Cosmetic Pigments Market
Cosmetic Pigments Market - Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Elemental Compositions Inorganic Pigments, Organic Pigments
- By Types Special Effect Pigments, Surface-trated Pigments, Nano Pigments, Natural Colorants
- By Applications Facial Makeup, Eye Makeup, Lip Products, Nail Products, Hair Color Products, Special effect & Special Purpose Products, Other Applications
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2023 - 2030|
|Historical Years:||2017 - 2021|
|Revenue 2022:||USD 631.71 Million|
|Revenue 2030:||USD 1152.05 Million|
|Revenue CAGR (2023 - 2030):||7.80%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2023 - 2030)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2022):||Asia Pacific|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
AI (GPT) is here !!! Ask questions about Cosmetic Pigments Market
Global Cosmetic Pigments Market is valued at USD 631.71 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1152.05 Million by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 7.80% over the forecast period.
The Global Cosmetic Pigments Market is driven by the rising awareness of personal appearance and the growing trend of color cosmetics. The use of pigments in cosmetics dates back to ancient times when they were used to enhance the beauty of royalty and the wealthy. In modern times, pigments are widely used in a variety of cosmetic products such as lipsticks, foundations, eye shadows, blushes, and nail polishes. The rising awareness of personal appearance among people of all age groups is a major factor driving the growth of the global cosmetic pigment market. In today's image-conscious world, both men and women are increasingly concerned about their looks and are willing to invest in products that can help them achieve their desired appearance. The growing popularity of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat has further fueled this trend by creating a culture of self-expression and self-promotion. Another key factor driving the growth of the Global Cosmetic Pigments Market is the growing trend of color cosmetics. Today's consumers are no longer content with just using conventional makeup products; they want cosmetics that can help them create unique looks that reflect their personality and style. This demand for innovative and trendy products has led to a surge in the development of new shades and formulations of Cosmetic Pigments. The increasing availability of Cosmetic Pigments in a wide range of colors is another key factor driving the growth of the global market.
Cosmetic Pigments Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
Organic and natural cosmetics are made from ingredients that are not synthetic or artificial. These products are considered safe for the skin and are effective in providing desired results. The popularity of these products is increasing due to growing awareness about the side effects of synthetic ingredients used in conventional cosmetics. Moreover, the trend of using eco-friendly makeup products is another factor fuelling the demand for natural and organic cosmetics globally. The rising disposable incomes and changing lifestyle habits have resulted in increased spending on personal care products, including cosmetics. This has led to a rise in the demand for Cosmetic Pigments globally. In addition, with the growth of social media platforms, there has been a significant increase in product promotion by influencers, which is further projected to drive market growth during the forecast period. One of the main reasons why natural and organic cosmetics are gaining popularity is because they are generally much safer for your skin. Many conventional cosmetics contain ingredients that can be harmful to your skin, especially if you have sensitive skin. Natural and organic cosmetics, on the other hand, tend to be made with gentler ingredients that are less likely to cause irritation or other skin problems. Another reason why natural and organic cosmetics are in demand is that they are often better for the environment. Many conventional cosmetics are made with ingredients that can be damaging to the ecosystem, but natural and organic products are usually made with sustainable ingredients that have a lower impact on the environment.
The global cosmetics market is expected to reach $429 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.3%, according to research. This growth is being driven by the increasing purchasing power of consumers, the trend of self-grooming, and the growing awareness of the benefits of using cosmetics. Consumers are looking for products that can serve multiple purposes and offer value for money. This has led to an increase in the demand for makeup products that can be used as both foundation and concealer, or lipstick and lip gloss. Finally, another factor driving the demand for Cosmetic Pigments is the changing demographics of consumers. The population is aging, and there is an increase in the number of women in the workforce. These changes have led to an increase in disposable incomes and more opportunities to purchase luxury items such as cosmetics.
The Cosmetic Pigments Market is also restrained by several market factors. The cost of raw materials, the availability of substitutes, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape are all important factors that impact the market. The cost of raw materials is a key factor that restrains the Cosmetic Pigments Market. The price of crude oil has a significant impact on the prices of Cosmetic Pigments as they are used in many cosmetic formulations. The recent volatility in crude oil prices has led to an increase in the prices of pigments. This has put pressure on margins and hindered growth in the Cosmetic Pigments Market. The availability of substitutes is another key factor restraining market growth. There are a number of synthetic alternatives available that can be used in place of Cosmetic Pigments. These substitutes are often cheaper and have improved performance characteristics. This has made it difficult for Cosmetic Pigments manufacturers to compete and has limited market growth. The regulatory environment is also a key factor impacting the Cosmetic Pigments Market. There are a number of regulations governing the use of pigments in cosmetics. These regulations can vary from country to country and can make it difficult for manufacturers to operate in multiple markets. Additionally, stricter regulation can lead to higher costs and may limit new product development. Finally, the competitive landscape is also a key factor impacting the market growth. The Cosmetic Pigments Market is also highly fragmented with a large number of small players competing for market share, further leading to slowed growth of the Cosmetic Pigments Market.
Top Market Trends
1. Increasing Demand for Natural and Organic Cosmetics: Consumers are becoming more aware of the harmful effects of synthetic chemicals used in cosmetics. This has led to a growing demand for natural and organic cosmetics, which is expected to drive the growth of the Cosmetic Pigments Market.
2. Growing Middle-Class Population in Developing Countries: The middle-class population is growing rapidly in developing countries such as China, India, and Brazil. This is resulting in an increase in disposable incomes, which is leading to a growing demand for cosmetic products. This is expected to be a key driver of the Cosmetic Pigments Market during the forecast period.
3. Increase in Technological Innovations: There has been a surge in technological innovations in recent years, which has led to the development of new methods for manufacturing Cosmetic Pigments. This is expected to provide a major boost to the growth of the Cosmetic Pigments Market during the forecast period.
4. Growing popularity of multi-functional cosmetics: Cosmetics that offer multiple benefits such as skin lightening, anti-aging, and UV protection are gaining popularity among consumers. This trend is driving the demand for innovative Cosmetic Pigments that can be used in formulations with multiple benefits.
5. Rising demand for color cosmetics: The growing preference for color cosmetics among consumers is leading to an increase in the demand for a variety of Cosmetic Pigments. Consumers are looking for unique colors and shades to create their own custom makeup looks.
6. Expansion of the global cosmetics industry: The global cosmetics industry is experiencing significant growth due to factors such as the increasing disposable income of consumers and the growing popularity of social media platforms (such as Instagram and YouTube) where beauty influencers showcase different makeup looks using various products. This is resulting in a wider availability of cosmetic products globally, which is boosting the growth of the cosmetic pigment market.
The Cosmetic Pigments Market is segmented based on elemental composition, type, Application, and Region. Based on elemental composition, the market is segmented into Inorganic Pigments and Organic Pigments. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into Special Effect Pigments, Surface-treated Pigments, Nano Pigments and Natural Colorants. Based on application, the market is segmented into Facial Makeup, Eye Makeup, Lip Products, Nail Products, Hair Color Products, Special effect & Special Purpose Products, and others.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Elemental Composition
In terms of market share, the inorganic pigment segment dominated the market in 2021 and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. This can be attributed to the low cost and ease of availability of inorganic pigments as compared to organic pigments. Moreover, inorganic pigments offer a wide range of colors and have better color fastness than organic pigments, which makes them ideal for use in cosmetics. Inorganic pigments are typically made from metals or minerals and offer a wide variety of colors for cosmetics. They are also less expensive to produce than organic pigments, which makes them more attractive to cosmetics manufacturers. In terms of market share, the inorganic pigment segment accounted for over 60% of the global cosmetic pigment market in 2021. This is expected to remain the case over the forecast period, as inorganic pigments continue to be the preferred choice among cosmetics manufacturers due to their favorable properties.
Based on Type
Surface-treated pigments are expected to propel the growth of the Cosmetic Pigments Market. The rising popularity of these pigments is due to their easy-to-use features and longer shelf life. For example, many cosmetic pigment products come in a powder form that can be easily applied to the skin with a brush or sponge. This allows for a more even and consistent application than other methods, such as using a liquid foundation. Another benefit of using Cosmetic Pigments is that they can be mixed together to create custom colors. This gives users the ability to create unique looks that match their individual styles. Additionally, many pigments can be used wet or dry, which gives users even more flexibility when creating their desired look. In addition, surface-treated pigments offer better color consistency and can be easily blended with other colors. Moreover, they provide good resistance to light and heat, which makes them ideal for use in cosmetics.
Based on Application
The facial makeup segment includes products such as foundation, powder, blush, concealer, and others. These products are used to enhance the features of the face and improve its overall appearance. The segment is anticipated to generate the largest market share in 2021 owing to the growing popularity of cosmetic procedures such as microdermabrasion, laser resurfacing, and chemical peels. Moreover, increasing awareness about the benefits of using makeup among women is expected to boost the growth of this segment. The body makeup segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period owing to the increasing popularity of self-tanning products. The demand for these products has been increasing owing to the rising concerns about skin cancer and sun damage. Moreover, the easy availability of body makeup products online is expected to drive the growth of this segment. The hair makeup segment includes products such as hair colorants, hair sprays, hair gels & creams, hair serums & oils, and others. The segment is anticipated to grow at a moderate pace during the forecast period due to the changing trends in hair care among millennials. Additionally, the increasing adoption of natural ingredients in hair care products is expected to fuel the growth of this segment over the forecast period.
Based on Region
Europe has been estimated to be the largest market for Cosmetic Pigments in 2021. The annual growth rate in the region is expected to remain high due to the presence of a large number of leading manufacturers in the region. Some of the major countries contributing to the growth of the market include Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK. The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to witness rapid growth over the forecast period owing to increasing awareness about personal appearance and growing disposable incomes. The Middle East & Africa is also expected to observe significant growth in demand for Cosmetic Pigments over the next eight years on account of the expansion of the cosmetics industry in this region.
The key players in the Global Cosmetic Pigments Market include- BASF SE (Germany), Sensient Technologies (US), Sudarshan Chemicals (India), Huntsman International LLC (US), Lanxess (Germany), Sun Chemical (Japan ), Koel Colors Private Limited (India), Neelikon Food Dyes & Chemicals Limited (India), Merck (US), LI Pigments (US) and others.
Recent Market Developments
● To bring scientifically grounded satellite and optronic products to the global personal care market, in June of 2019 - leading chemical company BASF announced a strategic agreement with UK-based start-up siHealth Ltd. With their help, BASF will be able to produce its products more quickly while also paving the way for innovation in the cosmetics and toiletries industry.
● Colors & Effects, a BASF brand focusing on pigments, stated in November 2019 that it obtains all of the natural mica flakes it needs from its own U.S. mica mine to produce effect pigments used in the Coatings, Plastics, Printing, and Cosmetics industries. By relying less on external sources, the company can foster long-term expansion in the pigment market, and this strategic sourcing can help make that happen.
● The DIC Corporation's Sun Chemical subsidiary officially agreed to purchase BASF's worldwide pigments division, Colors & Effects, in August 2019. With this smart purchase, the business can fortify its standing in the predicted Cosmetic Pigments industry.
Segmentation of the Global Cosmetic Pigments Market
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
What is the global demand for Cosmetic Pigments in terms of revenue?
The global Cosmetic Pigments valued at USD 631.71 Million in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 1152.05 Million in 2030 growing at a CAGR of 7.80%.
Which are the prominent players in the market?
The prominent players in the market are BASF SE (Germany), Sensient Technologies (US), Sudarshan Chemicals (India), Huntsman International LLC (US), Lanxess (Germany), Sun Chemical (Japan ), Koel Colors Private Limited (India), Neelikon Food Dyes & Chemicals Limited (India), Merck (US), LI Pigments (US).
At what CAGR is the market projected to grow within the forecast period?
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 7.80% between 2023 and 2030.
What are the driving factors fueling the growth of the market.
The driving factors of the Cosmetic Pigments include
- Increasing demand for costmetic pigments on costmetic and personal care products
Which region accounted for the largest share in the market?
Asia Pacific was the leading regional segment of the Cosmetic Pigments in 2022.