The global Dental Implants Market is valued at USD 4.3 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 6.9 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.1% between 2023 and 2030.
Dental Implants have become a crucial treatment method for treating complete and partial tooth loss, significantly transforming dentistry. They come with various advantages compared to the traditional fixed partial dentures, making them the preferred choice in today's dentistry. These implants have an impressive success rate of more than 97% over a decade, demonstrating their dependability and long-lasting effectiveness. Additionally, Virtual Reality (VR) technology has marked a new era in dental implantology, changing how experts approach implant procedures. Despite initial challenges like cost, VR has proven to be an appealing substitute for conventional methods, providing numerous advantages. VR aids in the precise planning of the implant process, enabling practitioners to visualize and strategize the procedures in a simulated environment. Furthermore, modern Dental Implants are predominantly crafted from titanium due to their biocompatibility with tissues and ability to fuse seamlessly with the jawbone during the healing process. This biological fusion, known as osseointegration, enhances the implant's stability and allows it to withstand significant physical stress over extended periods.
Dental Implants Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Dental clinics are emerging as the dominant choice among end-users for dental implant treatments. The availability of specialized equipment, skilled dentists, and the incorporation of digital technologies in these clinics are key factors fostering market growth.
- In 2022, North America accounted for the largest growth, with a revenue share of 34%.
- The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period.
- The Titanium segment contributed to significant market expansion with 90% of revenue share in 2022.
- The Tapered implants segment has the most substantial market growth in 2022.
- Based on the End Users, the dental clinics segment accounted for the potential market development in 2022.
- In 2022, the Endosteal Implants segment held the largest market share.
Top Market Trends
- The market witnessed a growing preference for Dental Implants made from titanium. This surge is propelled by the remarkable biocompatibility of titanium, a factor significantly boosting the demand for titanium implants.
- Tapered wall implants are gaining dominance in the market, driven by their ability to facilitate immediate placement and their well-designed suitability for gaps between adjacent teeth. The enhanced stability in soft bones provided by these implants contributes to their increasing demand.
- Technological innovations in Dental Implants are becoming a key driver of market growth. Advanced treatment solutions and procedures are gaining prominence, contributing to the overall expansion of the dental implant market. Also, the ongoing innovation by researchers and manufacturers has given rise to diverse options by introducing novel materials, designs, and techniques.
- Major dental implant market players are strategically expanding through acquisitions and partnerships. These collaborative efforts and consolidations will influence market dynamics and contribute to sustained growth.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The global economic impact of Dental Implants is substantial, particularly within dental tourism. Differences in expenses among countries primarily come from variations in the cost of living, impacting dentists' overhead costs and salaries. Consequently, certain countries can provide dental services at more competitive prices. This economic influence transcends dental procedures, significantly shaping the overall service quality for patients. For example, nations like Turkey, India, Costa Rica, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Thailand have emerged as famous locations for dental tourism due to their capability to offer quality treatment at comparatively lower fees.
The Global Dental Implants Market is segregated into the below-mentioned segments as:
The global Dental Implants market can be categorized into Material, Design, End User, Type, Procedure, Region. The Dental Implants market can be categorized into Titanium, Zirconium, Ceramic based on Material. The Dental Implants market can be categorized into Tapered Implants, Parallel Wall Implants based on Design. The Dental Implants market can be categorized into Dental Clinics, Hospitals, Research Institutes based on End User. The Dental Implants market can be categorized into Endosteal Implants, Subperiosteal Implants, Transosteal Implants, Intramucosal Implants based on Type. The Dental Implants market can be categorized into Root-form, Plate-form based on Procedure. The Dental Implants market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Material
Titanium Segment Expected to Lead the Market in Forecast Period in Terms of Revenue
In 2022, the titanium category dominated the market with a majority share, primarily due to the extensive utilization of titanium-based Dental Implants. Moreover, the high demand for titanium implants is driven by the biocompatibility of titanium, a crucial factor in increasing adoption. Additionally, the versatility of titanium for various types of implants and its non-allergenic properties have played a substantial role in fostering the market's growth.
Based on Design
The Tapered Implants Segment is Forecast to Dominate the Global Market Share
In 2022, the tapered category emerged as the leading segment in the global Dental Implants market. Tapered wall implants enable immediate placement and are well-suited for the spaces between neighboring teeth due to their thoughtful design. Their capacity to enhance stability in soft bones contributes to their high demand, making them the most sought-after product in the market.
Based on End User
Dental Clinics Segment will Dominate the Market Growth
In 2022, the dental clinics sector was the predominant segment in the global Dental Implants market. This is due to the rising inclination of the population toward dental clinics for addressing oral concerns. The presence of specialized equipment and proficient dentists in dental clinics has also facilitated the growth of this segment. Furthermore, the increasing integration of advanced digital technologies in dental clinics is anticipated to contribute to the continued expansion of this segment.
Based on Region
North America to Lead the Global Market Growth in the Projected Period
In 2022, North America dominated the global market and is projected to maintain its dominance in the coming years. This boom is attributed to numerous elements, including the increasing prevalence of dental diseases, widespread acceptance of technological advancements in Dental Implants, and a rising number of dental visits, all contributing to market expansion. Crucial product launches, a high concentration of market players, acquisitions, partnerships, and an increasing incidence of dental diseases further propel the growth in the United States. For example, in January 2022, Zahn Dental, the U.S. dental laboratory business of Henry Schein, Inc., announced a distribution agreement with Terrats Medical, S.L., a Spain-based manufacturer of the DESS® Dental Smart Solutions system. DESS, a prosthetic solutions provider, offers solutions that can enhance the ability of laboratory technicians to restore Dental Implants while providing dental laboratories with a comprehensive source for their prosthetic component needs. The increased presence of major players in the country will likely augment market share, thereby boosting overall market growth in the United States.
The competitive landscape of the Dental Implants market is characterized by major players holding substantial market share, driving innovation in technologies, and strategic mergers and acquisitions. Companies focus on regulatory compliance, global market presence, and efficient distribution channels. Success is often tied to brand reputation, pricing strategies, and adaptability to emerging trends like digital dentistry.
The key players in the global Dental Implants market include - Nobel Biocare Services AG (Switzerland), Kyocera Medical Technologies Inc. (U.S.), Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. (U.S.), BioHorizons IPH Inc. (U.S.), DENTSPLY Sirona (U.S.), Osstem Implant (South Korea), Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland), Bicon Dental Implants (U.S.), DentiumUSA (U.S.), T-Plus Tech (Japan) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In May 2023, Straumann officially completed the entire acquisition of GalvoSurge, a Swiss company that manufactures medical devices in the dental sector. The recently acquired firm is focused on providing unique solutions for the care and maintenance of Dental Implants, mainly offering an innovative approach to treating peri-implantitis.
- In March 2023, Dentsply Sirona unveiled the DS OmniTaper Implant System®, the latest addition to the EV Implant Family, during the AO Annual Meeting. This innovative system integrates established technologies from Dentsply Sirona's EV Implant Family with new features, providing enhanced efficiency and versatility.
- In May 2022, During the EuroPerio Summit held in Copenhagen, Nobel Biocare conducted a session that delved into recent advancements in implant treatment solutions. The session initially emphasized a biologically driven strategy to attain esthetic success and peri-implant health and stability.
Segmentation of the Global Dental Implants Market
- Tapered Implants
- Parallel Wall Implants
By End User
- Dental Clinics
- Research Institutes
- Endosteal Implants
- Subperiosteal Implants
- Transosteal Implants
- Intramucosal Implants
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Nobel Biocare Services AG (Switzerland)
- Kyocera Medical Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. (U.S.)
- BioHorizons IPH Inc. (U.S.)
- DENTSPLY Sirona (U.S.)
- Osstem Implant (South Korea)
- Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland)
- Bicon Dental Implants (U.S.)
- DentiumUSA (U.S.)
- T-Plus Tech (Japan)
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
|Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options