The Global Biostimulants Market is valued at USD 3.35 Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 8.17 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 11.80% over the forecast period.
As growers' attention to adding protein-rich regulators in routine agricultural techniques increases due to a rise in nutrition consciousness, the market share of Biostimulants will be directly and positively impacted. With the rising awareness of the negative, long-term effects of synthetic chemicals used for plant development, the demand for Biostimulants is increasing. Due to growing consumer awareness of the advantages of organic foods, the implementation of organic standards, and the acceptance of GLOBALGAP (Global Good Agricultural Practices) policies, the market for Biostimulants is anticipated to expand in the upcoming years. Manufacturers have the chance to develop new products in the bio-stimulant and plant growth promotor segments because of technological advancements in the bio-stimulant industry.
Biostimulants Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Biostimulants are becoming more and more popular as consumer awareness of personal health, and environmental issues grow. Organic food is residue-free, doesn't spread dangerous diseases, and doesn't harm the environment. Therefore, the demand for biological crop nutrition is expanding due to the increased demand for organic food and organic farming. The use of Biostimulants as plant growth stimulants is gaining traction in the agriculture sector. However, low pricing of these items from small-scale domestic manufacturers also encourages farmers to acquire them, reducing bio-stimulant sales.
Top Market Trends:
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
● The Biostimulants Market is expected to increase throughout the forecast period because of rising demand from the organic food industry and active engagement from key players.
● In 2021, the amino acids plastics segment had the highest market share at 66%.
● In 2021, the foliar segment dominated the market with a market share of 48%.
● The Biostimulants Market is highly fragmented, with various small and medium-sized companies and a few big players, resulting in stiff competition in the market.
● The development of regional markets and local players in different parts of the world is the major reason for the fragmented nature of the market.
The Biostimulants Market is segmented based on Active Ingredient, Mode of Application, Form, Crop Type, and Region. Based on the Active Ingredient, the market is segmented into Hemic Substances, Fulvic Acid, Hemic Acid, Seaweed Extracts, Microbial Amendments, Amino Acids and Other Active Ingredients (including Vitamins, Trace Minerals, & Polysaccharides). In addition, based on Mode of Application, the market is further divided into Foliar, Soil Treatment and Seed treatment. Furthermore, based on the Forms, the market is segmented as Liquid and Dry. Additionally, based on the Crop Type, the market has been segmented as Cereals & grains, Fruits & vegetables, Turf & Ornamentals, Oilseeds & Pulses, and Others (Forage and Plantation Crops).
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Application:
Foliar category dominated the market in 2021
During the forecast period, the Foliar segment's market share is the most significant. This is due to the benefits of Foliar Treatment, which include increased cellular activity and quicker nutrient absorption. Foliar Treatment entails applying Biostimulants directly to plant leaves to increase nutrient absorption from the soil's surface. Intake is aided by the epidermis and stomata on the surface of the leaves.
Biostimulants utilized for Foliar Treatment are often in liquid form to facilitate simple administration and absorption. The Seed Treatment application method is cost-effective since it uses less labor than other procedures and is efficient and effective. Therefore, Biostimulants are typically marketed for Foliar Treatments to make application easier. The main active components used in these products for foliar application include glycine betaine, chelated nutrients, and IPA molecules. The process speeds up leaf nutrition absorption, improves nutrient uptake, and boosts cellular activity.
Based on Form:
Liquid Category Dominated the Market in 2021
Biostimulants are usually provided in Liquid form to facilitate application and transportation. The Liquid form allows for faster nutrition absorption by leaves, improved nutrient uptake, and increased cellular activity. As a result, the Liquid category dominated the market over the forecast period.
Based on Active Ingredients:
Amino Acids Segment Dominated the Market in 2021
The Amino Acids segment is anticipated to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The greater cost of Amino Acids is the cause of this dominance. In the past, a single, functionally distinct active component was used to make Biostimulants. In order to promote plant metabolism and seed germination, amino acids are one of the main sources of phytohormones. Amino Acids are one of the primary sources of phytohormones and help to stimulate plant metabolism and seed germination. They encourage flowering, pollination, fruit development, and fruit set in the plant. Manufacturers have been creating formulations with a blend of different active substances so that a particular product can cater to multi-functionality, thanks to the growing awareness of sustainability and the expansion of research efforts.
Based on Regional Analysis:
North America had the Largest Share in 2021
North America is expected to register the largest growth in the market during the forecast period. Increased investments in agricultural biological research and development are driving the market forecast in North America. The product has emerged as an ideal supplement to traditional chemical treatments for enhancing plant growth and vitality. These are increasingly seen as an integral part of a comprehensive approach to maximizing yields. Recent technological and scientific advances are one of the primary elements driving the direction and evolution of agricultural research, affecting the use of these bioproducts in boosting stress tolerance and growth in a variety of crops and plants. The increased promotion of organic and sustainable farming techniques, as well as consumer demand for organically produced items, are providing incentives for farmers in the United States across a wide range of products.
● In February 2022, Ambition, a crop supplement formulation including amino acids and fulvic acids, has been released by Bayer AG for the Chinese market. The first amino acid biostimulant from Bayer to hit the Chinese market is called Ambition.
● In October 2021, Chr. Hansan, a global bioscience corporation, cooperated with UPL Limited to develop microbial-based BioSolutions (including bio stimulants and biopesticides).
● In March 2021, the completion of the acquisition of Isagro S.p.A. was announced by Gowan Company. Isagro is currently a privately held business that Gowan controls. Gowan will incorporate the Isagro business in the upcoming months. With this acquisition, Gowan gains access to chemical synthesis, more scientific depth, and expanded commercial potential.
● In October 2020, Segro SPA acquired Phoenix Del to grow through external lines in the segments of copper-based fungicides and BioSolutions. With this agreement, the biostimulant market will get access to additional innovative goods.
The key players in the Global Biostimulants Market include- BASF SE, UPL, Valagro S.P.A, Gowan Company, FMC Corporation, ILSA S.P.A., Rallis India Limited, Haifa Group, ADAMA LTD, Biovert S.L., Koppert Biological Systems, Tradecorp International, Agritecno, Axeb Biotech SL, Mafa Bioscience, Lawrieco, Devi Crop Science, Bioflora Agricen, Bonumose Inc. and others.
Segmentation of the Global Biostimulants Market:
- Active Ingredients (Humic Substances, Humic Acid, Fulvic Acid, Seaweed Extracts, Microbial Amendments, Amino Acids, Other Active Ingredients (including Vitamins, Trace Minerals, & Polysaccharides))
- Mode of Application (Foliar Treatment, Soil Treatment, Seed Treatment)
- Forms (Liquid, Dry)
- Crop Type (Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables, Turfs & Ornamentals, Others (Forage & Plantation Crops))
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- BASF SE
- Valagro S.P.A
- Gowan Company
- FMC Corporation
- ILSA S.P.A.
- Rallis India Limited
- Haifa Group
- ADAMA LTD
- Biovert S.L.
- Koppert Biological Systems
- Tradecorp International
- Axeb Biotech SL
- Mafa Bioscience
- Devi Crop Science
- Bioflora Agricen
- Bonumose Inc.
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options