Bio-Composites Market - Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Fiber Types Wood Fiber Composites, Non-wood Fiber Composites
- By Polymer Types Natural Polymer Composites, Synthetic Polymer Composites
- By Products Hybrid Bio Composites, Green Bio Composites
- By End Use Industries Building & Construction, Transportation, Consumer & Goods, Other Industries
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2021 - 2028|
|Historical Years:||2016 - 2020|
|Revenue 2021:||USD 24.2 Billion|
|Revenue 2028:||USD 57.2 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2021 - 2028):||15.5%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2021 - 2028)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2021):||Asia Pacific|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
The Global Bio-Composites Market is valued at USD 24.2 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach a value of USD 57.2 Billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 15.5% over the forecast period.
Japan, the United States, and Germany are all developed nations with a high demand for eco-friendly products. This has contributed greatly to the explosion in popularity of Bio-Composites. Compared to other possibilities, the European Union has decided to go with Bio-Composites materials. Demand for Bio-Composites is expected to grow faster in the European Union than in Japan or the United States. Since more and more people realize the benefits of biobased products, the demand for Bio-Composites has skyrocketed. Auto parts have been separated for recycling to reduce the worldwide accumulation of radioactive elements and garbage. To reduce the worldwide accumulation of trash and scrap, it has been mandated that automakers handle the disposal process internally. Manufacturers are now responsible for servicing and maintaining automobiles throughout their useful lives. ATI Technologies Inc. (United States) is the leading company in the Bio-Composites Market with a share of 40%. The company offers carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) composites, thermoset composites, Flame Retardant Polyurethane (FRP) composites, and other additives. The Obama administration's Clean Power Plan aimed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from U.S. power plants by 32% below 2005 levels by 2030 through various measures, including reducing demand for coal-fired power generation and developing strategies for using more renewable energy sources such as solar and wind power.
Another key factor driving the growth of the Bio-Composites Market is their potential replacement for expensive and environmentally damaging materials. Many applications where traditional materials would be unsuitable or too costly can be adapted to use Bio-Composites instead. This includes aircraft and automotive parts, which can replace traditional plastics and metals. By 2023, the market will be propelled by the large-scale commercialization of biomaterials for medical implants and aircraft. The Government of Canada has announced a plan to develop new industrial fiber products, which are expected to boost demand for Bio-Composites. This initiative is expected to create new jobs in the Bio-Composites industry and spur the development of novel Bio-Composites products. New industrial fiber products are expected to include artificial silk, carbon nanotubes, and wood pulp-based composites. The Government of Canada's plans are likely to drive the adoption of these new fibers in various applications across industries. Federal government regulations related to the market include those governing the production and use of biofuels and environmentally friendly chemicals. In addition, state governments may have their own regulations governing the production and use of Bio-Composites. For example, California requires manufacturers of concrete products to include at least 10% biodegradable fiber in their products.
Many industry players highly anticipate the future of the Bio-Composites Market owing to the increasing demand for eco-friendly and sustainable materials. However, some key restraints, such as insufficient funding, limited research and development (R&D) capabilities, and regulatory hurdles, are hampering the growth of this market. When it comes to interfacial bonding, natural fibers are superior because of their lower fiber metrics. Instead of synthetic fibers, this method's mechanical output and resulting strength are significantly better. Carbon fiber and glass are further examples of such materials. Plant-based fibers have been shown to have hydrophilic characteristics and a polar nature. The natural hydrophilic fibers contain pectins and hemicelluloses. Hydrophobic and nonpolar properties are typical in thermosets, thermoplastics, and polymers. Because of this, problems with matrix and fiber compatibility have arisen. The fibers' chemical processing significantly boosts the product's mechanical strength. Natural fibers are much more durable than their synthetic counterparts. As a result of their cumulative effect, these various factors now act as brakes on the market's expansion.
Bio-Composites Market Size, 2021 To 2028 (USD Billion)
Future for Business Owners
The market for Bio-Composites is proliferating as the technology becomes more accessible, and the benefits of using these materials are becoming increasingly clear. Bio-Composites can be used in various applications, from structural components to aircraft, and their impact on the market is significant. One of the main drivers of the Bio-Composites Market is the increasing demand for sustainable materials. Using Bio-Composites can help reduce environmental impact and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. They can also be less expensive than traditional materials, making them a viable option for projects requiring high durability or performance. Another important driver of the Bio-Composites Market is innovation. Bio-Composites are often created using new technologies that allow for unique combinations of materials that were not possible before. This leads to new products and increased adoption by companies looking for innovative solutions to problems. The growing popularity of Bio-Composites has led to increased research and development efforts around this technology. Companies are trying to identify new ways to improve these materials' performance and sustainability.
Top Market Trends
- The high adoption rates of innovative technologies such as 3D printing are pivotal in driving the growth of the global bio-composites market. Many advanced engineering solutions such as aerospace & defense, automotive & transportation, construction & infrastructure, electronics & communication, health care products, etc., are being developed using 3D printing technology, which offers cost-effective solutions with better aesthetics than traditional manufacturing methods. The key regions that are benefitting from this trend include North America (35%), Europe (27%), and Asia Pacific (26%).
- Increased Demand for Bio-Composites from Industry Sectors: The automotive industry is one of the major drivers for increased demand for Bio-Composites owing to their superior performance in terms of fuel efficiency, weight reduction, and noise reduction. The aerospace industry is also witnessing rising demand for these materials due to their potential applications in aircraft and missiles. Other industries seeing increased interest in using Bio-Composites include construction, healthcare, renewable energy, food & beverage packaging, etc.
- Advances in Material Synthesis Technologies: As technology has advanced, so too can create novel types of Bio-Composites materials. This trend has led to the developing of hybrid composites comprising organic and inorganic components.
The Global Bio-Composites Market is segmented based on Fiber Types, Polymer Types, Products, End Use Industries, and Region. Based on the Fiber Types, the market is classified into Wood Fiber Composites and Non-wood Fiber Composites. Furthermore, based on the Polymer Types, the market is segmented into Natural Polymer Composites and Synthetic Polymer Composites. In addition, based on Products, the market is segmented into Hybrid Bio-Composites and Green Bio-Composites. Moreover, based on the End Use Industries, the market is segmented into Building & Construction, Transportation, Consumer & Goods, and Other Industries. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Fiber Types
The market is expected to be dominated by non-wood fiber composites soon. The major driver for the growth of non-wood fiber composites is the growing awareness of their environmental benefits. These composites are also favored owing to their high strength and stiffness properties, which make them ideal for applications such as aerospace and automotive components. The market for wood fiber composites is anticipated to grow at a slower pace in comparison with non-wood fiber composites over the next few years. This may be due to the higher cost of these composites, which could restrict their adoption in certain applications.
Based on Polymer Types
The natural polymer composites segment is projected to account for the largest share of the Global Bio-Composites Market in 2022, followed by synthetic polymer composites. However, the synthetic polymer composites segment is expected to dominate the global market by 2025.
Based on Products
The hybrid Bio-Composites segment is expected to account for most of the market share during the forecast period. Hybrid Bio-Composites are synthetic and natural fiber reinforcements used for various automotive, aerospace, and defense applications. On the other hand, green Bio-Composites are made up of only natural fiber reinforcements and are mainly used in the construction industry.
Based on End-Use Industries
The Building & Construction sector accounts for a major share of the overall global market for Bio-Composites. The market is expected to grow from USD 5.0 billion in 2021 to USD 10.5 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 7.8%. This rapid growth can be attributed to the increasing demand for eco-friendly and sustainable construction materials and the increasing focus on reducing energy consumption in buildings. The transportation sector is one of the major end-use industries for composites and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8% from 2021 to 2025. This is due to the increasing demand for fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly vehicles. The consumer & goods and other industries are also expected to witness a growth in demand for composites during this period. This is because these industries typically use composites in products that are high in value, such as aircraft and wind turbines. The increasing healthcare awareness and rising concerns over environmental pollution will likely drive the demand for Bio-Composites products in the automotive and aviation sectors.
Based on Region
The major regional markets include North America ($6.4 billion), Europe ($4 billion), Asia Pacific ($3.4 billion), and Latin America ($1.8 billion). The Latin American and Middle East & African markets are expected to grow slower during this period.
The key players in the Global Bio-Composites Market include- UPM (Finland), Trex Company (US), Universal Forest Products Inc. (US), Fiberon LLC (US), FlexForm Technologies (US) and others.
- The government of China has launched several initiatives to develop renewable energy. This is expected to drive this region’s demand for Bio-Composites.
- In 2024, there are likely to be several product launches aimed at improving performance or reducing costs associated with using Bio-Composites materials. This includes everything from new types of adhesives and composite resins to new fiber production methods and machine learning algorithms that can improve material production rates.
- Government initiatives such as R&D programs supported by government bodies such as the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), the National institute of textile technology (NITI Aayog), and the National University of Singapore are also contributing to growth in the market.
- The polymeric bio-composites market is estimated to be worth $4.5 billion by 2024. The silicone Bio-Composites Market is projected to be worth $5.5 billion by 2024. Factors contributing to this growth include increasing demand for pharmaceuticals and food products free from toxic chemicals, rising healthcare costs, and growing concerns over environmental sustainability.
Segmentation of the Global Bio-Composites Market
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
What is the global demand for Bio-Composites in terms of revenue?
The global Bio-Composites valued at in 2020 and is expected to reach in 2028 growing at a CAGR of 15.5%.
Which are the prominent players in the market?
The prominent players in the market are UPM (Finland), Trex Company (US), Universal Forest Products Inc. (US), Fiberon LLC (US), FlexForm Technologies (US).
At what CAGR is the market projected to grow within the forecast period?
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 15.5% between 2021 and 2028.
What are the driving factors fueling the growth of the market.
The driving factors of the Bio-Composites include
- Increasing use of Biocomposites in building and construction
Which region accounted for the largest share in the market?
Asia Pacific was the leading regional segment of the Bio-Composites in 2020.