The global Alcohol Ingredients Market is valued at USD 1.99 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3.91 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 8.9% between 2023 and 2030.
The increasing consumer desire for craft and artisanal alcoholic beverages is a major factor driving the growth of the market. This is because of the higher demand for specialty ingredients like unique malts, yeasts, hops, and botanicals. Craft brewers, winemakers, and distillers are constantly pushing creative boundaries by experimenting with new ingredients and techniques to create distinct and flavorful products. The popularity of craft and artisanal beverages reflects changing consumer preferences for premium and customized drinking experiences. This trend not only boosts the need for diverse and high-quality alcohol ingredients but also encourages innovation within the industry. As producers aim to cater to the dynamic and expanding range of consumer tastes in the alcoholic beverage sector, the market continues to grow.
Alcohol Ingredients Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- Over the past few years, there has been a substantial increase in demand for the craft brewing and distilling industries. People worldwide are actively seeking unique and flavorful beers, which in turn is driving the expansion of the market into the beer market.
- Europe generated more than 35.8% of revenue share in 2022.
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030.
- The Flavors & Salts segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 42.5% of the total revenue share in 2022 due to the crucial role these elements play in enhancing taste, aroma, and appearance.
- The Beer segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 38.9% of the total revenue share in 2022.
The growth of the market is influenced by various factors, such as disposable income levels, consumer spending patterns, and regulatory frameworks, as the alcohol industry plays a significant role in many economies worldwide. Changes in economic conditions can impact consumer purchasing power and the market's growth trajectory, as the demand for alcohol ingredients is closely tied to the overall consumption of alcoholic beverages. Furthermore, evolving consumer preferences, particularly for craft and artisanal beverages, drive demand for specialty ingredients.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Growing demand for natural and organic ingredients: The demand for natural and organic ingredients in products, including the alcohol industry, is increasing as consumers seek healthier choices. This has led to a greater need for alcoholic ingredients like organic yeast, natural flavors, and plant-derived colorants.
- Rising popularity of craft and artisanal alcoholic beverages: The market for craft and artisanal alcoholic beverages is witnessing rapid growth as consumers yearn for distinctive and flavorful options. This is spurring the demand for ingredients like specialty yeasts, malts, and botanicals that can aid in the creation of these beverages.
- Increasing interest in low-alcohol and no-alcohol beverages: With a rising focus on health, there is a noticeable trend towards low-alcohol and alcohol-free drinks. This surge has resulted in a higher demand for alcohol ingredients used in the production of non-alcoholic beer and wine bases.
- Growing demand for sustainable alcohol ingredients: There is a rising awareness among consumers regarding the environmental effects of their consumption patterns, including within the alcohol industry. As a result, there is an increasing desire for sustainable alcohol ingredients, which consist of organic elements and ingredients obtained from sustainable suppliers.
The Global Market is categorized into the segments as mentioned below:
The globel Alcohol Ingredients market can be categorized into Ingredients Type, Beverage Type, Region. The Market can be categorized into Yeast, Enzymes, Colorants, Flavors & Salts, Others (Spices, Palm & Supplements) based on Ingredients Type. The Market can be categorized into Beer, Spirits, Wine , Whisky, Brandy, Others (RTDs, Premixes, Cider, & Perry) based on Beverage Type. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Ingredients Type
Flavors & Salts Expected to Hold the Largest Share in the Forecast Times
The Flavors & Salts category dominates the market, playing a crucial role in influencing the taste, smell, and appearance of alcoholic drinks. Flavors like vanilla, caramel, fruit variations, chocolate, coffee, spices, herbs, and floral notes are essential in either enhancing the existing flavors of alcoholic beverages or creating unique taste profiles. Simultaneously, salts such as table salt, sea salt, kosher salt, and Himalayan pink salt help balance sweetness and acidity, enhancing the overall flavor experience. These components are widely used in beer, wine, spirits, and cocktails; vanilla and caramel improve the taste of beer and spirits, while fruit flavors are often found in wine and cocktails.
Based on Beverage Type
Beer will Dominate the Market during the Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the Beer segment. Being the most consumed alcoholic beverage globally, beer's popularity continues to grow because of its wide range of styles, from light lagers to strong stouts. To produce beer, a complex combination of ingredients such as malt, yeast, hops, and water is necessary. The beer segment also benefits from the rising demand for low-alcohol and non-alcoholic beer, driving interest in alcohol ingredients for crafting these alternatives.
Based on Region
Europe Will Lead the Market in the Future
Europe is expected to dominate the market because the region has a longstanding reputation for producing high-quality alcoholic beverages, including beers, wines, and spirits, which has cultivated a sophisticated consumer base with diverse preferences. Additionally, Europe is home to leading suppliers of alcohol ingredients, and the increasing popularity of craft and artisanal beverages is driving demand for specialty ingredients. The region's significant role as a major producer of alcoholic beverages, particularly in countries like Italy, France, Spain, Germany, and Scotland, further contributes to the demand for alcohol ingredients. Within Europe, craft brewers, winemakers, and distillers continuously experiment with new ingredients to create unique and flavorful products, such as specialty malts, yeasts, hops, and botanicals.
The market is highly competitive, with a mix of established global suppliers, regional players, and emerging entrants all striving to gain market share. Large multinational companies rely on their extensive distribution networks, research and development capabilities, and brand recognition to maintain a strong position. Meanwhile, smaller, specialized suppliers thrive by offering unique and high-quality ingredients that cater to the changing preferences of consumers in the craft and artisanal alcohol trend.
The players in the global market include TREATT PLC (UK), Biospringer (France), Angelleast Co. Ltd. (U.S.), Chr. Hansen A/S (Denmark), The Color House (U.S.), Sensient Technologies (U.S.), The Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Döhler (Germany), Kerry Group (Ireland), Ashland Chemicals (U.S.), Global Specialty Chemicals (Saudi Arabia) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- September 2022: According to four sources, Kirin Holdings, a Japanese beverage company, is currently discussing a potential investment of $70 million in Indian craft beer producer Bira. This move signifies Kirin's strong commitment to the rapidly growing South Asian market, especially as it deals with growth challenges within its domestic market.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Ingredients Type (Yeast, Enzymes, Colorants, Flavors & Salts, Others (Spices, Palm & Supplements))
- Beverage Type (Beer, Spirits, Wine , Whisky, Brandy, Others (RTDs, Premixes, Cider, & Perry))
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- TREATT PLC (UK)
- Biospringer (France)
- Angelleast Co. Ltd. (U.S.)
- Chr. Hansen A/S (Denmark)
- The Color House (U.S.)
- Sensient Technologies (U.S.)
- The Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.)
- Döhler (Germany)
- Kerry Group (Ireland)
- Ashland Chemicals (U.S.)
- Global Specialty Chemicals (Saudi Arabia)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options