The global Brake Friction Market is valued at USD 10.32 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 15.44 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.21% between 2023 and 2030.
The increasing usage of disc brakes in passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty vehicles is transforming the industry because they provide better stopping performance than drum brakes. High-quality brake friction products are in greater demand as a result of the market's reaction to rising consumer demand for safe and dependable vehicles. Advanced brake friction materials, such as ceramic and carbon fiber composites, have undergone a noteworthy progression. These innovative materials are expected to perform better and last longer than their typical brake friction.
Brake Friction Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The surge in demand for eco-friendly friction materials by increasing environmental awareness and stringent regulations drive the market during forecast period
- Asia Pacific generated more than 45.8% of revenue share in 2022
- North America is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Brake Disc segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 42.5% of the total revenue share in 2022 due to its pivotal role in enhancing vehicle safety, optimizing braking performance, and meeting the escalating demand for efficient and reliable braking solutions
- Metallic Disc segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 53.6% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Passenger Car segment accounts for largest revenue of 44.7% in 2022
- Woven segment accounted for largest market share in 2022 of 52.5%
The economic context of the market is characterized by the global automotive industry, where vehicle production and sales volumes have a considerable impact, accounts for almost 70% of its performance. As vehicles get older and need repair, the aftermarket demand—which makes up around 40% of the market becomes increasingly important. 20% of the market's economic dynamics are attributed to technological innovation, which shapes consumer preferences and market rivalry through improved performance and environmentally friendly solutions.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing adoption of disc brakes: Heavy-duty vehicles, commercial trucks, and passenger cars are all increasingly using disc brakes. This is because disc brakes outperform drum brakes in terms of stopping power and efficiency.
- Growing demand for lightweight brake friction materials: Lightweight brake friction compounds are in greater demand as vehicles become lighter and more fuel-efficient.
- Development of new brake friction materials: New friction materials for brakes are being developed, including ceramic and carbon fiber composites. These materials outperform and outlast more conventional brake friction materials in terms of performance and endurance.
- Increasing use of automation in brake manufacturing: In order to increase productivity and quality, manufacturing of brakes is increasingly moving toward automation.
- Rising focus on environmental sustainability: The development of more ecologically friendly brake friction compounds is being pushed by the automotive industry's rising emphasis on environmental sustainability.
The globel Brake Friction market can be categorized into Product Type , Disc Material, Vehicle Type , Type , Region. The Market can be categorized into Brake Disc , Pad , Drum, Shoe Liner based on Product Type . The Market can be categorized into Metallic Disc , Ceramic Disc based on Disc Material. The Market can be categorized into Passenger Car , Lightweight Commercial Vehicle , Truck and Bus based on Vehicle Type . The Market can be categorized into Woven, Molded based on Type . The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Brake Disc holds the largest share
The market is expected to be dominated by the brake disc segment due to they are more effective and have more stopping power than drum brakes, disc brakes are becoming more and more common in passenger automobiles, commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty vehicles. The growing demand for lightweight brake disc solutions driven by the need to reduce vehicle weight and improve fuel economy.
Based on Disc Material
Metallic disc will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The metallic discs capture the biggest market share in 2022 due to its inherent cost-effectiveness. Additionally, metallic discs are more prominent because of how accessible they are, which adds to their popularity. When it comes to meeting performance requirements, metallic discs perform admirably under various circumstances. Furthermore, despite withstanding extreme temperatures and wear and tear, their durability continues to be a defining feature.
Based on Vehicle Type
Passenger Car will account for largest market share
The passenger car category will hold the biggest market share in 2022 due to there are so many passenger automobiles on the planet reinforces their dominance as the most common type of vehicle. This market is driven by the unwavering need for safety, as strict safety rules require the use of premium brake friction products in passenger cars. Due to its higher stopping power compared to drum brakes, passenger automobiles are increasingly using disc brakes, which is speeding this trend.
Based on Type
Woven will dominate the market in 2022
The woven sector, which is quickly becoming the dominant force in the industry, will hold the biggest market share in 2022 due to a convergence of crucial variables. Woven friction materials are notable for their remarkable performance under a variety of circumstances, skillfully withstanding hot temperatures and general wear and tear while providing consistent stopping force. Their longevity over many years and resilience to warping and cracking, which sets them apart from friction materials that are molded, is a crucial quality.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific will lead the market
Asia Pacific is positioned is anticipated to lead the market for . Notably, the enormous volume of vehicles produced in the region more than 60% of the world's output fuels a sizeable need for brake friction goods. The growing middle class in Asia Pacific supports the desire for safe and trustworthy vehicles, which in turn promotes an increase in the market for premium brake friction products. As a result of disc brakes' improved stopping power compared to drum brakes, disc brake use is increasing throughout Asia Pacific.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players, ranging from innovation and evolving consumer demands to manufacturers. The market is marked by a focus on technological advancements to enhance braking performance, reduce environmental impact, and meet stringent regulations. Customized solutions catering to diverse applications, strategic global partnerships, acquisitions, and a growing emphasis on aftermarket products are defining trends.
The players in the global market include Robert Bosch, Aisin Seiki, Nisshinbo Holding, Federal-Mogul, Brembo, Delphi, Tenneco, Akebono Brake Industries, SGL Group among others.
Recent Market Developments
- March 2022: New forged aluminum calipers from Brembo have an unrivaled pedal sensation because to their asymmetrical radial mounted design. The new calipers combine a special seal and groove technology with NASCAR Cup braking systems.
- February 2022: Dual cast, lightweight two-piece brake discs were introduced by Brembo for the aftermarket market. The new products come with lighter headwear, pillar or directed venting, holes and/or grooves on the braking surface, and a revolutionary cast iron process.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Product Type (Brake Disc , Pad , Drum, Shoe Liner )
- Disc Material (Metallic Disc , Ceramic Disc )
- Vehicle Type (Passenger Car , Lightweight Commercial Vehicle , Truck and Bus )
- Type (Woven, Molded )
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa )
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Robert Bosch
- Aisin Seiki
- Nisshinbo Holding
- Akebono Brake Industries
- SGL Group
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options