The global Bacteriological Testing Market is valued at USD 13.82 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 24.47 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 7.5% between 2023 and 2030.
The increasing need for food safety and strict regulatory requirements, which force industry to thoroughly test products for microbiological contamination, are driving the market. Furthermore, the incidence of foodborne illnesses and infections emphasizes the crucial role that bacteriological testing plays in disease prevention, supporting market expansion. Rapid tests and molecular diagnostics, which are increasingly used, provide faster and more accurate results, which further supports market expansion. For instance, in June 2022, STEMart introduced sterility and microbiological testing for non-pyrogenic and sterile medical equipment. So, over the study's projected period, more service launches by major market competitors are anticipated to boost market growth.
Bacteriological Testing Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The prevalence of infectious diseases is increasing, which is accelerating market expansion. For instance, Invasive group A strep illness was reported in the United States on an annual basis in the most recent five years in between 14,000 and 25,000 cases, according to the CDC in June 2022.
- North America generated more than 35.8% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Coliform segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 35.5% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Rapid segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 54.5% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Consumables & reagents segment accounts for 38.5% market share in 2022
- Food & beverage segment dominated the market in 2022 with market share of 34.8%
The market for will experience significant economic expansion throughout the forecast year. This rise is supported by elements including the expansion of point-of-care testing, which is anticipated to grow by around 12% yearly, and the rising use of rapid testing technology, particularly in healthcare settings. Due to the growing adoption of automation and the requirement for high-quality testing materials to ensure accuracy and dependability, it is also predicted that the consumables and reagents segment will maintain a dominant market position, contributing almost 50% to the overall revenue.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Rising incidence of infectious diseases: A number of variables, including globalization, climate change, and antibiotic resistance, are contributing to an increase in the prevalence of infectious diseases. The need for bacteriological testing to identify and track the infections.
- Stringent government regulations: To assure the safety of these items, governments are progressively regulating the food, water, and pharmaceutical industries. As a result, there is a rise in the demand for bacteriological testing to meet these criteria.
- Advances in technology: Technology for bacteriological testing has significantly improved recently. These developments have sped up, improved the accuracy, and decreased the cost of testing. This is promoting market expansion by making bacteriological testing more available and affordable.
- Growing demand from the pharmaceutical industry: Bacteriological testing is being used more frequently by the pharmaceutical industry to create novel medications and vaccines. The need for bacteriological testing in this industry is being driven by this.
- Increased awareness of the importance of hygiene: The significance of hygiene in halting the spread of infectious diseases is becoming increasingly clear. Bacteriological testing is becoming more popular as a result of the need to keep track of how clean food, water, and other products.
The globel Bacteriological Testing market can be categorized into Bacteria Type , Technology , Component , End Use , Region. The Market can be categorized into Coliform, Salmonella, Campylobacter, Listeria , Legionella , Others based on Bacteria Type . The Market can be categorized into Traditional, Rapid based on Technology . The Market can be categorized into Instruments , Test Kits, Consumables & reagents based on Component . The Market can be categorized into Food & beverage, Water, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics based on End Use . The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Bacteria Type
Coliform holds the largest share
The market is expected to be dominated by the coliform bacteria serve as markers of potential contamination since they are frequently found in the environment, including soil, water, food, and the intestines of humans and animals. Although they are usually not toxic in and of themselves, their presence can indicate the presence of more harmful bacteria. In order to ensure the safety of several products, including food and water, and to identify diseases such diarrhoea and UTI, bacteriological testing for coliform bacteria is essential.
Based on Technology
Rapid technology will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market will likely be dominated by the rapid technology segment because it provides unmatched speed, providing answers in hours. This is especially important in situations requiring rapid diagnoses, including foodborne infections or sepsis. Their increasing accuracy has also put them on level with conventional exams. Rapid testing is also becoming a more desirable option for businesses and healthcare providers due to their rising cost-effectiveness.
Based on Component
Consumables and reagents lead the market in 2022
The consumables and reagents sector will likely hold the biggest market share for Bacteriological Testing because it has variety of consumables and reagents, including culture media, buffers, and enzymes, are required as the use of quick tests spreads. This dominance is a result of the rising demand for point-of-care testing, which is defined by the necessity for small, portable equipment with fewer consumable and reagent requirements than conventional laboratory-based procedures. Additionally, the trend toward testing methods becoming increasingly automated increases the need for consumables and reagents to support automated systems.
Based on End-use
Food & beverage dominated the market in 2022
The food and beverage sector has become largest market share revenue for . This industry's reliance on bacteriological testing is driven by the unrelenting customer demand for food safety and the parallel implementation of strict regulatory laws to guarantee food product integrity. The important role that bacteriological testing plays in disease prevention is highlighted by the persistent threat of foodborne diseases, a significant public health concern. Further strengthening the industry's position as a market leader is the widespread implementation of bacteriological testing throughout all stages of food manufacturing, from raw materials to final goods.
Based on Region
North America will lead the market
North America is expected to dominate the market for due to a the strictest environmental and food safety rules in the world, which drives up the demand for bacteriological testing to assure compliance with these tough standards. A greater demand for bacteriological testing to ensure the integrity of food products has been sparked by North American consumers' growing awareness of the critical relevance of food safety. Additionally, the significant funding for bacteriology-related research and development in North America encourages the development of novel and sophisticated bacteriological testing technology.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players, leading companies continuously innovate to introduce advanced testing technologies and expand their market presence through strategic collaborations, acquisitions, and partnerships. Additionally, a growing number of emerging and niche players are entering the market, offering specialized solutions and catering to specific segments, further intensifying competition.
The players in the global market include SGS, Bureau Veritas, Intertek, Eurofins, TÜV SÜD, ALS Limited, 3M, Thermo Fisher, Merck, Agilent among others.
Recent Market Developments
- November 2022: Tecta-PDS, a forward-thinking Canadian business that automated water microbiology testing for elements including E. coli and total coliforms, was bought by IDEXX. The acquisition aided IDEXX in broadening their selection of water microbiological testing solutions for in-field and lab testing.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Bacteria Type ( Coliform, Salmonella, Campylobacter, Listeria , Legionella , Others )
- Technology (Traditional, Rapid)
- Component (Instruments , Test Kits, Consumables & reagents)
- End Use (Food & beverage, Water, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics )
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa )
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Bureau Veritas
- TÜV SÜD
- ALS Limited
- Thermo Fisher
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options