Global Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market is valued at USD 12.82 Billion in 2022 and is projected to attain a value of USD 216.78 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 42.40% during the forecast period, 2022–2028.
As electric vehicles become more popular, the need for a reliable and efficient charging infrastructure is becoming increasingly important. Fortunately, many companies are investing in this infrastructure, and it is growing rapidly. The number of public Electric Vehicle Charging Stations has exploded in recent years. According to the US Department of Energy, there were only about 16,000 such stations in 2016. However, by the end of 2018, that number had more than doubled to over 34,000.
This growth is being driven largely by private companies and municipalities. For example, Tesla has been aggressively installing its own Supercharger network, which now numbers over 14,000 stations worldwide. And major cities like New York and Los Angeles are installing hundreds of new charging stations as a part of their efforts to reduce emissions.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Key Factors Driving Demand for Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations Market Are:
1. Rapid growth in electric vehicle ownership and usage.
2. Increasingly stringent environmental regulations and emissions targets.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
3. Rise of private and corporate fleets of electric vehicles.
4. Advances in charging technology that are making electric vehicles more appealing to consumers.
5. Growing market for shared mobility services, such as ride-sharing and car-sharing.
6. Expansion of smart grid infrastructure and the development of intelligent energy management systems.
7. Rise of renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power, which can help to reduce the cost of charging electric vehicles.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
By Application, Public Charging Station to Dominate Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market
In a major shift for the electric vehicle charging market, public charging stations are expected to continue outnumbering private ones during the forecast period. Public charging stations have long been seen as a necessary evil for electric vehicle drivers, who have had to plan extensively for using them in order to make long-distance trips. However, with the rise of electric vehicles and the development of more powerful and efficient charging technologies, that is starting to change. The growth is majorly supported by growing initiatives by various governments around the globe. Recently, the Chinese government announced a new initiative to build more than 12,000 public charging stations in the country by 2022. This is in addition to the existing network of over 180,000 private charging stations. India is also following suit, with the government recently announcing a goal to install 100,000 public charging stations by the end of 2023. These initiatives are being driven by the need to address two key challenges that face the electric vehicle market: range anxiety and lack of charging infrastructure. By building more public charging stations, governments are hoping to alleviate these concerns and promote wider adoption of electric vehicles.
Asia Pacific to Witness Fastest Growth in Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market
Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in electric vehicle (EV) charging stations market over the next five years. The region is projected to register a CAGR of more than 53% during the forecast period. The growth is fueled by the increasing popularity of EVs and the growing demand for charging infrastructure. In addition, governments in Asia Pacific are increasingly promoting the use of EVs to reduce emissions and address climate change. Several countries in the region have announced plans to install large numbers of EV charging stations in the coming years.
Some of the key players in the global market are Shell (Netherlands), ABB (Switzerland), Tesla (US), ChargePoint (US), and BYD (China)..
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market is Segmented as Follows:
- Application (Public, Private)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Shell (Netherlands)
- ABB (Switzerland)
- Tesla (US)
- ChargePoint (US)
- and BYD (China).
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market is Tabulated as Follows: