance. Carbonation is optional in Energy Drinks. Unlike sports drinks, which replace both electrolytes and water during and after physical activity, they do not. They differ from tea and coffee in that they are brewed, include fewer ingredients, and often provide decaffeinated variants. Taurine, another vital component, is required for the growth of skeletal muscle and cardiovascular health.
Energy Drinks Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Rising health consciousness, changing consumer lifestyles, and expanding consumer awareness of health and wellness products are projected to drive the Energy Drinks market.
- The cans sector will maintain its packaging supremacy, garnering the biggest market share globally from 2023 to 2030.
- In 2022, North America had the highest revenue share of more than 30.60%.
- From 2023 to 2030, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing geographical market.
Top Market Trends
- The most popular supplements for teenagers and young adults are Energy Drinks. The bulk of these beverages are eaten by men aged 18 to 34. This increase is linked to increased awareness and participation in sports among the younger generation.
- Brands are introducing sugar-free and calorie-free Energy Drinks. These items meet the need for healthier alternatives, which can help athletes or obese consumers. Sugar-free variations can also be beneficial to lactose-intolerant customers
- These beverages are regarded as one of the fastest-growing beverage segments in the world, and they continued growth throughout the pandemic despite significant adjustments in consumption of other goods, which fueled expansion in the Keyword market.
- Furthermore, convenience and RTD format are fuelling demand. As a result, prominent brands are proactively responding to customer wants, and products are reaching a wider audience.
- The Energy Drinks market is expected to increase significantly as a result of the strong demand exhibited in the sports industry. The number of sales to sportsmen and sportspeople who wish to improve their performance and stamina is increasing at an incredible rate. Because of these characteristics, the market for sports-related goods and services is predicted to expand significantly, resulting in the formation of innovative and rewarding market growth possibilities.
- Furthermore, breakthroughs in caffeine development immediately benefit the market. Future-Chemicals provides caffeine derived from entire coffee cherries, which contains 70% natural caffeine and 5% antioxidant polyphenols. Finally, urbanization trends and rising disposable incomes in developing nations would increase market demand.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Economic downturns frequently result in increased unemployment, which might diminish demand for Energy Drinks. People who lose their employment might have less money to spend on Energy Drinks. Economic downturns can also result in government budget cuts, which can have an impact on public health campaign funding. This can lower consumer knowledge of the possible health dangers of Energy Drinks, making them more tempting. Currency fluctuations might also have an impact on the growth of the Energy Drinks market. If the value of the local currency falls, imported Energy Drinks may become more expensive, lowering demand for these items.
Energy Drinks The global Energy Drinks market can be categorized into Product, Type, Packaging, Distribution Channel, Region. The Energy Drinks market can be categorized into Drinks, Shots, Mixers based on Product. The Energy Drinks market can be categorized into Conventional, Organic based on Type. The Energy Drinks market can be categorized into Cans, Bottles, Others based on Packaging. The Energy Drinks market can be categorized into On-trade, Off-trade based on Distribution Channel. The Energy Drinks market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on the Packaging Type
Can Category to Lead Maximum Market Share Because they are extremely popular among millennials and Generation Z
In 2022, the can segment is poised to dominate the global market for Energy Drinks. Consumers' preferences and tastes have evolved, and they are increasingly preferring these beverages over canned wine and other alcoholic beverages. Young consumers prefer metal cans since they tend to be portable and do not shatter like glass. Many people are interested in useful energy beverages, many of which are accessible in cans. As a result, manufacturers have been attempting to enter this market by launching more products in this format. Metal cans are more popular among young people than glass bottles since they are lighter and less likely to break. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the closure of bars, pubs, and restaurants, which has increased the size of the canned beverage market and is expected to continue throughout the forecast period.
Based on Type
Conventional Segment Expects Dominion, Owing to the Lack Of Knowledge Among Organic Product Consumers
In 2022, the conventional segment will dominate the Energy Drinks market. The conventional category is expected to grow during the forecast period due to a lack of knowledge among organic product consumers. There is currently a lack of consumer awareness about the benefits of natural functional beverages in the organic industry, which is still in its infancy. Because of their diverse ingredients, conventional drinks are frequently cheaper than their organic counterparts. Consumers choose these drinks since they are less expensive than organic Energy Drinks. Furthermore, top brands such as Red Bull and Monster Energy sell their goods in traditional forms throughout geographies, which is favorably boosting the segment's growth.
Based on Region
North America To Dominate Global Sales Owing to Increase In Product Growth Advertisement And Promotion Activities
In 2022, the North American region emerged as the dominant player in the Energy Drinks market. Rising financial resources, the launch of several domestic brands, and an increase in product growth advertisement and promotion activities are all factors that can be linked to the region's growing appetite for the product, which can be attributed to the region's growing use of the product. North Americans have the greatest per capita use of Energy Drinks of any regional market in the world, owing to altering demographics as well as changing tastes and drinking patterns among consumers. Market globalization and migration both contributed to a shift in the drinking habits of consumers who had been gradually introduced to regular drinking habits. Throughout their lives, these consumers were exposed to new forms of alcohol. As a result, market participants now have more opportunities to diversify their beverage offers by integrating a wider range of beverages into their product lines.
The Energy Drinks industry in Asia Pacific is rapidly growing in popularity. The market is predicted to increase significantly in the economies of Japan, China, and India as a result of customers' willingness to sample new flavors and the strong demand from immigrants residing in the country who are interested in a variety of beverages. This expansion is expected to occur as a result of consumers' desire to try new flavors as well as immigrants' interest in other beverages. The launch of new items in the region with the purpose of targeting and appealing to a large number of consumers has fuelled demand for products in the region in large part.
The global Energy Drinks market is highly competitive, with various key players operating in the industry. Some of the major companies in the market include The Coca-Cola Company., Red Bull, Living Essentials, PepsiCo, Arizona Beverage Company, Suntory Holdings Limited, Rockstar Inc., Monster Beverage Corporation, Keurig Dr Pepper Inc., National Beverage Corp. These businesses are focusing on research and development in order to create innovative and sustainable products. Furthermore, strategic alliances, mergers, and acquisitions are common in the industry as organizations seek to extend their product offerings and market presence.
The key players in the global Energy Drinks market include - The Coca-Cola Company., Living Essentials, red bull, Monster Beverage Corporation, Arizona Beverage Company, PepsiCo, Rockstar Inc, Keurig Dr Pepper Inc., SUNTORY HOLDINGS LIMITED, National Beverage Corp among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In March 2023, Red Bull debuted its Summer Edition range in the United Kingdom with a new Juneberry taste Energy Drinks. According to the brand, the Juneberry drinks are now available at major retailers across the country in single and multipack varieties.
- In October 2022, Red Bull formed a strategic alliance with Keurig Dr. Pepper to market and sell its goods throughout Mexico.
- In September 2022, To appeal to a broader consumer base, Coca-Cola Europacific Partners (CCEP) added two fresh flavors to its Monster line-up. Monster Reserve White Pineapple and Monster Reserved Watermelon are two flavors that have been added to Monster's conventional Energy Drinks lineup.
Segmentation of the Global Energy Drinks Market
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- The Coca-Cola Company.
- Living Essentials
- red bull
- Monster Beverage Corporation
- Arizona Beverage Company
- Rockstar Inc
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.
- SUNTORY HOLDINGS LIMITED
- National Beverage Corp
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
|Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options