The global Bioadhesives Market is valued at USD 6.3 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 12.6 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 10.50% between 2023 and 2030.
The growing demand for sustainable and eco-friendly solutions is driving the market. Made from renewable resources like plants, bioadhesives offer a non-toxic and biodegradable option instead of traditional adhesives. This helps address environmental concerns and reduces reliance on finite fossil fuels. Bioadhesives are versatile and can be customised for different uses, making them a popular choice in various industries such as packaging, construction, and healthcare. Government regulations also support green technologies, offering incentives and subsidies that further promote their use.
Bioadhesives Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- With increasing emphasis on eco-conscious decisions by both consumers and businesses, the market is set to expand and play a crucial role in the transition to sustainable and environmentally-friendly practices across industries.
- Europe generated more than 40.30% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Plant segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 65.5% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Medical segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 30.2% of the total revenue share in 2022
The market has shown remarkable growth over the last five years, with an impressive CAGR. The market is being driven by the increasing demand for eco-friendly alternatives to traditional adhesives. These adhesives, derived from renewable sources, are gaining popularity as industries prioritize sustainability. The market's dynamics are influenced by sectors such as medical, packaging, and construction, which are experiencing a surge in demand for bioadhesives due to their versatile applications. Additionally, government support and incentives for sustainable products contribute to the economic feasibility of bioadhesives. These economic insights suggest a promising future for the bioadhesives market, where environmental consciousness, technological advancements, and economic viability intersect to provide bio-based adhesive solutions for various industries.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Growing demand for eco-friendly products: Consumer demand for eco-friendly products is on the rise as people become more aware of the environmental impact of their consumption. As a result, there is a growing interest in bioadhesives, which are made from renewable resources and can biodegrade.
- Increasing use in the medical industry: The medical industry is witnessing an increasing adoption of bioadhesives due to their biocompatibility and ability to bond with biological surfaces. These versatile adhesives find applications in various medical procedures, including wound closures, drug delivery, and tissue engineering.
- Technological advancements: Continuous advancements in technology are revolutionizing the field of bioadhesives, leading to the creation of more effective and versatile products. Researchers are tirelessly working on developing bioadhesives that possess enhanced strength, durability, and versatility.
- Research and Development for Innovative Formulations: In the pursuit of enhancing performance characteristics, ongoing research and development endeavors have been focused on the creation of bioadhesives. These efforts aim to elevate their strength, flexibility, and durability aspects, thereby enabling them to strongly contend with conventional synthetic adhesives.
The globel Bioadhesives market can be categorized into Type, Application, Region. The Market can be categorized into Plant Based, Animal Based based on Type. The Market can be categorized into Paper & Packaging, Construction, Woodworking, Personal Care, Medical, Others based on Application. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Plant holds the largest share
Plant based dominates the market because these adhesives benefit from the abundant availability of raw materials, derived from renewable resources such as starch, cellulose, and gum arabic. This not only makes them widely accessible but also cost-effective. Plant-based adhesives offer versatile properties that can be customized for different adhesion needs, strength requirements, and flexibility preferences, making them suitable for a wide range of applications.
Based on Application
Medical will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market is expected to be predominantly driven by the medical sector due to the increasing demand for biocompatible and biodegradable adhesives, which perfectly align with the strict requirements of medical applications. Bioadhesives are renowned for their compatibility with biological systems and eco-friendly nature, making them increasingly utilized in critical medical areas. In wound closure, for example, bioadhesives provide a suture- and staple-free alternative, which reduces infection risks and minimizes scarring.
Based on Region
Europe lead the market
Europe lead the market due to strong demand from the European medical industry, where bioadhesives are widely used for important applications like wound closure, drug delivery, and tissue engineering. Furthermore, Europe benefits from the presence of major bioadhesive manufacturers, who are heavily investing in research and development to improve bioadhesive properties. The increasing awareness among European consumers about the advantages of bioadhesives, including biocompatibility, biodegradability, and eco-friendliness, is also driving demand in diverse industries like packaging, construction, and personal care.
The market is highly competitive, with key players like Henkel, Arkema, and Ashland fighting for dominance in this rapidly growing sector. These industry leaders leverage their established positions to invest heavily in research and development, working towards the creation of innovative bioadhesive formulas that boast enhanced strength, durability, and versatility for various applications. As sustainability becomes more important, companies are increasingly focusing on bioadhesives made from renewable resources, aligning with global eco-friendly initiatives.
The players in the global market include Paramelt BV, HENKEL AG, .ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC., ARKEMA S.A., U.S. Adhesives, Adhesives Research, Inc., Camurus, Beardow Adams, DUPONT, Jowat SE among others.
Recent Market Developments
- 2022: On a mass-balance basis, Arkema announced that a range of bio-attributed acrylic monomers along with speciality acrylic additives and resins have been certified by the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification-PLUS (ISCC+).
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Type (Plant Based, Animal Based)
- Application (Paper & Packaging, Construction, Woodworking, Personal Care, Medical, Others)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Paramelt BV
- HENKEL AG
- .ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC.
- ARKEMA S.A.
- U.S. Adhesives
- Adhesives Research Inc.
- Beardow Adams
- Jowat SE
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options