Global Construction Equipment Market is valued at USD 185.98 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 252.59 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 3.90% over the forecast period.
The rising demand for infrastructure development is one of the key drivers for the growth of the Construction Equipment Market. Infrastructure development includes the construction of roads, bridges, railways, airports, seaports, etc., which requires Construction Equipment. The United Nations estimates that the world's urban population will grow by 1.84 billion people during the forecast period, with much of this growth taking place in Asia and Africa. According to The Economist Intelligence Unit, real GDP growth in emerging markets will average 5.4% per year between 2020 and 2023, compared to just 2.3% per year in developed economies. Government initiatives such as Make in India and the Smart Cities Mission are expected to create a significant demand for Construction Equipment in the coming years. The other driver of market growth is the increase in construction activities globally. The construction industry is growing at a rapid pace due to urbanization and economic development. This has resulted in increased demand for housing, commercial space, and industrial facilities, which is fueling the growth of the Construction Equipment Market. Construction projects in both the residential and commercial sectors are growing, which is another big reason why the market is growing. The rising disposable incomes and population growth are leading to an increase in demand for housing, which is in turn driving up demand for Construction Equipment. In addition, the growing tourism industry is also resulting in increased construction activity in the hospitality sector, thereby providing a further boost to market growth. The Construction Equipment Market is expected to continue growing at a healthy pace over the next few years.
Construction Equipment Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Emerging countries such as China, India, and Brazil are anticipated to witness rapid economic growth over the next few years which is projected to drive the construction industry in these regions. This, in turn, is expected to propel Construction Equipment demand in these regions. Europe and North America are expected to be the major revenue contributors to the market owing to the presence of well-established manufacturing industries in these regions. China is the world's largest market for Construction Equipment, accounting for around USD 40 billion of the total market. The United States is the second largest market for Construction Equipment, worth an estimated US$25 billion. India is the third largest market for Construction Equipment, with an estimated value of around USD 12 billion. Several factors are driving the growth of the Construction Equipment Market. One of the key drivers is the increasing infrastructural development across emerging economies. With the rapid economic development in countries such as China, India, and Brazil, there is a growing need for new infrastructure development, which is boosting demand for Construction Equipment.
Emerging economies are expected to remain key drivers of market growth, while developed economies are also anticipated to witness positive growth due to ongoing infrastructure projects. Some of the key market restraints for the Construction Equipment Market include: Stringent government regulations – The Construction Equipment Market is subject to stringent government regulations, which can hinder market growth; High cost of ownership: – The cost of ownership for Construction Equipment is relatively high, which can deter some potential customers from investing in this type of machinery; Limited availability of skilled operators – There is a limited pool of skilled operators available to operate Construction Equipment, which can limit its use on job sites.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
The Right Approach
The Construction Equipment Market is one of the most crucial industries in the world. It is the backbone of any country's infrastructure and development. However, the Construction Equipment Market has been hit hard by the recent economic downturn. Sales have plummeted and many companies have gone out of business. But there is a silver lining. The Construction Equipment Market is slowly but surely recovering. Several things can be done to increase the growth rate of the Construction Equipment Market. One is to increase the level of investment in research and development so that new and innovative products can be introduced to the market. This will help to spur demand for Construction Equipment. Another way to increase the growth rate of the market is to provide tax incentives or other financial incentives for companies that purchase Construction Equipment. This will encourage companies to invest in this type of equipment and help to boost the market. There are a few key steps that need to be taken to ensure the continued growth of the Construction Equipment Market. Firstly, it is essential to maintain a strong and consistent level of investment in research and development (R&D). This will ensure that the latest innovations and technologies are adopted to improve productivity and efficiency in the construction sector. Secondly, it is necessary to continue to provide support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) within the Construction Equipment industry. These businesses play an important role in promoting competition and driving down prices. Finally, it is critical to have a clear and concise government policy framework that provides certainty for businesses operating in this sector.
Top Market Trends
The Construction Equipment Market is constantly evolving. Here are some of the top trends that are currently shaping the industry:
- The rise of alternative fuel sources: With the cost of traditional fuels continuing to rise, more and more construction companies are exploring alternative fuel sources for their equipment. Electric and hybrid vehicles are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer a more environmentally friendly and cost-effective option.
- The increasing use of technology: Construction companies are increasingly turning to technology to improve efficiency and productivity. GPS tracking, for example, is being used to better plan routes and track workers, while drones are being used for surveying and other tasks.
- The changing demographics of the workforce: The construction industry is facing a shortage of skilled workers, as an aging population retires from the workforce. This is resulting in an increased demand for temporary or contract employees.
- The need for sustainability: With the effects of climate change becoming more evident, there is a growing need for sustainable construction practices. This includes using materials that are environmentally friendly and recyclable, as well as constructing buildings that are energy efficient.
- Greater safety features: safety is a top priority in the construction industry, and manufacturers are continuously coming up with new ways to make their products safer. For instance, many construction machines now come equipped with sensors that can detect people or objects in their path, as well as cameras that give operators a clear view of their surroundings.
- Construction companies are increasingly using drones and other technology to improve site surveying and management. The use of 3D printing is gaining popularity in the construction industry. There is also demand for rental equipment.
The Construction Equipment Market is segmented based on Solution Type, Equipment Type, Type, Application, End User, and Region. Based on Solution Type, the market is classified into Products and Services. Based on Equipment Type, the market is classified into Heavy Construction Equipment and Compact Construction Equipment. Based on Type, the market is classified into Loaders, Cranes, Forklifts, Excavators, Dozers, and Other Types. Based on Application, the market is classified into Excavation & Mining, Lifting & Material Handling, Earth Moving, Transportation, and Other Applications. Based on End-User, the market is classified into Oil & Gas, Construction & Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Other End-Users. Based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Solution Type
Products include machines, tools, and materials used in the construction process, while services encompass maintenance, repairs, and operations. In terms of market value, products held the largest share of the Construction Equipment Market in 2020. This can be attributed to the fact that Construction Equipment is a capital-intensive industry and requires significant investment. In addition, product prices are generally higher than those of services. As a result, products continue to hold the largest share of the Construction Equipment Market. The increasing infrastructure development across the globe is anticipated to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Based on Equipment Type
Heavy Construction Equipment dominates the market, as it accounts for more than two-thirds of the total revenue. Compact Construction Equipment, on the other hand, is anticipated to grow at a faster rate in the next few years owing to its usage in small and medium-sized construction projects. Heavy Construction Equipment includes excavators, bulldozers, loaders, graders, and pavers. Compact Construction Equipment includes skid steer loaders, mini excavators, compact track loaders, and small wheel loaders. The heavy Construction Equipment segment is expected to grow at a faster rate during the forecast period owing to the increasing infrastructure investment across the globe. The compact Construction Equipment segment is anticipated to grow at a significant pace due to the rising demand from the residential & commercial sectors.
Based on Type
Out of these, the Loader segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Loaders are used in construction sites to load loose materials such as gravel, sand, or demolition waste into trucks for transportation to disposal sites. Cranes are used for lifting and moving heavy objects at construction sites. These are available in various types such as tower cranes, mobile cranes, and overhead cranes. The forklift segment is expected to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period. Forklifts are used for lifting and moving heavy materials short distances. Excavators are used for digging trenches, holes, or foundations and can be either wheeled or tracked. Dozers are used for leveling land surfaces and preparing them for construction. Others include trenchers, compactors & rollers, and pipelayers among others.
Based on Application
Excavation & Mining equipment is expected to dominate the Construction Equipment Market during the forecast period. This is due to the increasing demand for mining infrastructure development and other industrial projects. In addition, this segment is also benefiting from growing investments in research and development by key vendors. Lifting and material handling equipment is expected to be the second largest segment of the Construction Equipment Market during the forecast period. This is because this category is used for various industrial applications such as transportation, warehousing, and storage. In addition, this segment is benefiting from increasing investments in research and development by key vendors. Earth moving equipment is expected to be the third largest segment of the Construction Equipment Market during the forecast period. This is due to increased investment in infrastructure development projects such as road projects and residential complexes. Furthermore, this category is also benefiting from increased demand from end users such as residential developers and contractors. The transportation segment is expected to be the fourth largest segment of the Construction Equipment Market during the forecast period. This is due to increasing investments in rail projects across various regions across the globe. Other Construction Equipment includes generators, pumps, compressors, power tools, and welding machines.
Based on End-User
Oil & gas: The Construction Equipment Market in the oil and gas industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period. The growth of this market is driven by the need for new pipelines, refineries, and LNG terminals. Construction and infrastructure: The Construction Equipment Market in the construction and infrastructure industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the same period. The growth of this market is driven by increasing investment in public infrastructure projects such as smart cities, airports, and railways. Manufacturing: The Construction Equipment Market in the manufacturing industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2023 to 2030. The growth of this market is driven by the need for new factories and warehouses. Mining: The Construction Equipment Market in the mining industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% during the forecast period. The growth of this market is driven by the need for new mines and tunnels. Others: The Construction Equipment Market in other industries is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period.
Based on Region
The market in North America is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period. The market in Europe is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period. The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. The market in Latin America is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period. The market in Middle East & Africa is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period. The Construction Equipment Market in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness significant growth due to the increasing construction activities in the region. China and India are the major contributors to the growth of the Construction Equipment Market in the Asia-Pacific region. The growing population and urbanization are some of the factors driving the demand for Construction Equipment in the Asia-Pacific region.
The key players in the Global Construction Equipment Market include- AB VOLVO, Caterpillar INC., CNH Industrial N.V., DEERE & COMPANY, DOOSAN INFRACORE CO. LTD., Hitachi Ltd., J C Bamford Excavators LTD., KOMATSU LTD., Liebherr-International AG, XCMG GROUP and others.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the largest market for Construction Equipment during 2020–2027. The region’s large population and rapid economic growth are some of the key factors driving the growth of this market in Asia-Pacific. In addition, government initiatives such as ‘Make in India’ and ‘One Belt One Road’ are also boosting market growth in this region. Moreover, China is anticipated to be the fastest-growing market for Construction Equipment during 2020–2027 owing to its large population and rapidly urbanizing economy.
- The reason for this growth is the increasing investment in infrastructure development by governments of various countries across the globe. For instance, according to the World Bank's Global Economic Prospects report, global infrastructure investment is expected to reach $9 trillion by 2040. This investment is expected to create opportunities for Construction Equipment manufacturers operating in the market.
- There have been many recent advancements in Construction Equipment, making it more efficient and effective. One such advancement is the use of GPS technology, which helps to guide the machine to the precise location where it is needed. This technology has greatly reduced the margin for error and makes construction projects much smoother overall.
- Other recent advancements include new types of excavators that are specifically designed for certain tasks, such as trenching or breaking through concrete. These machines can make short work of what would otherwise be a very labor-intensive job. Additionally, there have been significant advancements in safety features in Construction Equipment, which have made working on construction sites much safer for both workers and bystanders.
- Lighter and more efficient machinery: machinery has been getting lighter and more efficient over the years, thanks to advances in materials and engineering. This makes them more versatile and easier to use, which reduces operating costs and boosts productivity.
Segmentation of the Global Construction Equipment Market:
- Solution Type (Products, Services)
- Equipment Type (Heavy Construction Equipment, Compact Construction Equipment)
- Type (Loader, Cranes, Forklift, Excavator, Dozers, Other Types)
- Application (Excavation & Mining, Lifting & Material Handling, Earth Moving, Transportation, Other Applications)
- End User (Oil & Gas, Construction & Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, Other End Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- AB VOLVO
- Caterpillar INC.
- CNH Industrial N.V.
- DEERE & COMPANY
- DOOSAN INFRACORE CO. LTD.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- J C Bamford Excavators LTD.
- KOMATSU LTD.
- Liebherr-International AG
- XCMG GROUP
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options