Chip Resistor Market
Chip Resistor Market - Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Type Thick Film, Thin Film, Others
- By End Use Automotive & Transportation, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, IT & Telecommunication, Others
- By Regional North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2023 - 2030|
|Historical Years:||2017 - 2021|
|Revenue 2022:||USD 1.05 Billion|
|Revenue 2030:||USD 1.61 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2023 - 2030):||5.50%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2023 - 2030)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2022):||Asia Pacific|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
GPT is here !!! Ask questions about Chip Resistor Market
Global Chip Resistor Market is valued at USD 1.05 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1.61 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 5.50% over the forecast period.
The Chip Resistor market is poised to grow during the forecast period due to increasing demand for energy-efficient products and rising requirements for reliability in electronic systems. Further, the market is also witnessing growth in wireless applications due to the growing adoption of 5G networks. The key element fueling market expansion is the rising demand for consumer electronics such as smartphones, laptops, smart TVs, automobile logging devices, and speakers. As a result of their lower production costs and smaller size compared to lead resistors, Chip Resistors are becoming increasingly popular as electronic downsizing becomes more widespread. On top of that, the top producers are spending money on R&D to develop new product lines and improve existing ones. To improve precision and lessen the dangers of ESDs in industrial robots and automobile electronic control units, for example, they have created a high-precision thin film Chip Resistor with the most robust electro-static discharge (ESD) protection (ECUs). Cars made after 2021 must have an ESD protection rating of at least 2,000 V/m. This means the car must withstand a voltage drop of 2,000 volts over a distance of 1 meter. The rising popularity of luxury and hybrid electric vehicles also drives demand for these products' automotive applications. Increasing levels of digitization across a wide range of end-use industries, rising adoption of 4G and 5G technologies, expanding urban centers, and rising consumer disposable incomes are also contributing to this optimistic market forecast. Some key developments expected to drive growth in the Chip Resistor market include advancements in electronic packaging technology, rising demand for smart meters, and increased adoption of wireless connecting devices.
Some key restraints on the Chip Resistor market's growth include limited raw materials availability, stringent environmental regulations, and increasing demand for renewable energy sources. In addition, there are also concerns over the manufacturing process and its impact on human health. One of the key restraints on the growth of the Chip Resistor market is the growing need for lower power consumption in electronic devices. This is due to stringent environmental regulations and ever-increasing demand for energy-efficient products. Another constraint is pricing pressure from incumbent suppliers and new entrants seeking to gain a foothold in this lucrative market. Lower demand for passive components is also a restraint due to increasing reliance on active components in modern electronic devices. Another restraint is the increasing adoption of FinFETs in chips for high-performance computing, as these offer higher endurance and power efficiency requirements leading to increased demand for Chip Resistors with low power dissipation ratings. Some key developments that are anticipated to propel the growth of the Chip Resistor market include growing demand from automotive and transportation systems due to greater adoption of connected driverless cars and autonomous vehicles, a growing need for energy-efficient chips owing to escalating global pollution levels, increase in deployment of wireless sensors across various applications; rising demand for smart devices owing to their functionality enhancements over traditional devices; etc.
Chip Resistor Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Developing Markets in the Sector
Developing markets account for most of the growth in the semiconductor market, with annual shipments estimated to be 58% higher this year than they were five years ago. The combination of strong economic growth and an increasing demand for electronic devices is fueling the expansion of the emerging market. China is expected to continue to dominate developing markets, accounting for more than half of all semiconductor sales this year. But other countries are also seeing significant growth. South Korea and Brazil are expected to see double-digit growth rates this year, while India and Mexico are projected to grow by 10%. The primary drivers of increased demand in these markets are rapid urbanization and consumer spending on electronics. In China, government policy support for innovation is helping drive demand for high-tech products such as semiconductors. A rapidly growing population in India is driving increased demand for electric vehicles and other electronics. And in Mexico, a recovering economy is resulting in increased investment in consumer electronics such as smartphones and tablets. As the global semiconductor market grows, companies must ensure that their products meet emerging market needs. By understanding these markets and incorporating their specific demands into product development plans, manufacturers can ensure that they remain competitive and successful in these sectors.
Top Market Trends
- One trend potentially impacting Chip Resistors is the development of Moore's law-type technologies. This refers to the observation made by Intel co-founder Gordon Moore that the number of transistors on integrated circuits doubles every two years. This has held for more than 40 years, so this trend will likely continue for at least another decade. This would mean that there will be an increasing demand for Chip Resistors, as they would play a vital role in ensuring high-performance levels.
- The semiconductor industry has been working hard to develop new Chip Resistors to replace aging ones.
- Another trend that could significantly impact Chip Resistors is the growth of sensor technology. This involves using sensors to measure various physical quantities and then converting these measurements into digital form. As Chip Resistors also play a vital role in controlling electronic devices, this could lead to increased demand for them in the future.
- In terms of development, one important trend in recent years is the increasing use of nanoscale Resistors. These tiny resistors have been designed to offer improved performance and reduced size compared to traditional chips. This shift is driven by increased design complexity and an expanding range of applications, including automotive and aerospace systems.
The global Chip Resistor Market is segmented based on Type, End Use, and Region. Based on Type, the market is segmented into Thick Film, Thin Film, and Others. Based on End Use, the market is segmented into Automotive & Transportation, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, IT & Telecommunication, and Others. Based on the Region segment, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
The Thick Film segment is forecast to grow at a higher CAGR than the Thin Film segment due to the increasing demand for high-end sensors and other electronics with better performance. The Thin Film segment dominates the market by revenue and is expected to grow slower than the Thick Film segment. Other types of resistors, such as metal-oxide-semiconductor (MOS) and bipolar, are less popular than either thick films or thin films because they do not offer the same level of performance or reliability. Furthermore, other resistors require more advanced manufacturing processes, which add to their overall cost. These include stranded wire Chip Resistors, metal film Chip Resistors, polymer film Chip Resistors, and carbon fiber-reinforced plastic Chip Resistors.
Based on End Use
Due to the increasing adoption of electric vehicles, the automotive and transportation segment is expected to dominate the Chip Resistor market. The consumer electronics segment is also expected to grow significantly due to the increasing demand for smart devices such as TVs, phones, and tablets. This is due to the increasing popularity of 4K Ultra HD (4K UHD) displays and advanced gaming devices, which require high-quality electrical components to provide accurate color reproduction and smooth gameplay. The industrial segment is expected to grow owing to the increasing demand for sensors and actuators in manufacturing processes. The IT & telecommunications segment is expected to witness significant growth owing to the increasing demand for telecom infrastructure such as 5G networks. Other applications include networking, computing & information technology (CIT), electronic equipment & components (EEP), display panels & devices, energy storage & conversion, medical devices, military applications, and others.
Based on Regional
North America will account for the largest market share of Chip Resistor. The major factors contributing to the growth of this market are increasing demand for low-power resistors and sensors owing to increasing recognition of energy conservation and environmental awareness, as well as the growing need for smart manufacturing solutions. Asia Pacific will be the second largest region, with a share of 23%. Europe will be the third largest region with a share of 16%. The primary drivers behind the growth of this market are the rising demand for low-power resistors and sensors in end-user applications such as automotive, communications, consumer electronics, and medical devices, among others. Latin America and, the Middle East & Africa are expected to account for 7% and 5% of the global market, respectively. The Middle East & Africa market is projected to grow at a modest rate over the forecast period owing to stringent government regulations about electrical equipment and rapid expansion of infrastructure development in this region.
The key players in the Global Chip Resistor market include- Bourns Inc. (US), TE Connectivity (Switzerland), Vishay Intertechnology Inc. (US), Koa Corporation (Japan), Tzai Yuan Enterprise Co. (Taiwan), International Manufacturing Services (US), Yageo Corporation (Taiwan), Rohm Semiconductor (Japan), AVX Corporation (US), Susumu Co. Ltd. (Japan) and others.
- International R&D corporation Texas Instruments (TI) has developed a new Chip Resistor that can be used in various electronic devices.
- Japanese tech giant Panasonic has also come up with a new Chip Resistor technology, which is less prone to overheating and more durable.
- The 1.07 GHz wireless chipset market is expected to grow from USD 5.8 billion in 2017 to USD 11.5 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 7%. The growth is mainly attributed to the increasing demand for high-speed Wi-Fi systems and the expanding usage of 5G networks.
- Polysilicon Chip Resistors are expected to dominate the 1.3 V/3 V Chip Resistor market during the forecast period owing to their low cost and high-performance attributes. Metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) Chip Resistors will also be popular due to their wide range of applications and small size. During the forecast period, gallium arsenide Chip Resistors will emerge as a major player in the 1.3 V/3 V Chip Resistor market owing to their enhanced performance and lower costs compared to other materials used in this segment.
- In China, dominant player Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd. is aggressively expanding its line of Chip Resistors across various applications, including mobile phones, digital TV sets, and other consumer electronics.
- In India, Resistive Technologies Limited (RTCL) is one of the country's largest manufacturers of Chip Resistors. The company recently agreed with Qualcomm Incorporated to supply its chips for next-generation LTE smartphones and tablets. RTCL also plans to enter the automotive market with its latest product line.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (TSMC) has developed an innovative Chip Resistor manufacturing process to produce better quality resistors.
Segmentation of the Global Chip Resistor Market:
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
What is the global demand for Chip Resistor in terms of revenue?
The global Chip Resistor valued at USD 1.05 Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 1.61 Billion in 2030 growing at a CAGR of 5.50%.
Which are the prominent players in the market?
The prominent players in the market are Bourns Inc. (US), TE Connectivity (Switzerland), Vishay Intertechnology Inc. (US), Koa Corporation (Japan), Tzai Yuan Enterprise Co. (Taiwan), International Manufacturing Services (US), Yageo Corporation (Taiwan), Rohm Semiconductor (Japan), AVX Corporation (US), Susumu Co. Ltd. (Japan).
At what CAGR is the market projected to grow within the forecast period?
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 5.50% between 2023 and 2030.
What are the driving factors fueling the growth of the market.
The driving factors of the Chip Resistor include
- Surge in digitalization
Which region accounted for the largest share in the market?
Asia Pacific was the leading regional segment of the Chip Resistor in 2022.