The global Bean Pasta Market is valued at USD 3.1 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 4.6 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 8.1% between 2023 and 2030.
The rising preference for healthier alternatives like Bean Pasta over traditional wheat pasta is primarily driven by the rise in the number of health-conscious consumers. The market for Bean Pasta is also being driven by the growing food processing industry and rising consumer demand for ready-to-eat foods with convenient storage and long shelf lives. For example, Explore Cuisine is a brand known for its wide range of plant-based pasta, including Bean Pasta made from organic ingredients.
Bean Pasta Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Their Bean Pasta options include varieties such as black bean spaghetti, edamame, mung bean fettuccine, and adzuki bean spaghetti. Explore Cuisine's products are known for being vegan, gluten-free, and packed with nutrients. Protein and fiber content in Bean Pasta is higher than in regular pasta. In addition to helping to reduce unsaturated body fat, Bean Pasta's high nutritional value promotes digestive health, lowers blood cholesterol levels, and supports the growth of muscles. Bean-based pasta is typically gluten-free, but in terms of nutrition, things are very different. They frequently have an impressive nutritional profile because they are made from whole beans or legumes like black beans, lentils, chickpeas, or lentils. For instance, a 3.5-ounce serving of chickpea pasta has 340 calories, 6g fat, 56g carbohydrates, 23g protein, 8g fiber, and 35% of your daily iron needs. Pasta made from beans or white flour has a lot of carbohydrates. However, pasta made from beans or other legumes has a lot more fiber.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
- The demand for traditional Bean Pasta will increase significantly as a result of worries about food adulteration,
- A significant contributor will be the online retail sector, which is expected to grow by 18% by the year 2030,
- With 90% of the market share, store-based retail will continue to be the market leader,
- As a result of growth prospects in China and India, Asia Pacific is expected to experience a significant 16% CAGR.
The cost of the beans and other ingredients that go into making Bean Pasta is very important. If the price of beans rises, it may eventually result in higher production costs and a rise in the cost of Bean Pasta. Production capacity can also be impacted by the market's accessibility and availability of beans. Inflation, exchange rates, and governmental policies are just a few examples of the economic factors that affect the market for Bean Pasta. Last but not least, consumer spending power and disposable income have a direct impact on the demand for Bean Pasta, making it crucial to take economic factors into account to ensure the market's long-term sustainability.
Top Market Trends
- Increasing Demand for Gluten-Free and Plant-Based Alternatives: Bean Pasta provides a healthy and sustainable alternative for the growing number of health-conscious consumers, people with gluten sensitivity, and people who eat vegan or vegetarian diets. These substitutes, which are made from a combination of legumes like chickpeas or black beans, are appealing to health-conscious people looking for a nourishing pasta option because of their high protein and fiber content.
- The Convenience Factor is Another Significant Trend in the Bean Pasta market: Convenient food options are preferred by consumers because of their busy lifestyles and need for quick and simple meal options. Bean Pasta provides a solution because it cooks more quickly than conventional wheat-based pasta, which cuts down on preparation time and makes it the perfect option for people who are short on time. The rise in single-person households and the number of working professionals looking for quick meal options without sacrificing nutrition are driving this trend.
- The Emphasis on Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly Products is Driving the Growth: Greener options are becoming more popular as consumers become more aware of the carbon footprint associated with food production. Since Bean Pasta is plant-based and requires less water and land to produce than traditional wheat-based pasta, it has a lower carbon footprint. Additionally, legumes used to make Bean Pasta are nitrogen-fixing plants that improve soil quality and lessen the need for artificial fertilizers. This market trend is in line with the growing consumer demand for sustainable food options as well as the rising global concern over climate change.
The global Bean Pasta market can be categorized on the following: Nature, Product, Distribution Channel, and Regions. Based on Nature, the market can be split between Organic and Conventional. Furthermore, based on Product, the market can be segmented as Black Bean Pasta, Chickpea Pasta, Lentil Pasta, SoyBean Pasta, and Edamame Pasta. In addition, based on Distribution Channel, the market can be categorized as Online Stores, Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, and Convenience Stores. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Nature
Organic Bean Pasta is Known for its Excellent Taste and Nutritional Value, making it the Preferred Choice for Health-Conscious Consumers
The organic options are the largest market segment in the nature category of Bean Pasta. Organic Bean Pasta has seen significant growth in popularity as consumers' preferences for natural and chemical-free products increase. The high-quality, non-GMO beans used to make organic Bean Pasta are free of artificial additives, preservatives, and pesticides. It is popular with consumers who are concerned about their health because of its great taste and nutritional value. Growing knowledge of the potential health benefits of eating organic food is what is driving the demand for organic Bean Pasta.
Based on Product
Chickpea Pasta has Gained Widespread Popularity due to its Numerous Health Benefits and Versatility in Cooking
Chickpea pasta is the most popular product category within the Bean Pasta market. Several factors have contributed to the significant growth and popularity of this segment. First off, because chickpea pasta is naturally gluten-free and has a higher protein content than regular pasta, it is a great substitute for people who follow gluten-free or grain-free diets. Second, a growing number of customers seeking plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian options in their diet are drawn to chickpea pasta. Additionally, chickpea pasta is more appealing to a wider range of consumers because of how similar its flavor and texture are to regular pasta. Chickpea pasta has risen to the top of the Bean Pasta market due to a combination of its health benefits and wider consumer appeal.
Based on Distribution Channel
Online Retailers Offer a Wide Range of Bean Pasta Options, Allowing Consumers to Easily Compare Prices, Read Product Reviews, and Make Informed Decisions
Online retail makes up the majority of the market for Bean Pasta distribution channels. Online retail has grown in popularity as e-commerce platforms have grown in popularity and because of the convenience, they offer, making Bean Pasta products available there. Bean Pasta is available from a variety of online retailers, making it simple for customers to compare prices, read customer reviews, and decide. Online retailers also frequently provide discounts, competitive pricing, and home delivery options, all of which help to draw customers. The ease of online shopping and the availability of doorstep delivery of Bean Pasta products have aided in the dominance of online retail as a distribution method for Bean Pasta.
Based on Region
North America is the Largest Region in Bean Pasta market Owing to the High Demand for Organic Products
North America is the region with the largest market for Bean Pasta. Bean Pasta has become very popular in this area due to the rising demand for gluten-free and plant-based alternatives. There is a sizable population of health-conscious consumers in North America who are looking for wholesome and environmentally friendly food options. The market for Bean Pasta in this area is expanding primarily due to the United States and Canada. The market for Bean Pasta currently has the largest share (over 40%) in North America. The market in this area is expanding due to the high demand for organic products, which is a well-established market trend meant to promote health and wellness. Furthermore, the region's vegan population is expanding, leading to a greater demand for plant-based protein sources like Bean Pasta. Additionally, the convenience and versatility of Bean Pasta have garnered attention, as it can be easily incorporated into a variety of dishes. With these factors combined, North America presents a promising market for Bean Pasta manufacturers and suppliers.
Numerous international and regional actors compete fiercely on the global market. Major corporations engage in strategic alliances, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to acquire a market advantage. In addition, manufacturers concentrate on capacity expansions and R&D for new product development to offer consumers products that are on trend. Legumes, peas, and faba beans are receiving increased attention due to the growing demand for locally produced, high-quality protein foods. To determine whether the proteins and fibers of peas and faba beans can be isolated for the commercialization of pasta products, researchers at the Swedish University of Agriculture and the University of Copenhagen are, for example, increasing the effectiveness of their R&D activities. Such studies provide crucial information to businesses in the Bean Pasta market and create new opportunities for businesses operating in the market.
The key players in the global Bean Pasta market include - Banza (U.S.), Tolerant Foods (U.S.), Explore Cuisine (U.S.), Barilla Group (Italy), POW! Pasta (U.S.), Ancient Harvest (U.S.), Miracle Noodle (U.S.), Bgreen Food (U.S.), Viveri Food (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- February 2022: Barilla launched a new range of bean-based gluten-free pasta called "Legume Pasta" in the United States. This pasta is made from a combination of red lentils, chickpeas, and green peas.
- April 2021: Banza expanded its Bean Pasta product line in the United States by introducing a new shape called "Wheels." This addition gives consumers more options to choose from in their Bean Pasta selection.
- June 2021: Explore Cuisine launched a new variety of bean-based pasta called "Elbow Macaroni" in the United States. This product is made from a blend of organic edamame and mung bean flour, providing a healthier alternative to traditional macaroni products.
Segmentation of the Global Bean Pasta Market
- Nature (Organic, Conventional)
- Product Type (Black Bean Pasta, Chickpea Pasta, Lentil Pasta, Soybean Pasta, Edamame)
- Distribution Channel (Stored-based Retailing, Online Store, Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, Convenience Stores)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Banza (U.S.)
- Tolerant Foods (U.S.)
- Explore Cuisine (U.S.)
- Barilla Group (Italy)
- POW! Pasta (U.S.)
- Ancient Harvest (U.S.)
- Miracle Noodle (U.S.)
- Bgreen Food (U.S.)
- Viveri Food (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options