The global Endotracheal Tube Market is valued at USD 2.1 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3.1 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.9% over the forecast period.
An Endotracheal Tube is a catheter that is inserted into the trachea for the primary purpose of establishing and maintaining a patient's airway. This process is often conducted to ensure an adequate oxygen supply and carbon dioxide to the user. An Endotracheal Tube is usually inserted through the mouth or nose. The global Endotracheal Tube market is expected to grow significantly due to prominent driving factors such as rising demand for Endotracheal Tube owing to the rising number of surgical procedures due to increasing incidences of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other respiratory diseases. According to the World Health Organization report in 2019, respiratory disorders are the leading cause of death globally. This is expected to lead to more than 4 million deaths every year. This is expected to increase the utilization of the endotracheal market at an exponential rate.
The rising number of surgeries is expected to increase the footprint of the global Endotracheal Tube market. According to a Global Surgery and Anaesthesia Statistics Report study, more than 313 million procedures are performed yearly. Various technological advancements in endotracheal intubation procedures combined with increasing occurrences of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) will further contribute to the global Endotracheal Tube market. Studies have indicated utilization of Endotracheal Tube lessens the chance of infection severely. Endotracheal Tube are heavily used on patients who are on mechanical ventilators for more than 48 hours. Prominent players are focused on developing products with antimicrobial coatings and anti-coagulant coating properties which can reduce the effects of VAP. For example, Medtronic Shirley Evac Endotracheal Tube have been stated to reduce VAP effect by more than 50%.
The aging population is a contributor to the growing Endotracheal Tube market. Aging people are highly susceptible to various chronic disorders. This will fuel the growth of the market incrementally. The COVID-19 pandemic greatly affected the demand for Endotracheal Tube, as difficulty breathing was a clear sign of infection. The American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology suggested performing Open Surgical Tracheostomy (OST) or percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy in case of respiratory failure among COVID-19 patients. The pandemic paved the way for supplemental growth for emergency procedure approvals, fuelling the global Endotracheal Tube market. For instance, a U.S.-based biotech firm, N8, announced that they secured emergency use of authorization from Health Canada for their CeraShield Endotracheal Tube in mechanically ventilated COVID-19 patients.
Endotracheal Tube Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
A global recession is anticipated in 2023 due to many concurrent rates rises. International central banks are increasing interest rates to fight inflation. Financial crises in developing and rising economies are predicted to be the main factor contributing to the economy's poor state. In February 2014, when Russia took Crimea from Ukraine, the current conflict between Russia and Ukraine broke out. For the first time in eight years, combat broke out in 2014, but it swiftly died down due to naval incidents, cyber warfare, and rising political tensions. Many scholars and international governing agencies had long prophesied that Russia would invade Ukraine in the style of the postmodern conflict that the twenty-first century had portrayed.
Top Market Trends
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
1. Rising Utilization: The primary factor for the global Endotracheal Tube market are rising number of surgical procedures owing to the increasing prevalence of chronic respiratory disorders such as CVD, diabetes, and cancer. Increasing incidences of VAP and growing awareness regarding technologically advanced Endotracheal Tube will further contribute to the market growth. The rising geriatric population and advanced healthcare infrastructure will increase the market's footprint.
2. VAP: Associated Pneumonia or VAP is a major contributor to the global Endotracheal Tube market during the forecast period. Studies have indicated an 8%-28% of critically ill populations receive VAP-based symptoms after increased utilization post 48 hours. The high risk of post-surgical complications arising after various surgeries will further increase the market's footprint.
3. Mode of Operation: Endotracheal Tube are surrounded by inflatable cuffs, which provide an airway through the trachea by avoiding the aspiration of foreign materials such as saliva and vomitus. An uncuffed Endotracheal Tube is a flexible plastic placed on the mouth into the trachea to help the patient breathe sufficiently. This flexibility is achieved with the help of a wire embedded into the wall of the Endotracheal Tube by, giving it strength and flexibility.
4. Technological Advancements: Manufacturers are developing innovative Endotracheal Tube to prevent hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). For instance, in February, N8 Medical LLC announced that they submitted the Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) to the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for their first-in-human clinical study of their CeraShield Endotracheal Tube (ETT). The objective of the clinical study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the CeraSheild Endotracheal Tube (ETT).
The global Endotracheal Tube market can be categorized on the following: Product, Route, Application, End-Use and Regions. Based on product, the market can be categorized into regular Endotracheal Tube, reinforced Endotracheal Tube, preformed Endotracheal Tube, and double lumen Endotracheal Tube. By route, the market can be segmented across orotracheal and nasotracheal. By application, the market can be fragmented across emergency treatment, therapy, and others. By end-use, the market can be split between hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Likewise, based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Regular Endotracheal Tube to Occupy Dominant Market Share Owing to Rising Number of Surgical Procedures
The segment of regular Endotracheal Tube is expected to account for the global Endotracheal Tube market during the forecast period in revenue and growth. Factors such as the rising number of surgical procedures combined with the rising prevalence of respiratory disorders among the general population are expected to contribute towards segmental growth. Additionally, rising cases of CAP will account for the increased utilization of regular Endotracheal Tube. Reinforced Endotracheal Tube will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising utilization in various surgical procedures combined with recent technological advancements.
Based on Route
Orotracheal to Account for the Largest Market Share While Nasotracheal Segment to Grow with the Fastest Growing CAGR
Orotracheal will account for the dominant market share in revenue and growth owing to high applicability and rising utilization among various surgical procedures. Orotracheal instruments offer a higher degree of comfort post-surgery. They are often used in situations in case of emergencies wherein respiratory or cardiac arrest occurs. This often leads to inadequate oxygenation or ventilation. Orotracheal is further utilized for treating critically ill patients with severe injury or multisystem disorders. Nasotracheal will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to the rising usage of tubes.
Based on Application
Emergency Treatment Segment to Fuel Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Incidences of Emergency Conditions
The emergency treatment segment will account for the largest share of the global Endotracheal Tube market during the forecast period. Factors such as rising emergency conditions such as cardiac arrests, respiratory disorders, airway obstructions, and inadequate ventilation will contribute to the segment's growth. Additionally, factors such as rising cases of roadside accidents and increasing disposable income among the general and working class will further account for the emergency treatment segment. The therapy segment will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising volumes and the aging global population.
Based on End-Use
Hospitals to Dominate Market Due to Owing to Rising Awareness Among Physicians
The hospital segment is expected to occupy the dominant market share in revenue and share. Increasing awareness among physicians and nursing staff in hospital settings will contribute to segmental growth. Additionally, an increased inflow of patient’s post-pandemic combined with the rising number of non-invasive surgeries is expected to account for the most considerable segmental growth of hospitals. Clinics will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to the rising prevalence of chronic respiratory disorders combined with rising awareness about various benefits.
Based on Region
North America to Occupy Global Market Owing to the Presence of a Well-Established Healthcare Infrastructure
The global Endotracheal Tube market is expected to be occupied by the North American region owing to the presence of a well-established healthcare infrastructure combined with the rising prevalence of chronic diseases in the country. Additionally, the region is home to numerous prominent manufacturers, including Teleflex Incorporated, Medline Industries, and Medtronic. The increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders such as diabetes, cancer, and other lung-based disorders among the general population will contribute to the North American Endotracheal Tube market.
The Asia Pacific market will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to the region's rising geriatric population and improved healthcare infrastructure. Also, prominent players are focused on mergers and acquisitions and launching new products.
The global Endotracheal Tube market is fragmented due to the presence of numerous players. Prominent manufacturers focus on developing a wider product portfolio for catering to various consumers and end-use. Additional resources are poured into research and development departments for developing advanced Endotracheal Tube. Supply chains are being designed for products that will lead to rapid adoption of advanced healthcare technologies.
The key players in the global Endotracheal Tube market include - Teleflex Corporation (U.S.), Medtronic (Ireland), Medline Industries (U.S.), Venner Medical (Switzerland), Sonoma Pharmaceutical (U.S.), Hospiteknik Healthcare (India), Armstrong Medical (Ireland), Airway Innovations (U.S.), ConvaTec Inc. (U.K.) among others.
Recent Market Developments:
· August 2020: Bactiguard announced that Health Canada approved their intubation tube for preventing COVID-19 infections. This approval will help reduce severe infections in severely unwell patients.
· April 2020: Hydromer announced a partnership with N8 Manufacturing and announced that they were the exclusive license for the product CeraShield Intubation Tube. This product will be used for treating patients within intensive care units and mechanical ventilators during COVID-19 patients across Canada.
· December 2019: Medtronic announced that they were developing new standards for anesthesia safety.
· September 2019: Smith Medical announced that they were partnering with Medline Industries to distribute the Portex acapella choice vibratory therapy device.
· November 2017: Flexicare announced that they acquired Medisize B.V. to enhance their presence within the European continent, including Netherlands, Germany, and Italy. This development is expected to accelerate the growth and overall earning potential for Flexicare's wider range of anesthesia and airway management products.
Segmentation of the Global Endotracheal Tube Market
- Product Types (Regular Endotracheal Tube, Reinforced Endotracheal Tube, Preformed Endotracheal Tube, Double Lumen Endotracheal Tube)
- Route Types (Orotracheal, Nasotracheal)
- Applications (Emergency Treatment, Therapy, Other Applications)
- End Uses (Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Other End Uses)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Teleflex Corporation (U.S.)
- Medtronic (Ireland)
- Medline Industries (U.S.)
- Venner Medical (Switzerland)
- Sonoma Pharmaceutical (U.S.)
- Hospiteknik Healthcare (India)
- Armstrong Medical (Ireland)
- Airway Innovations (U.S.)
- ConvaTec Inc. (U.K.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options